Carson gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson gone

Sounds like a third and conditional second next year from the Colts. Terrible return in my mind but it sure sounds like no one felt Howie had the upper hand
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

The Eagles on Thursday agreed to trade Wentz to the Colts for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that can turn into a first-rounder, NBC Sports Philadelphia’s John Clark confirmed.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

How the mighty have fallen. In 10 months we'll see where the dysfunction was, won't we? I really thought the Birds struck gold with Wentz until the wheels fell off. Kind of sad. I'm no salary cap expert; I wonder what the impact will be on the cap of this move.

Now imagine if we pick a qb with #6 which should be an option.
      Last edited by Vet Turf; 02-18-2021, 12:28 PM. Reason: Correct the draft pick from 7 to 6

Comment

Eagles can’t afford to pick a QB at 6. They need to do a lot of other things first. Otherwise the train wreck will get uglier.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Its gonna be a long year folks. I have to think that you do not make this change unless you plan to run with Hurts or, at a min, bring in a solid backup/starter on a cheap 1-year deal a/k/a Andy Dalton. Drafting a QB is not an option. 2021 will be the year we reset the cap can and no longer kick it down the road. $180 mil with Wentz being like 15% of that. We may see other aging vets with big dollars moved or cut and hit the reset. First of many moves. I wish him well and i am afraid we will see Frank was the Wizard and Doug was little else.

Comment

We didn’t get enough out of the trade but I don’t care.

Wentz was never going to be the same IN PHILLY. He might resurrect his career in Indy and people will say “see I told you” but I’m convinced he is done in Philly and this was the best move.

I don’t think we will or should look back on this with regret.

Comment

NBC Sports Philadelphia has confirmed that the second-rounder in 2022 will turn into a first-rounder if Wentz played 75% of snaps or if he plays 70% and the Colts make the playoffs.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I disagree that drafting a QB is not an option. I don't know what the Eagles think they have in Hurts, but they have the #6 pick. Not saying I think the Eagles should take a QB, but it is an option.

As far as Wentz is concerned. he got what he wanted. I don't think he would have turned it around in Philly, but he has a chance now. We'll see if Reich can coach him up.

Comment

33.82 million in dead money this year due to the nature of his contract.

That's an NFL record folks.

Comment

Well best we could have hoped for. This doesn't excuse the Eagles for being in this situation. I blame Lurie for all of it. Howie did OK in this. Next year is going to be a rebuild year. So having the extra 1st (Which I think it will be) in 2022 is a good thing. Especially if Lurie does wake up and get rid of Howie. It will make this a desirable place for another GM to come to.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      33.82 million in dead money this year due to the nature of his contract.

That's an NFL record folks.
                      Some rumblings Carson may have redone his contract to make this move possible
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        We didn’t get enough out of the trade but I don’t care.

Wentz was never going to be the same IN PHILLY. He might resurrect his career in Indy and people will say “see I told you” but I’m convinced he is done in Philly and this was the best move.

I don’t think we will or should look back on this with regret.
                        Concur 100%. The condition of 75% snaps is certainly achievable IMM; much more so than production numbers or Colts making div game or something.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Imagine the colts getting him 75% of the snaps. Then for the last play of the season they bring in a rookie to kneel down and he drops to 74.99%

Comment

IMO the Colts won't miss the playoffs, so we're good.
                            I don't see what the big deal is about eating the contract, we ate Alshon and Desean's contracts this season along with Peters

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                              IMO the Colts won't miss the playoffs, so we're good.
                              I don't see what the big deal is about eating the contract, we ate Alshon and Desean's contracts this season along with Peters
                              Ate a lot of s*** in the Bradford deal I thought. Howie has made some good trades but he has eaten a lot of s***
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X