No announcement yet.

We should consider a QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be OK with Josh Rosen. This kid is still just 26 I believe and has some tools. He has just never gotten a chance. He'd be the non-threatening veteran who has spent 4 years in a QB room that I'd bring in.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I like Rosen or Mariotta. Light could go on. Stay away from Haskins. A douche is a douche is a douche. Ron Rivera is a very good man, and if he cut Haskins we don’t need to revisit.

Although I am not sold on this year’s QB class, next year’s is worse. Also, no guarantee we are picking top 10 even if we suck, and we may just be good enough with Hurts to be mediocre.

So you have to rely on your scouts and GM - and that’s the core problem, isn’t it?
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I am not drafting a QB this year unless it is a later round flyer. The list provided is for 2022. I prefer to grab a vet with a similar skillset to Hurts, but it is going to have to be cheap with our cap space. I think Brissett may be a nice find and we would know a little about him. Much less costly; Tyrod Taylor is a guy that comes to mind. Mullens and Breathard did not play too poorly for SF but are not necessarily the vet presence we would look for. Colt McCoy is another guy that could be had on the cheap.

Comment

Where is Trask projected to go in the draft? Our QB coach certainly is familiar with him. I'd like to see:
          1. Hurts
          2. vet like Tyrod Taylor
          3. Trask
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I like Trask, but I also like Mond as a project and later round pick

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              ]I'd like to see them pick up Mariota for a backup.. He's a similar QB and and could run the same offense if Hursts goes down or flames out.
              This is an interesting option.

Comment

I guess I'd learn to accept a drafted QB, but I think they should roll with Hurts and get a vet to come in.
                Jason Avant was around the Eagles for all of the 2020 season and never saw Jalen Hurts with a backup mindset. By Dave Zangaro

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                  I guess I'd learn to accept a drafted QB, but I think they should roll with Hurts and get a vet to come in.
                  Ty Detmer never acted like a backup QB either Look I think its great that Hurts is out there trying his ass off. Willing your way to get better is never a bad thing. That said I just don't think he has enough talent to be a top 10 QB in this league.

Somebody ask about Trask, I think he is a second round pick this year. Oh somewhere around pick 5 or 6 Just kidding but seriously he or Mac Jones would be excellent picks in round 2. The issue is this. I see 3 QB going before us (Lawrence, Wilson and either Fields or Lance). Then you have Carolina, Maybe Denver, New England and Washington all needing QB's. So I don't think Trask gets to us in round 2. If he does I would not be surprised at all of they take him and have him compete with Hurts. Use number 6 for something else like an offensive or defensive lineman. Or trade back from 6 and accumulate more picks that Howie can take the wrong player with.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Ty Detmer never acted like a backup QB either Look I think its great that Hurts is out there trying his ass off. Willing your way to get better is never a bad thing. That said I just don't think he has enough talent to be a top 10 QB in this league.

Somebody ask about Trask, I think he is a second round pick this year. Oh somewhere around pick 5 or 6 Just kidding but seriously he or Mac Jones would be excellent picks in round 2. The issue is this. I see 3 QB going before us (Lawrence, Wilson and either Fields or Lance). Then you have Carolina, Maybe Denver, New England and Washington all needing QB's. So I don't think Trask gets to us in round 2. If he does I would not be surprised at all of they take him and have him compete with Hurts. Use number 6 for something else like an offensive or defensive lineman. Or trade back from 6 and accumulate more picks that Howie can take the wrong player with.
                    Re: Detmer. True, lol

Re: Trask. I could see that. It shouldnt be a surprise, after this Hurts thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      ]I'd like to see them pick up Mariota for a backup.. He's a similar QB and and could run the same offense if Hursts goes down or flames out.

Comment

I agree with Taz that Trask is a second rounder and makes sense for us if he makes it to 38. I disagree though on Hurts Taz. His floor to me is Dak Prescott if you put players around him. His ceiling could be ... dare I say... Donovan McNabb. I'd take that for 8-10 years. Hurts is a better foot athlete and his accuracy is similar to Donny's. He is NOT a big armed guy though. Still, I want to see what he can do with all the reps and players around him.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I am all on board getting behind Hurts and not drafting a QB early. I’d rather we add weapons and fill other holes and see what we have next season

I could get my head around Wilson at 6 or Mac Jones in round 2. I don’t want any others in between.

I like Davis Mills from Stanford with a 3rd or even late. He’d be a nice 3rd QB behind whatever vet we add as backup

other than that, I’m looking forward to Hurts proving naysayers wrong. Kid is a leader and damn hard worker. Doubters beware!

Comment

I think Wilson will be off the board as the 2nd QB taken. I can see fields going to Atlanta and allowing him to develop a few years. I would begin the buzz on us liking Jones and see if someone will trade up with us, allow us to move back and add more picks. I've read that Carolina is sold on Jones. I am avoiding anything from South Dakota on principal alone. We do not need a Washington QB issue with two capable young QB's. Bring in a good team guy that will also mentor. Maybe not Nick, but a guy like Nick. Ready to play, willing to sit and help the team improve while improving the locker room. Of course, for all this to happen we need a back up willing to take what we have under the cap and a hungry trade partner.

Comment

I am avoiding anything from South Dakota on principal alone I agree, not big on anything SD, but how would you feel about a QB from North Dakota. For the record I wouldn't go anywhere near Trey Lance. He may turn out great but he has one year under his belt as the QB of a team surrounded by outstanding players and coaches that know how to call the game for their team.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

I really have no clue why we are even considering taking a QB and at this point I think it sounds like a huge smokescreen to try and get a team to move up into our spot so we can accumulate more picks.

I'm seeing Devonte Smith sliding down boards now and I keep seeing that even though Kyle Pitts is an elite talent, players at that position normally don't command such a high pick.

My hope is the Birds are putting the QB stuff into the wind to try and convince teams we might take a QB so that teams either want to move in front of us to take a QB or they want to offer us value to get our pick.

If the Eagles could somehow get a team like Carolina, San Francisco or the Patriots to move up into 6 and the Eagles could slide back and then potentially get that teams second round pick I'd pull that trigger. I'd be more than OK with sliding back to:

8. Carolina - for Kyle Pitts
                                10. Dallas - for Pitts, Smith, or Surtain
                                12. San Francisco - for Smith or Surtain
                                15. New England - for Smith, Surtain or maybe Greg Rousseau

Now to move back to 12 or 15 it might cost that team more than a 2. And I'd also hate to let Dallas get to 6 and get an elite LT like Penei Sewell but to accumulate 5 picks in the first 80 in what appears to be a very rich talent pool and then maybe still get the guy you want at 8, 10, 12... that would be a huge win.

So until I hear a QB name called, I'm thinking this team is throwing the QB rumors into the wind and they plan to go with Hurts. It is absolute folly to think you can throw a top 10 QB out on the field with these skill players and give him any chance to succeed. Draft 2 good skill players in the first 3 rounds. Get a young center or interior lineman. Shoot deal Dillard to get another third round pick if you need to and let JM be the long term solution at LT.

Just saying... Hey we told you we are a QB factory so we are going to go back to the well would be the dumbest of dumb moves I've seen in professional sports. The town would literally riot if you are staring at Smith, Waddle, Pitts, and you reach for a kid like Mac Jones or even Justin Fields. And don't tell me that doesn't matter. This town is rough and will bury a kid if they think the front office was wrong to go that direction. We have seen it before.

Comment

Working...
                                X