Saturday Draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan
    So if Bradley doesn't work out, I'm all for blaming BP and his thread!!!

Comment

• Bush is a huge injury issue from what I know...

I like Tony Hunt...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• Hunt is going to carry on the tradition of recent PSU running backs

Obviously, the Eagles were playing it safe regarding the Bush injury.

Dammit.

Comment

• goodbye ryan moats.

i never watch college football, but hunt looks pretty good in the clips i'm watching now. runs nice and square.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

• Awww man.........

Are you telling me we had for picks on the first day and didn't pick ONE FUCKING DB?????????????? Jesus Christ, where's my TYLENOL!>!?!?!?!??!?!?!
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonard Tose
              bradley is big and slow
              Sometimes I think the Iggs could use a guy like this the way their rush defense looks at times.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Tony Hunt
                RB | (6'1", 233, 4.55) | PENN STATE

Scouts Grade: 71 Selected by: Philadelphia Eagles
                Round: 3
                Pick (Overall): 27(90)
                View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
                You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Possesses good size and is a powerful downhill runner. Runs with good pad level, is at best when he gets 20+ carries and can wear defenses down over the course of a game. Has excellent lower body strength, keeps legs driving and excels at picking up yards after initial contact. He is a tough, aggressive and competitive runner. Has shown good durability throughout his career. Shows good focus while the ball is in the air, rarely drops passes that should catch and can be a productive short-yardage receiver. He had his best two seasons as a junior and senior and continues to improve with more experience.

Weaknesses: Does not play as fast as his timed speed would indicate. He does not display a second-gear to run away from defenders in the NFL and he will struggle to consistently turn the corner as an outside runner. Lacks ideal lateral mobility and doesn't show great elusiveness in the open field. He is a solid underneath receiver but he's not much of a threat after the catch.

Overall: Hunt played in 10 games as a true freshman in 2003 and carried 34 times for 110 yards and one touchdown and caught two passes for zero yards. In 2004, Hunt played in all 11 games and made nine starts. He finished the year with 169 carries for 777 yards (4.6 average) and seven touchdowns, and caught 39 passes for 334 yards. Hunt again played in all 12 of Penn State's games in 2005, starting 11 contests. He complied 1,047 yards rushing on 174 carries (6.0 average) and six touchdowns, and caught 20 passes for 206 yards before injuring his ankle early in the Orange Bowl vs. Florida State. In 2006 Hunt started all 13 games and finished the season with 277 carries for 1,386 yards (5.0 average) and 11 touchdowns and also caught 27 passes for 259 yards and three touchdowns, garnering second team All-Big 10 honors (coaches and media).
                Hunt is a powerful back with good size and a tough, downhill style of running. He displays adequate hands as a receiver and has developed into an effective blocker in pass pro. While he is solid in most areas, Hunt lacks any one special quality. He has good timed speed for his size but does not display a second-gear as an open-field runner. He also fails to make defenders miss in space. In our opinion, Hunt has a chance to emerge as a decent starter in a power-run scheme at the next level, but it's more likely he levels off as a good backup. He had an excellent senior season, so his stock is on the rise. Expect Hunt to come off the board in the third round of a weak running back class in 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                  Awww man.........

Are you telling me we had for picks on the first day and didn't pick ONE FUCKING DB?????????????? Jesus Christ, where's my TYLENOL!>!?!?!?!??!?!?!
                  please, for the love of all that is holy, do not quote that stupid muthafucka

Comment

• This draft is for 4 players who won't ever make a pro bowl but will be nice backups.

So f'n dumb.

What kind of piss ass logic did we take into this draft? Worst draft in the REID Era by light years. Not even close.

I actually think I like the McDougle pick more than any of these 4 picks.

Good night. What a letdown.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• I am a PSU fan. But, I just don't see Hunt as making a good NFL back. Hope I am wrong.

Sorry about the cussing

Comment

• Where are the explosive, fast players in this Eagles draft? Did Modrak sneak into the draft room?

Wow. We went from liking fast, smallish LB's to taking 250 pounders who run 4.7. We went from liking RB's like Buck who when drafted ran a 4.4 at 220, to taking a RB who runs a 4.7.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                          Awww man.........

eagles threw you your bone a couple of years ago, what was that tall corner's name you loved so much? damn, have forgotten him already.
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

• Originally posted by JRJ
                            Where are the explosive, fast players in this Eagles draft? Did Modrak sneak into the draft room?

Wow. We went from liking fast, smallish LB's to taking 250 pounders who run 4.7. We went from liking RB's like Buck who when drafted ran a 4.4 at 220, to taking a RB who runs a 4.7.

hunt really runs a 4.7? geez, i'm just watching the clips, you can see he's never going to run away from an NFL DB, but a 4.7?

Comment

• Unfrickinbelievable! This day has been a complete waste and I agree with whoever said that the scouting staff needs to be drug tested.MAYBE Hunt helps out here but I see NOBODY else picked today that improves this Club.WTF?
                              Say Goodnight Gracie!
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

• Originally posted by JRJ
                                I can't wait to see Hunt tackled from behind by DT's.

Yeah he was a pass catching demon at PennState. Yawn...
                                As a PSU alum. This pick blows. Hunt is what you'd call "a nice college player".

0 for 4.

Helmet head being the funniest of all 4 picks.
                                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                                Playoff Appearances:
                                NFC Title Games:
                                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                                X