Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading Other Players as Eagles Enter Rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Other Players as Eagles Enter Rebuild?

The premise is that the author thinks the Eagles should offer some respected vets the option to go to a contender as the Eagles rebuild. I understand his argument but disagree.
    Jason Kelce and Brandon Graham are two come to mind and moving them to teams who give them a chance to end careers with another SB title would be a gesture of goodwill

Bad article. You can't talk about trading Jason Kelce unless you look at the cap. A trade of Kelce will cost you another 2 mill on the salary cap For a team that is currently 47 million over the cap, that can't be done. The Veterans they can trade without taking on a negative cap situation (there will still be a cap hit, however a net gain would happen). Fletcher Cox 2.8 mill to the positive, Brandon Graham 800k to the positive. Zach Ertz 4.8 to the positive, Same for DeSean Jackson. The biggest gain the one that will bring back the most in the return is Derrick Barnett at 10.1 million savings. However, with the 2022 cap situation being so much better now an extension of Barnett now makes more sense. Hell even trading Andre Dillard gets you into a negative cap situation.

I believe they will trade Ertz, most likely for something like the Darrius Slay deal of last year. Either a 3rd or a 4th rounder plus maybe a lesser player or a 6th or 7th rounder. I believe there could be some surprise players who could be traded .I think everyone is on the table to be dealt at this point.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

...another article along the same line. Maybe it's just me not being able to fully acknowledge that the Eagles may not be that good next year-plus. I have a hard time seeing any of this happen outside of Ertz. Nothing surprises me anymore though. Anything can happen.

Comment

I agree... trading Kelce is just stupid. Honestly, you can't trade a lot of these guys unless they are willing to redo their deals to get it done.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think we are going to be surprised to see who goes. Almost 20% of cap is Wentz. Making up the balance of that cap space, having room for rookies and a QB is gonna leave cupboards pretty bare. Not sure you you push that much out with Carson's anchor. Gonna be a long few years.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
            I think we are going to be surprised to see who goes. Almost 20% of cap is Wentz. Making up the balance of that cap space, having room for rookies and a QB is gonna leave cupboards pretty bare. Not sure you you push that much out with Carson's anchor. Gonna be a long few years.
            Sadly, I completely agree. I think the Eagles are going full on rebuild mode. Sirianni probably knew this when he took the job.

Comment

A lot of silliness here----- you can trade any player--- and whether it's good or bad only depends on what the trade is and how it helps or hurts your team!

Comment

MD... why the aggression man? We're all friends. As a long timer on the board I'm going to ask that you tone it down a bit. I love you man you know that and tempers are hot here with what we went through but hey we are all BirdGang for life man. Try and remember that man.

As for trading players, if the salary cap was not involved I agree. I'm just not sure there is a way to accelerate the bonus money that you'd have to and carry the dead money.

Overall though I agree. You can definitely trade anybody.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

You win MD. Keep it up. I’ll try to toughen up.

Comment

Deleted. Have no idea what bee is under your bonnet AW. Please point out what I said that has you so upset?

Comment

AW I didn’t think md’s comment was aggressive at all, but I will ask everybody to stop and take a breath. This has been a shitty year on the field, off the field and in the world, so everyone is pretty stressed. We have a small but great group of members here but if someone or something here pisses you off, take a minute before you reply. I have stayed away from the board in the last few weeks simply because I knew I couldn’t hear any more about the Wentz situation without getting pissed off. That’s what I needed and it helped me distance myself and remember what’s important. It’s going to be a long off season and a few years before we can expect a deep playoff run so it’s a good time to take a breath and refocus.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I’m not upset at all MD. And I agree with Juk. Let’s all think before we respond and that includes me.

I am going to make one pledge to the board though... I’m going to stop speaking in absolutes. Like I know more than the rest of you. Everybody on this board knows football and everybody knows and loves the Eagles.

so I’m going to stop acting like I know more because I don’t think I do but maybe sometimes I type in a way that it comes off like that. Others on the board do too and Juk is right. The pandemic and this team has stressed us all a bit. I’m going to do better.

I love everybody on here. I’m not going anywhere. It’s gonna be great when we are better than the experts think next year and we win another Lombardi because we will. I think the Birds are gonna get this right. They are tearing it all down and gonna put it back together. We did it once. We are gonna do it again.

Comment

Addressed to no one in particular, just throwing this out there....IMO it's all about perspective/perception. A barn is seen differently through the eyes of people standing in different locations in the farmyard. Same barn, different view. Therefore, no one is really wrong when expressing what they perceive, as long as such an expression is not an obvious misrepresentation, like the noontime sky being fluorescent (or midnight) green.

We gonna be alright Gents....

Comment

Well, while still not being sure of what I did or what I was accused of doing, I will say that that this board, while much much smaller, and much less diverse in thoughts. Still has room for not following one line of reasoning or thought process.

And what seems silly to me or wrong, does not to others. But just as this country needs a diversity of thought, so does this board, and when anyone strives to take that diversity aware, we should all be worried.

AW, if I have upset you so much, please send me a note or an e-mail so we can discuss it. I know I can be a bit "straightforward" in my comments at times, thus my choice of Avatar. I have been on these Philly boards for over 20 years, and I do not believe anyone can say that I have sugar-coated my responses in all those years. I am not "woke" and I am not PC, never have been and never will be--- and I think you know this. Thus my surprise at your attack. Love ya Bud!

Comment

Love you too MD. I’m good.

Fly Eagles Fly forever man.

Comment

Working...
                              X