No announcement yet.

Best Course of Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that I’m the only one of us that likes our rbs. It sure would sure be nice to have an Ewok on the team though.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I like Sanders a lot, but we all saw what happened when we had the "power back" like a Blount. Having said that, they absolutely should not draft a 1st rd RB. I'm on the WR wagon with that #6 pick, if Smith or Chase are there. A speedy WR will help open up the field for everyone else. 2nd round we have to go CB. Maybe 3rd or 4th rd is the right spot for a RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I guess that I’m the only one of us that likes our rbs. It sure would sure be nice to have an Ewok on the team though.
        I love Sanders and Scott, but if Sanders goes down, an undersized Scott isn't going to carry the team and Clement doesn't do a thing for me. It's hard to say for sure though, cuz we ran in stupid situations, ran too many of those plays across the formation against speedy LBs, when all we had to do was go downhill. I'm anxious to see if someone else will call plays that put us in a position to succeed
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I really like Trey Sermon from Ohio State in maybe the fourth round.

I also would be OK with the Chuba Hubbard kid from Oklahoma State in maybe the third or fourth round. I do think they need another RB to team with Sanders and Scott.

The other name that is Rhamondre Stevenson who was a character issue at Oklahoma at times but reminds me a lot of Blount. He has a really wide lower body and good balance but has pretty good feet for being a 250 pound back.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I also like Sanders/Scott but who do you have after that?? No one. Keeping those two and picking up two aged vets with little in the tank is folly IMO. Not sure why anyone would think the team is going to gel real quick when you have a COMPLETE new coaching staff save OL (last year we all were laughing at every team in division having a new HC but keeping most of their staff) and half the team coming back from injury. Say Wentz is the QB and they start bad or Wentz is gone and Hurts is QB and they start bad. The media jackals, thus the fans, will be looking for blood because 1- they kept and started Wentz or 2- they let Wentz go and started Hurts. Gotta have a reasonable start to the season and best way is to take some of the pressure off by in order to open up the passing game.
            I'm okay with all those guys you name aw; I just don't want to see some kid from College of West Texas South School of Agriculture in round seven and say we are good.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X