• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natalie Egenolf

@NatalieEgenolf
    ?
    1h
    Source is telling me Bears deal for Wentz is close. Foles is speculated to be included with another offensive player and a first rounder. Buckle up.

woudl be hilarious to get Foles back.

Comment

just glanced at the roster , other than linemen and Allen Robinson, I don't know who we would want.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Cohen, Nick this years 1St for Wentz and our 2nd rd.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Cohen, Nick this years 1St for Wentz and our 2nd rd.
          Underwhelming if true. Absolute organizational failure ... and this is coming from a guy with a Nick Foles avatar.
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Certainly lots of moving parts in any Wentz deal. Are the birds going to pick up any of his contract? If he going to redo his deal? Lots of parts. Anyway, two points. If one thinks we should get a first for Wentz (lots do but it is debatable) then giving up our second for Nick and Cohen seems too steep to me. If Bears threw in their second or even third I would be more happy with that proposal. Swapping our second for their second in the other deal I read is a big deal in my mind. That is dropping from pick 6 (#38 I believe) to pick 20 in the round. Quite a drop in talent I would think.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I don't want Nick or Cohen, If we are going this route, give me picks all day. Other than the SB half season, Nick has been average and you can find 10 Cohens on the unemployment line in fact we had one in camp last year
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Agreed. I don’t want players. I want picks. Preferably a first and another pick this year

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  I don't want Nick or Cohen, If we are going this route, give me picks all day. Other than the SB half season, Nick has been average and you can find 10 Cohens on the unemployment line in fact we had one in camp last year
                  Same here. With Wentz dead money cap hit and the fact that we are so far over the cap already, too many good players are going to have to go this year. Start the rebuild and no more retreads. I love Nick. But, even his contract is too steep right now. We need cap relief in a major way. Screw the coming season and start planning for the fall of 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                    Agreed. I don’t want players. I want picks. Preferably a first and another pick this year
                    For one thing you really have to ask yourself what a benched quarterback is worth to somebody else?
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Nick in Philly is a good fit guys. I don't get why this is a negative? You need a capable backup and Foles is cheap for a backup at $4 million. And we know he is the ultimate locker room and swallow your pride guy. We also don't want to have anyone saying the backup can play. And after 2 years of what Nick tape no one is going to say he should play instead of Hurts unless Hurts looks like Jamarcus Russell for the first 6 games.

Cohen has a bad contract so we are taking him. He is only 25. And by bad contract I mean next year the Eagles will owe him $3 and then $5 million. That is actually not bad. We paid Sproles that. And maybe this is a sign that the Eagles see what we all see in Boston Scott... that he is just not that good.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        Nick in Philly is a good fit guys. I don't get why this is a negative? You need a capable backup and Foles is cheap for a backup at $4 million. And we know he is the ultimate locker room and swallow your pride guy. We also don't want to have anyone saying the backup can play. And after 2 years of what Nick tape no one is going to say he should play instead of Hurts unless Hurts looks like Jamarcus Russell for the first 6 games.

Cohen has a bad contract so we are taking him. He is only 25. And by bad contract I mean next year the Eagles will owe him $3 and then $5 million. That is actually not bad. We paid Sproles that. And maybe this is a sign that the Eagles see what we all see in Boston Scott... that he is just not that good.
                        I keep going over the Eagles cap situation in 2021 and can't find any way for them to really get under the cap as it is. Nothing works And, that includes cutting some key players. I hope Howie has a plan in place, because it really looks dire. He is going to have to rework contacts and that is going to push stuff down the road even further.

I really hate our cap situation. It's downright depressing.

My only problem with getting Foles back has to do with his contract. How much of that contract would further deplete the Eagles cap this year ? Same with Cohen ? They are going to have to find players on the super cheap just to fill out this roster next year IMO.

Comment

I actually dont see that as a bad way to go. We need RB depth and Cohen brings a ton of versatility. Find a larger back, move Scott to #3/4 on depth chart and role. Foles is another keeper. He can come in and manage a game if #1 is hurt and brings character that is sorely needed to the locker room. All that being said, picks for next year allow us to bargain basement hunt to complete a roster that is going to be devoid of many top notch guys that simply cost too much when we are paying for the Wentz fiasco. I wish him well, but this year is gonna be some bad football.

Comment

Cohen is nothing more than a big big question mark.... coming off ACL and depending on quickness is a big gamble. Nick, was a bolt of lighting, just another back up now, not worth top dollar.
                            going from 38 to 20 is ok but not a barn burner. IMHO.

Comment

Looking at the Colts, what player could be mixed into a potential trade? Isn't Brissett an FA now? Also there's supposed to be a mystery team involved. But every team that might have any interest at all in a new QB has been discussed everywhere. So, is it really a mystery? (FWIW, I'm thinking it's the Raiders....or the Pats)

Comment

Certainly Drew Brees will be out of NO next year. Not sure of their QB situation but they could easily be quietly in the mix
                                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X