Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot's of smoke on a Wentz trade

not saying it will happen, but sure is looking more and more likely

Man, I loved Wentz when we drafted him and thought he'd be here for years.

I'm now getting it in my head that it is best to move on with Hurts as our starter. Especially if we can net a first rounder and maybe more

I don’t disagree that moving on from Wentz may be best at this point, but only because he does not seem open to a reunion. Not at all sold on Hurts. He has everything but an elite arm.

Soooo .... do you draft Justin Fields at 6 if he is there and reopen QB controversy or do you surround Hurts with weapons and see if he can develop? Either way playoffs may be a wistful memory for a while.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Did anyone else notice that now that the trade talk is heating up, Jalen Hurts is getting all this press about helping out a needy family, "giving back to the community"? Interesting...
      https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...k-for-new-home

Comment

If you can get a first rounder for Wentz at this point.....do it. Right now he is a potential locker room cancer.

I don't trust any of the QB's in the draft, not named Trevor Lawrence. I don't want another failed Ohio State QB in the NFL. I know that people say Fields is different from Haskins and the others. But, anyone can be successful in that Ohio State offense.

Besides, Hurts has had a taste of starting. What will drafting another QB do to that relationship ?

Get another first rounder. Surround Hurts with more weapons (top WR if possible). Start the rebuild.

Comment

I don't know I tend to think all the smoke is from media types needing something easy to write and beating up the guy who doesn't talk is pretty easy. Having said that I also am tiring of all the talk. I wish they would play their hand but I think we might have to put up with this all the way until the third day of the new year when his bonus is due. I am at the point where you get a first and don't give up anything I do it but I just would not be willing to do a deal where they have to give and not get (ala LA) . But they better not draft a QB at 6 after just having F-ed this up last year. You brought Hurts in so you better live with it and fix the rest of the positions. They'll need to pick up some vet somewhere and draft someone in the later rounds.
          It is early in the off season but I am close to being with the group who wants to go to NovaCare and punch Howie.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I am hearing it is a 2 team race between the Colts and Bears. I find the Bears stuff hard to believe unless somehow you get Foles back in the process but how do you fit him under the cap unless Wentz revamps his deal and the Bears are already over the cap themselves. I also think it is entirely possible that Ryan Pace and Howie being friends are making up the Bears stuff to try and create a market for Wentz where there really is not one.

My money is on the Eagles releasing Wentz outright before his March payday at this point. I don't think anyone wants him and yes that means you eat a ton of money but better this year than next.

This has to has to get done before you pay the guy all that money on March 15 or whenever it is.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              I am hearing it is a 2 team race between the Colts and Bears. I find the Bears stuff hard to believe unless somehow you get Foles back in the process but how do you fit him under the cap unless Wentz revamps his deal and the Bears are already over the cap themselves. I also think it is entirely possible that Ryan Pace and Howie being friends are making up the Bears stuff to try and create a market for Wentz where there really is not one.

My money is on the Eagles releasing Wentz outright before his March payday at this point. I don't think anyone wants him and yes that means you eat a ton of money but better this year than next.

This has to has to get done before you pay the guy all that money on March 15 or whenever it is.
              d

Never say never to a conspiracy theory ..... but nah.

Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
                Did anyone else notice that now that the trade talk is heating up, Jalen Hurts is getting all this press about helping out a needy family, "giving back to the community"? Interesting...
                https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...k-for-new-home
                Yes. I was thinking that very thing...

Comment

This is best for both parties. I hope this happens.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, citing two unnamed NFL personnel sources, reports that the Eagles are “close to trading” Wentz.

Comment

A first round pick, any first round pick, would be a steal at this point for Wentz with that contract.

Comment

First I hate they are trading Wentz but this is the player pushing for this guaranteed. You simply don't bench a franchise QB and blame all the issues the team had on one player. Did he have a bad year ABSOLUTLEY. But so did 99% of the rest of the team.

Now here is what I am hearing is happening. I have some sources but I wouldn't say they are Howie Roseman (HA HA HA). The Bears, Colts and Saints are the most in on Wentz. All three teams are talking to Wentz about contract restructures. That is what is holing up the deal at the moment. Here is the biggest one, the Wentz camp is talking with all three teams about restructuring his deal. Right now the Eagles want multiple picks including at least one first round pick and one that could be as high as a 1st round pick. Now this one is just a rumor but the deal from Chicago is Chicago's 1st and 2nd this year, a 1st next year for Wentz and the Eagles 2nd round pick. So the Eagles would get slightly less than 2 first round picks for Wentz. The 20th pick this year and the 1st rounder next year but according to the trade chart to trade up in the 2nd round from 52-37 is worth roughly a mid 3rd round pick (per most draft value charts).

I also hear the Eagles want to sign Jacoby Brissett to compete with Jalen Hurts.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I also hate to see them get rid of Wentz but I have said all along two are a problem and they have to make a call and stick with it. That Bears offer, if true, is about as good as they can possibly get although I agree Foles being in Chi Town would seem to be a hindrance.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          First I hate they are trading Wentz but this is the player pushing for this guaranteed. You simply don't bench a franchise QB and blame all the issues the team had on one player. Did he have a bad year ABSOLUTLEY. But so did 99% of the rest of the team.

Now here is what I am hearing is happening. I have some sources but I wouldn't say they are Howie Roseman (HA HA HA). The Bears, Colts and Saints are the most in on Wentz. All three teams are talking to Wentz about contract restructures. That is what is holing up the deal at the moment. Here is the biggest one, the Wentz camp is talking with all three teams about restructuring his deal. Right now the Eagles want multiple picks including at least one first round pick and one that could be as high as a 1st round pick. Now this one is just a rumor but the deal from Chicago is Chicago's 1st and 2nd this year, a 1st next year for Wentz and the Eagles 2nd round pick. So the Eagles would get slightly less than 2 first round picks for Wentz. The 20th pick this year and the 1st rounder next year but according to the trade chart to trade up in the 2nd round from 52-37 is worth roughly a mid 3rd round pick (per most draft value charts).

I also hear the Eagles want to sign Jacoby Brissett to compete with Jalen Hurts.
                          You know...the Brissett thing? I was actually thinking before reading this that he'd be thrown into a potential deal with the Colts. I'd think that Sirianni and staff would have a degree of familiarity with him...

...as for the player driving the trade, that's plausible. The Eagles and fans can want the player to stay, but the player has got to want to stay too. I mean, if someone is compelled to support an organization's goals, do they really support it? Thanks...good stuff Taz!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

If that deal goes down with the Bears, I would be ecstatic. Please, please let it be true. We would need to rush the deal before the Bears management came to their senses.

I was lurking on the Bears forums yesterday to see what they thought about a Wentz trade. Most of them said they would be absolutely livid if the Bears gave up a first rounder for Wentz. Very few were OK with giving up a first round pick. if the Bears were to give up more than a first round pick, their fans would have a complete meltdown. Some of them thought the Eagles should give the Bears a first round pick for taking Wentz's contract.

Comment

Because of the cap hit, and need for cheaper drafted players I think the Eagles should hold out for at least two picks this year.

1st and 3rd would do it for me

maybe a 2nd and 3rd this year and 2nd next year.

anything less and they should wait

Comment

Working...
                              X