Kyle Pitts will be the pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taz View Post
    Kyle Pitts at 6? No way not happening. Not saying they won't take a tight end in this draft they will especially after they deal Ertz, but a guy like Chase Allen later in the draft is more what they will be looking at.

Right now I think #6 is something like this

1. Zach Wilson QB BYU - Hurts is nothing special and Wentz is going to be traded in my opinion
    IF WENTZ STAYS and Sewell is off the board which I expect
    call me crazy, but I like Hurts better than Zach Wilson

if we take a QB at #6 or trade up, I may just lose my friggin mind. It does not matter who the friggin QB is if you don't have weapons. It's why Goff has looked better than Darnold. I still say Mahomes would have stuggled with the roster we ran out on the field last year.

it's a game of offense and you need playmakers all over. Tyreek, Kelce, Godwin, Evans, Antonio Brown, Brate, Gronk.

and what we have is Reager, a banged up Ertz and a banged up Goedert. and we want to draft another QB in the first round? wow

Comment

Dawk... I agree.

draft smith and najee Harris and a TE that can run later on. See if that changed the QB. It has to
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I can't see them drafting a QB early. I don't think we've seen enough of Hurts to know if he has it or not. The dude was a rookie, and was thrown into a very difficult situation last season. I also honestly don't think they are going to trade Wentz. They might. I'm not saying it's beyond the realm of possibility. But, everything I've seen so far by the FO as far as the coaching staff indicates to me that they want to try and get Wentz back on track here. Part of that has to be getting the offensive line straight, and giving the QB, regardless of who it is, better weapons. They desperately need difference makers. They have plenty of players who are just guys. Role players. They need some impact players.

Comment

If they draft a QB in rd 1 before trading one of the other 2, I might walk to the Novacare and punch Howie in the mouth
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            If they draft a QB in rd 1 before trading one of the other 2, I might walk to the Novacare and punch Howie in the mouth
            Can I come too?
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yea drafting a QB in round one after all the hell that was raised last year just might blow the city up. Not saying they wouldn't blow off the fan uproar but I think QB would be a real problem pick IF and especially IF they hadn't already traded one of the ones we have. I really think you go into next year with both unless Sirianni talks to Wentz and gets a bad vibe that he just isn't going to be a team player or someone calls and says I'm not giving you a Goff deal but I am going to make you happy with a first and something else. I that case I can see a trade. Rare is the player who is untouchable IMM.
              As for the draft I am with dawk and some others in that you have to have offensive weapons. The birds have so few. So give me Smith or Chase at 6; if not there I am okay with dropping back and get Pitts or one of Surtain/Farley. First two picks have to be offensive weapon and corner help. If that offensive weapon is Harris and the birds become a run the ball down your throat team I am okay with that. In fact, I think our OL (and WRs ) would probably be more suited to running. After that I agree best DE/DT/LB/OL on the board; while they can use talent help everywhere they really need secondary help.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Can I come too?
                Who did jbird go to the vet to protest with in order to get the Linc built? It was something like McNabbforSB or WilliamsforSB or FeeleyforSB
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Wasn't it something like DuceStradler22?
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post

LOL! C'mon Juke, you shouldn't be surprised. It's who they are. They've been doing it for decades. Mike Mamula over Warren Sapp. LJ Smith over Jason Witten. And on, and on, and on, ad nauseum. They just can't help themselves.
                    You forgot the Fireman. I wish I could forget him!! Hell I win’t even read Sherlock Holmes books anymore because Watson is too similar to Watkins!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Marcus Smith, we hardly knew ye

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                        Caleb Farley or Patrick Surtain will be interesting to see who is taken first. Surtain looks good, but how often is he challenged considering all the D weapons on that team?

I'm open to them being option 3 and 4 behind Smith and Chase. I consider WR and CB to be our biggest two needs. In todays pass happy NFL those are shitty areas to lack talent and depth

Pitts would be further down my list.

Sewell would be enticing if he is there. It all depends on his, Mailata, and Dillard's flexibility. Can any of them kick to guard? If not, wasted pick
                        I wouldn't consider it wasted, at the time they had no tape on Mailata. I do think Mailata is athletic enough to move and blocking inside IMO he would dominate. I personally am not too concerned with the line, they should draft another, but I don't think it should be in the first 2 rounds. We had 11-12 different guys play 4 positions and they actually did ok. Any team can lose a guy and have someone step in, but we had 4 fill ins most of the season. If you don't have Smith sitting there, I think defense is the way. If you can hold teams in the 20's on a regular basis, you get in the playoffs. Parsons or Surtain would be nice additions
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

The O-line looks O.K. on paper, but it still scares the shit out of me. Far too many question marks. I don't think there's going to be one on the board at #6 that wouldn't be a reach, and I would rather have an impact offensive player or CB. But, after that, I would have no problem with them investing in the O-line.

Comment

Converting the offense to a run heavy offense would help the struggling OL although I surely don't have an in with the coach
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Good idea. But use a bat instead.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I wouldn't consider it wasted, at the time they had no tape on Mailata. I do think Mailata is athletic enough to move and blocking inside IMO he would dominate. I personally am not too concerned with the line, they should draft another, but I don't think it should be in the first 2 rounds. We had 11-12 different guys play 4 positions and they actually did ok. Any team can lose a guy and have someone step in, but we had 4 fill ins most of the season. If you don't have Smith sitting there, I think defense is the way. If you can hold teams in the 20's on a regular basis, you get in the playoffs. Parsons or Surtain would be nice additions
                                it all comes down to whether Kelce retires or comes back. If he retires, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with Seamalo or herbig being the Center. There are a couple real good centers in this draft. OSU and OK kids. Creed Humphrey and Josh Myers. Both could be had in round 3

maybe I am nuts, but I feel like we are OK at tackle.

Comment

Working...
                                X