No announcement yet.

Saturday Draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was speaking of what they would contribute thier first year. THIS draft, I see NOONE that I expect to contribute this year. MAYBE Hunt.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I agree on Meriweather at #26

They had a chance on Leonard, but passed for Kolb...I think we need to admit they just did not like Leonard as much as some of us wantd them to...

I think Hunt is better...

Stewart I think will be a good LB pick...many of us wanted size at LB and he still can run 4.7 for a guy over 250 lbs...

Abiamiri I know almost nothing about, but games are won at the LOS and I think the Eagles replace J-Mac with this guy and we should be ready to roll at DE IMO...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• The Kolb pick set the tone, and everything else after is being viewed through the prism of that pick. I am somewhat comfortable with the Abiamiri and Bradley picks, as they make some sense. Hunt will work out, I believe. He is there for 3 yds and a cloud of dust. Wendling is still on the board I think at safety. Not sure if he will still be there when the Birds pick next.

There is more to be explained in the Kolb selection, IMO. This is not the end of the story as far as his arrival goes. The other shoe will drop.

Comment

• There is one absolute sure thing that comes from todays draft.

Kelly Holcomb will not make this roster. So, there is absolutely no reason for him to see any snaps at all as an Eagle in TC or Preaseason. AJ is number 2 and there is no way that Kolb is released or makes the practice squad.

Comment

• Hunt CAN'T be an NFL feature back. Bush, if healthy, could be a Pro Bowler.

Hunt is what he is-nothing exciting.

Comment

• Holcombe will not be here this year. He will be cut or traded.

Andy commented on AJ, talking about how much confidence he has in Feeley, and that he really likes him. Said NOTHING about Holcombe.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Pliny...LOL!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                  Pliny...LOL!!!!!
                  Timing is everything

Comment

• Speaking of which, some jackass called WIP to say that we would keep holcombe and put Kolb on the practice squad.... ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRJ
                      Hunt CAN'T be an NFL feature back. Bush, if healthy, could be a Pro Bowler.

My thoughts exactly JRJ. Bush had the potential for great things, in addition to being a short yardage guy earlier. The Eagles took the safe route.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                        Holcombe will not be here this year. He will be cut or traded.

Andy commented on AJ, talking about how much confidence he has in Feeley, and that he really likes him. Said NOTHING about Holcombe.
                        Holcombe was a byproduct of doing what we had to in order to get spikes, they may have always intended on trading him. Who knows?maybe he'll be part of a trade for a 4th rnd pick tomorrow.

Comment

• I wonder if Holcombe has any trade value. His salary is a little too high also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pliny
                            Originally posted by JRJ

My thoughts exactly JRJ. Bush had the potential for great things, in addition to being a short yardage guy earlier. The Eagles took the safe route.
                            He also has the potential to be an injury problem. I thought I heard he had a steel rod in his leg, maybe it's good to avoid him.
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman
                              Originally posted by Pliny
                              Originally posted by JRJ

He also has the potential to be an injury problem. I thought I heard he had a steel rod in his leg, maybe it's good to avoid him.
                              He had a steel rod in his leg and then they had to perform surgery to put a longer steel rod in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMK
                                Figures the long-demanded Big Running Back would be slammed as well.

Tony Hunt doesn't have top speed. He has everything else. He pass protects well. Picks up blitzes. Catches passes. Good in screens. Runs square and falls forward. Breaks tackles and drags tacklers. There's a lot more to being a running back than just running the ball, and Hunt already has a handle on all those little things. Maybe he's not a guy who can turn a 10 yard run into a 50 yarder. But we have a guy like that already. Hunt can turn 5 yard runs into 15 yarders. He'll fit great into the new power-running line introduced last year.
                                When I saw the Hunt pick, the first thing I thought was, "at least the 5 million fans who cried for YEARS for a "big" back will be happy." All of a sudden, they dissapeared and became fans of Ryan Moats. That's right, all these Hunt pick haters are telling me they still want Moats.

The Freak and Howard both have injury issues and are getting up there in age, so we get a proven big team DE to be a good rotational DE when these guys get hurt, and be ready to start in two years, yet nobody is happy over this pick??? A DE who is already 271 and has a frame for another 10 pounds is something we did not have last year. Abiamirri is the run stopper at RDE that we need.

Iggle fans cried all year about our LBers....McCoy is too small, JOnes is the worse SAM and Trotter has lost it. Gocong is a tweener, Gaithers is small in the middle and not as great at coverage, and Daniels is a backup. So, we have one proven starter who can play every down. Bringing in la inebacker who can play any position and who STOPS THE RUN AT SAM SHOULD BE A GOOD PICK FOR THE IGGLES.

I'm just as disappointed about a high pick used on a QB, but at least I haven't lost my sanity enough to think it means McNabb is done. I will say though, that this was clearly what EVERYONE ON HERE KNEW WE WERE GOING TO DO....take the best on the baord. We are good enough to do that, so they did it....and it actually sucked.
                                Pedro

Comment

Working...
                                X