We should consider a QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should consider a QB

Let's face it, you need a stud at QB and we hopefully will never pick this high again although there's an excellent chance we will be picking number 1 in 2022 if we roll with Hurts and a bunch of Whoie's rookies. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd take a run at it if you fall in love with somebody.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

After #1, I don't think any of the QBs is a sure thing. Is Fields that much better than what Hurts already brings? Do you want to take a risk on Trey Lance who only played 1 game this year and wasn't that impressive? are you sold on Zach Wilson? I answer no to all of those. If we walk away with Chase, Parsons or Pitts I would be happy. I am not sold on Hurts, I just don't see how what is available after Trevor is a true move forward while getting Chase, Parsons or Pitts would be an instant upgrade and solve an issue. Drafting one of those 3 qbs still presents you with questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      Let's face it, you need a stud at QB and we hopefully will never pick this high again although there's an excellent chance we will be picking number 1 in 2022 if we roll with Hurts and a bunch of Whoie's rookies. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd take a run at it if you fall in love with somebody.
      If Hurts isn’t any good, we definitely pick this high again. So I don’t see the point of drafting a qb this year unless you can unload Hurts.

We need to cut all dead weight and just rebuilt. Forget cap space— take your lumps now. Plan for the future. Maybe we get lucky and Hurts is another Mahomes.

thinking about the super bowl Mahomes was really really good. His receivers just kept dropping shit on important plays. His Oline didn’t help at all and he still made plays.

Comment

I may be the only one but I would go absolutely nuts on Howie. You might get Ryan Leaf or you might get Peyton Manning but the birds need help in more areas than QB. If this team is so bad you run the risk of ruining your great pick. They took Hurts and they need to give him some rope. I don't think he is the best of the best but I think he is certainly good enough to give them an opportunity to see what he can do. They need a QB but that QB can come in round 6 for all I care. Otherwise I pick up a couple of guys off the street that won't bust the limited budget.
        Why in the hell did they take Hurts of they felt he was nothing more than a backup. You can find backups in any round.
        EDIT: But I should say that I have no problem with them putting out disinformation. Tell everyone you might go QB so that someone in the 8-12 range wants to give you picks to move up
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I tend to agree, a bit, with the do not draft a QB this crowd. My reasoning is that 1. Gotta give Hurts a chance, hell we used a high pick on him, he has a year(partial) under his belt. 2. Chances are we are gonna suck this year anyhow, rather have an older backup to help hurts. 3. It's still a crapshoot for QB's (Manziel vs Brady). 4. If Hurts sucks then we in fact will still have a high pick next year, and I am not so much a believer in this crop vs the next crop, for the same reason I use Manziel and Brady.

Rather see this year we use the better picks on the lines!

Comment

You have to have a QB but after Lawrence and Wilson I'm not sure there is a sure thing in this draft. So to me, you just don't draft a QB because you need one. If we end up with Justin Fields I'm going to jump out of a window.

I am now 100% completely in on Kyle Pitts. Daniel Jeremiah has him ranked as the third best player on his board and said he is a mismatch wherever you line him up. Devonte Smith is now the third WR according to Jeremiah after Ja'Marr Chase and Jaylen Waddle. So if there is that kind of a difference of opinion on the WRs then I am just all in on Pitts. At this point, he may not make it to us at 6.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Well guys, I did say consider lol. I don't have a lot of faith in anybody in that front office right now and that includes Luri (great owner but meddles too much) with this rebuild. As long as Whoie is around we're going nowhere anyway. At least he'll get us a few top 5's until he finally gets canned.

Comment

The issue with waiting till 2022 to take a QB is right now it does not look like a good QB draft. I have been taking some more looks at Mac Jones from Alabama. His numbers were better than Tua's with less talent. Wondering if he doesn't sneak into the conversation. The only one of the top6 (Lawrence, Fields. Wilson, Lance, Trask and Jones) I don't like is Fields. In Coll?ge he was a one look and throw guy. That just doesn't translate to the Pro's. Lawerence should be a stud, Really Really like Wilson. Lance is not Carson Wentz, he is more athletic than Wentz was coming out of college. Wentz though was more pro ready. Trask and Jones are in that next group to me. Then Fiellds.

If they roll with Hurts they better be right. Otherwise its not just 2021 that we are throwing away is 2022 also. Then maybe by 2023 we can find a QB. Then that will take a year or two to develop. Its like a 5 year plan.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

2022 Unrestricted free agents don’t look that great.

Option
                  Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT UFA -
                  Tom Brady QB TB UFA Market Value
                  Drew Brees QB NO UFA -
                  Taysom Hill QB NO UFA -
                  Marcus Mariota QB LV UFA -
                  Baker Mayfield QB CLE CO Market Value
                  Nick Foles QB CHI UFA -
                  Sam Darnold QB NYJ CO -
                  Josh Allen QB BUF CO Market Value
                  Josh Rosen QB MIA CO -
                  Jeff Driskel QB DEN UFA -
                  Lamar Jackson QB BAL CO Market Value
                  Chad Henne QB KC UFA -
                  Josh McCown QB HOU UFA -
                  Josh Johnson QB SF UFA -
                  Nathan Peterman QB LV UFA -
                  Davis Webb QB BUF UFA -
                  Mason Rudolph QB PIT UFA -
                  Cooper Rush QB DAL UFA -
                  Mike White QB NYJ RFA -
                  Dwayne Haskins QB PIT RFA -
                  Josh Rosen QB SF RFA -
                  Garrett Gilbert QB DAL UFA -
                  Clayton Thorson QB NYG ERFA -
                  Phillip Walker QB CAR RFA -
                  Jacob Dolegala QB NE ERFA -
                  John Wolford QB LAR ERFA -
                  David Blough QB DET RFA -
                  Brett Rypien QB DEN RFA -
                  Logan Woodside QB TEN ERFA -
                  Anthony Gordon QB KC ERFA -
                  Jake Browning QB MIN ERFA -
                  Kyle Shurmur QB CIN ERFA -

Comment

Please no 1st round QB, for all the reasons already said.

Comment

Looking at that FA list, it occurred to me that if Andy Reid was here, Haskins would be in Eagles training camp.

Comment

]I'd like to see them pick up Mariota for a backup.. He's a similar QB and and could run the same offense if Hursts goes down or flames out.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          The issue with waiting till 2022 to take a QB is right now it does not look like a good QB draft. I have been taking some more looks at Mac Jones from Alabama. His numbers were better than Tua's with less talent. Wondering if he doesn't sneak into the conversation. The only one of the top6 (Lawrence, Fields. Wilson, Lance, Trask and Jones) I don't like is Fields. In Coll?ge he was a one look and throw guy. That just doesn't translate to the Pro's. Lawerence should be a stud, Really Really like Wilson. Lance is not Carson Wentz, he is more athletic than Wentz was coming out of college. Wentz though was more pro ready. Trask and Jones are in that next group to me. Then Fiellds.

If they roll with Hurts they better be right. Otherwise its not just 2021 that we are throwing away is 2022 also. Then maybe by 2023 we can find a QB. Then that will take a year or two to develop. Its like a 5 year plan.
                          Manziel vs Brady..... way too much reliance on opinions and stats (not fair stats as each guy has total different set of circumstance)... tired of seeing draft rankings shot to hell, every year, at many many positions. In my opinion I would never ever base a pick this year on what MIGHT happen to players next year. Just me.

Comment

I personally think they might have something in Hurts. I don't want to see a QB early in this draft. Look, they put this coaching staff together with the primary focus being on fixing Wentz. The HC, the OC, and the QB coach were picked for that specific reason IMHO. The guy who is going to benefit from that now that Wentz is gone is Hurts. He's going to get coached up, big time. Doug wanted to go forward with him over Wentz, which probably played a role in his firing. I like the kid. He doesn't have the greatest arm, but he has a lot of intangibles, and he processes pretty quick from what I saw. I'll take that over the great arm. Jeff George had a great arm. It's not all about arm strength. As long as he can make the throws he needs to make. Wentz isn't a super accurate QB. Heck, Donovan certainly wasn't either. I'd rather roll with Hurts and use those draft picks to improve the team around him.

As far as Pitts is concerned, I'm warming to the idea. One thing is for sure, if there are 3 or 4 WRs in this draft that are moving around in the rankings prior to the draft, the Eagles will, undoubtedly, draft the worst one of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              ]I'd like to see them pick up Mariota for a backup.. He's a similar QB and and could run the same offense if Hursts goes down or flames out.
                              Yes sir
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X