No announcement yet.

Kyle Pitts will be the pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said last year hope isn't a strategy. You can not count on guys coming back from injury. Now, if the team is in touch with these guys and they know they are healthy that is something to weigh. But Brooks has been injured before as has Johnson so 'counting' on them would be tough for me
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post

I don't think that we can assume anything with these guys. There are question marks all over the place.
      for sure, there's something buried under the Novacare that is hurting these guys IMO. Nothing else explains all the injuries. On paper we should be fine on the line These guys claim the want competition , I want Mailata and Dillard to battle it out. Seumalo, Kelce, Brooks and Johnson and the winner of that battle make us an offense to worry about. Then we have 5-6 guys with some good game experience
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm leaning BPA. I do acknowledge a bias toward a stud WR prospect, but I can see how a CB could be selected. If OL is the pick, my guess is that somebody (Dillard? *gulp* Lane Johnson?) gets moved in a trade. In that (Lane) scenario, Mailata moved to RT? So many moving parts...

Comment

I said it before and I stand by it, if Smith or Chase is available and the Eagles take another receiver in the first 2 rounds I will be done with them until Howie is fired. Passing on top receivers for lesser ones names JJAW and Reagor only to have to keep wasting early picks on more receivers is unacceptable. I am half out the door with the coaching moves this year. It just feels like they are locked into proving they are smarter than everyone else and its clear they aren’t.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            I said it before and I stand by it, if Smith or Chase is available and the Eagles take another receiver in the first 2 rounds I will be done with them until Howie is fired. Passing on top receivers for lesser ones names JJAW and Reagor only to have to keep wasting early picks on more receivers is unacceptable. I am half out the door with the coaching moves this year. It just feels like they are locked into proving they are smarter than everyone else and its clear they aren’t.
            I am 100% on board regarding Smith and Chase. I will be pissed as hell if they pass on 1 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              LOL! C'mon Juke, you shouldn't be surprised. It's who they are. They've been doing it for decades. Mike Mamula over Warren Sapp. LJ Smith over Jason Witten. And on, and on, and on, ad nauseum. They just can't help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post

LOL! C'mon Juke, you shouldn't be surprised. It's who they are. They've been doing it for decades. Mike Mamula over Warren Sapp. LJ Smith over Jason Witten. And on, and on, and on, ad nauseum. They just can't help themselves.
                ...and Jon Harris over...

Comment

Guys I will not complain if they take Smith or Chase at 6. And after watching Pitts a bit this year and watching his tape on YouTube I'd be OK with Pitts at 6 also although I do think if you could move back 3-5 spots and still get him I'd be OK with that too. We need difference makers on offense and something just tells me that Brian Johnson is going to stand on the table and say Pitts is the biggest difference make offensively in the draft and at 38 you might/could get Rondale Moore. I'm just saying... its not an upset if that go that direction in my mind.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I am going to be happy if, in two years, we are not talking about who went after us and how we missed. WR, OL, LB, CB, TE. Really don't care as long as they end up being everything we hope.

Comment

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...t-no-2-overall
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post

...and Jon Harris over...
                        Anybody who has ever been drafted.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Damn, beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

aw, come on man , Harris was a perfect 7th round pick
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Kyle Pitts at 6? No way not happening. Not saying they won't take a tight end in this draft they will especially after they deal Ertz, but a guy like Chase Allen later in the draft is more what they will be looking at.

Right now I think #6 is something like this

1. Zach Wilson QB BYU - Hurts is nothing special and Wentz is going to be traded in my opinion
                              IF WENTZ STAYS and Sewell is off the board which I expect

2. Gregory Rousseau DE Miami - Always a Priority position for the Eagles
                              3a. Patrick Surtain CB Alabama - Priority position for the Eagles
                              3b. Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech - Priority position for the Eagles
                              4. Jamar Chase WR - Best receiver in the draft hands down
                              5. Christina Barmore DT Alabama - Sneaky need for the Eagles. Fletch could be traded. Barmore is a beast. (Could deal back to get him)
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Taz I like Rousseau but he is sliding. I don't think they take him at 6. Now Kwity Pape is moving up actually so I see that.

I'm not saying I like Pitts at 6 but I can live with it and according to all the experts he is worthy of going in the top 10. He is the third most projected guy to the Eagles after Smith and Chase and I think both those guys could be gone. I know OL usually goes in the top 5 but there are a ton of top 50 OL prospects so I think it is possible teams in the top 10 will wait and hope they can get their guy or A GUY in round 2. I also see Surtain sliding down as far as 16 to the Cardinals in some mock drafts.

I do think that it is likely after Sunshine goes 1, that Zach Wilson goes 2 and then Smith and Chase before we pick with either an OL or another QB in the mix. I'd have no issue with the Eagles trading back from 6 a few spots, picking up a second and taking Pitts at 8 or 10.

Notice how all the hub bub about the Eagles "throwing" the last game of the season is gone by the way. As much as the media didn't like it then, it is forgotten now and will only be resurrected when the Eagles are on the clock at the draft.

Lastly... I think it is highly likely that the Eagles trade either Hurts or Wentz. My money is on Wentz. And then they try and become a power running team with Hurts handing the ball off to Sanders and I think the Eagles are going to take another RB in the top 3 rounds to pair with him. I'd love for them to take Najee Harris in round 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X