Kyle Pitts will be the pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Pitts will be the pick

I get it... this seems like an off the wall deal. But here is why I am now on this guy.

1. D Smith, WR, is going to be gone I think now. And Chase MIGHT be there but I think the Eagles will pass because he doesn't have top end 40 speed.
    2. Zach Ertz is gone and I think Dallas Goedert is a good to very good TE but he is NOT elite.
    3. Travis Kelce is a huge reason why the Chiefs offense is what it is. Pitts is Travis Kelce.
    4. Pitts is 6-6, 245 and can high-point the ball and catch in traffic. What he has the ability to do marries up with throws Carson Wentz likes to make.
    5. Here is the biggest reason. The Eagles just hired a QB from University of Florida. Brian Johnson is going to have first-hand knowledge of Pitts ability and his opinion on Pitts off the field could be the decider here.

I get it guys... a TE is not sexy. But Pitts was in the mix for the Biletnikkof award that goes to a WR. Pitts is a TE in name but he is a WR in the Mike Evans mode. He can be a deep threat because of his size.

I would be completely fine with Pitts at six.
    Last edited by andrewaters; 01-29-2021, 11:46 AM.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

I don’t object to a TE pick but I think Dallas Goedert is pretty damn good when he gets a chance. It’s hardly a pressing need. How are we gonna full our oline?

Comment

SF... I agree that Goedert is good to very good but I also think the WR room is crowded already with guys they aren't quite sure about. Fulghum, Reagor, Ward, JJAW, Hightower, and Quez Watkins are all in that room now. The TE room only has Goedert. Pitts can be either or both based on where you line him up. Pitts has speed similar to JJAW and Alshon but elite length and catch radius. He can also run after the catch. If the Ealges really want to push this further they could try and grab Rondale Moore in the second round. He is sliding some and Kadarius Toney is moving up on boards. Moore has elite speed and make-you-miss type of skills too. I could see them going Pitts and Moore.

All this said... if DeVonte Smith is available at 6 I just don't see how you don't pick him. But based on all the projections I am seeing... including Mel Kiper who I think actually does an outstanding job... I think Smith and Chase might be gone and I think 6 is too high for Jaylen Waddle who Kiper has us taking. Pitts would be the guy if Smith and Chase aren't there. Even if Chase is there I think the Birds would rather have a guy like Pitts that is an immediate factor like Travis Kelce as a TE.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

cannot see it at #6 overall. Travis Kelce was a 3rd rounder. So many great TEs were picked later. Top 6 drafted TEs? phew, not sure how many and how they turned out

I'd be cool with it if we traded down and had two first rounders. But if he is our only first rounder, I wouldn't be happy. we need need more quantity and quality at WR right now

Comment

Agree Dawk. Personally I believe both the WRs will be gone. I have no concern at all with Surtain, who I would love, or Pitts but I would really be angling to drop down to 8 or 9 to grab one of them. If I am at 6 and can't trade out I am definitely taking either of them over Waddle, who I think will be a good WR but not a difference maker like Chase, Smith, Pitts, Surtain will be. Pitts won't be around in round two IMO
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Wow, sorry AW gotta disagree here. Kelce is great-but he has Mahones throwing him the ball, quickly and accurately. Plus KC has a "few" more weapons than we do. Kelce and Mahones have a timing thing, we do not have a QB that is that quick. Ertz was great at down the seam type, not strictly timing routes. And as others have said this team needs more than another TE. I have no idea who they will spend that #6 on, or if they move out from it--- but I do know that this team's biggest weakness is on the O-Line. It's amazing how much better both QB's and WR's are when the O-Line gives them the time to do their thing.

Comment

I tend to agree with MD here, that they really need to grab an elite O-lineman. The problem is I don't know that there is going to be one there that is not a reach at #6. Pitts is an interesting player. I always say to avoid tweeners. Pitts is kind of a tweener. He's not a put your hand down on the ground, all around TE. And, he's not a pure WR. I can see where the Eagles would like the idea of moving him around to get matchups. He is tall, he's physical, and he is a guy who uses his size and strength to make the contested catches. Normally, I would say don't take the tweeners, and don't take a TE at #6. I'd lean towards taking Surtain to be honest. I'd rather have that CB to start across from Slay, if there's not an O-lineman I like. But, I remember Kellen Winslow. If Pitts is that kind of guy, if you project him at that level, I'd seriously consider him, tweener, or not.

Comment

Pits at #6 is way too high IMO. If they want him, they better trade down. Crossing my fingers that D Smith or Chase are available at #6. Or, trade down and get Waddle.

No more trying to outsmart everyone else Howie.

Comment

I believe the #2 pick is the key to who we pick. Will 3 QB's be taken ahead of us? Miami and Cin will not take a QB, but ATL, J'ville and NYJ pick should. I expect one of these picks to be traded and a QB taken. I have to think its #2, but would Watson be a fair swap for Lawrence or #2 and Darnold for Watson. Either way, I think at least 2 QB's will be gone. That basically leaves Smith, Chase, Sewell, Parsons, Surtain and Pitts for the 3-4 remaining picks. I guess, I'd like to see 3QB's gone and both WR. We'd have pick of top rated OL, LB or CB. Or, 2 QB's gone and three of above with someone wanting to grab a QB and willing to give up several picks to get there. Depending on the next month, Detroit and the Texans would want to move up.

I really like Pitts and he could be a matchup nightmare along with Goedert. The guy I really like from Florida is Toney. I think I'd prefer Toney / Marshall (LSU) later over Pitts and then get Sewell, Parsons, or Surtain early.

Comment

Caleb Farley or Patrick Surtain will be interesting to see who is taken first. Surtain looks good, but how often is he challenged considering all the D weapons on that team?

I'm open to them being option 3 and 4 behind Smith and Chase. I consider WR and CB to be our biggest two needs. In todays pass happy NFL those are shitty areas to lack talent and depth

Pitts would be further down my list.

Sewell would be enticing if he is there. It all depends on his, Mailata, and Dillard's flexibility. Can any of them kick to guard? If not, wasted pick

Comment

BPA all the way for me. We've got holes to fill all over the place. Going into next season the only areas that I feel confident are O line and rb but if they draft there then so be it. At 6 we should get a stud who shoulldd start day 1.
                      Last edited by Eagle60; 01-29-2021, 10:38 PM.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Wow 60, guess you watched a different o line then I did. Johnson? Who the hell knows about his health. Brooks? Who the hell knows about his health? Kielce? Gettin up there, will he retire or be as mobile? And the rest of the cast was no, repeat, NOT impressive. I’m not saying use pick 6 on the O Line, but they need a big upgrade there if ANY QB will stay standing.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Wow 60, guess you watched a different o line then I did. Johnson? Who the hell knows about his health. Brooks? Who the hell knows about his health? Kielce? Gettin up there, will he retire or be as mobile? And the rest of the cast was no, repeat, NOT impressive. I’m not saying use pick 6 on the O Line, but they need a big upgrade there if ANY QB will stay standing.
                          They should come back healthy MD (please). I don't think that Kelce has lost anything. Dillard looks very good to me from what I've seen of him. If they take an O lineman at 6 I guess some of them won't be back. If they all don't come back we are in a world of shit though. Damn, you've really got me depressed even more now! I had forgotten how bad some of those injuries were.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

They should come back healthy MD (please). I don't think that Kelce has lost anything. Dillard looks very good to me from what I've seen of him. If they take an O lineman at 6 I guess some of them won't be back. If they all don't come back we are in a world of shit though. Damn, you've really got me depressed even more now! I had forgotten how bad some of those injuries were.
                            Hey, they could come back 110%, but we are talking about Philly here-------- so there is that!
                            And again I am not saying they need to use the #6 on an O-Lineman, just that they need to upgrade the O-Line as a/the priority.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Hey, they could come back 110%, but we are talking about Philly here-------- so there is that!
                              And again I am not saying they need to use the #6 on an O-Lineman, just that they need to upgrade the O-Line as a/the priority.
                              I don't think that we can assume anything with these guys. There are question marks all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X