Gotta love this quote from Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love this quote from Wentz

. "God has a plan. He has a perfect plan. I can argue with it sometimes, but it ain’t gonna get me anywhere.”

And this from Marcus Smith-"The only reason Howie Roseman hasn’t shot himself in the foot this offseason is that he ran out of bullets."
    Last edited by Eagle60; 03-18-2021, 05:52 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

it sounds as though contrary to my belief , Carson is a twat
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

God has a significant rooting interest in American football. He or she is a closet fan of the Patriots / Chiefs / Bucs and clearly decided to punish the Eagles for defying his / her will 3 years ago. He / she spoke to Clowney and told him to injure Wentz and forced Wentz to throw interceptions by changing air currents imperceptibly. He / she also applied strong downward pressure on Wentz’s arm forcing him to hold the ball too long, only to release that pressure suddenly and cause fumbles. Don’t mess with God.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

As a Christian, I understand where Carson is coming from.

As a sports fan, I really don't like it when athletes invoke God's will in the events or outcomes of a sport.

Could an all-knowing God impact the outcome of a single play, a game, or a season... yes absolutely. But why?

Bill McCartney, who was the coach at Colorado for many years, wrote a book about the Buffaloes championship season in the early 1990s and implied that every fumble was God's will or something to that effect. That is just utter hogwash to me. Sometimes, players fumble the ball and God doesn't really care now does He.

So to me I kind of understand the philosophy behind Carson's quote but it just seems extremely thin to me. It is like Reggie White, God rest his soul, who said God told him to go to Green Bay. Maybe it was the millions of dollars too though Reggie... huh.

My biggest takeaway from the Carson press conference was when he said after the Green Bay game he started to wonder if Philadelphia was the place for him. I gotta say my opinion of this guy has dropped monumentally in the past year. I thought really highly of the guy after he basically carried the team to the playoffs in the last month of 2019 and I thought it was just bad luck in the playoff loss to the Seahawks. I still think that but his lack of accountability for 2020 is just maddening.

CARSON... YOU PLAYED LIKE ABSOLUTE DOG CRAP FOR MOST OF 2020 OK.

Were there injuries... absolutely. Was there borderline NFL talent at some of the skill positions. Yes there was.

But you also made two dozen decisions, throws, plays, that were some of the worst I've ever seen at the position. You overthrew WRs. You missed open guys. You locked onto primary receivers or forced the ball to Zach Ertz.

YOU PLAYED LIKE ABSOLUTE CRAP CARSON FOR A GOOD PART OF THE SEASON AND FINALLY IN GREEN BAY DOUG HAD TO DO SOMETHING.

I really hope it works out for the guy. I hope Indianapolis and Reich can get the guy back to his 2017 level. But I doubt it is going to happen.

Something is wrong with this guy now. Something in his head is broken.

Maybe it always was and 2017 was the anomally.

I'm just glad he is not an Eagle anymore.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I am not a religious person, but completely agree with AW. Something to be said for “things happen for a reason” - this sort of sentiment helps us deal with disappointment and is often a helpful perspective. But too often it leads to fatalism or lack of accountability.

So ..... Carson, God did not make you have a terrible season. The fact that you took a benching like a fifth grade sissy means you are a fifth grade sissy rather than a leader of men. In the NFL, no position requires leadership qualities more than QB, and you sir have lost the team’s confidence. Mental fragility has no place in the NFL.

I too had tremendous respect for a person who put the team on his back to make the playoffs in 2019 and who stayed in the game to throw a TD pass after shredding his knee. If Carson rediscovers that person in Indy he will succeed. If he continues to look at places other than the mirror to explain his shortcomings he will not. Either way I am glad we have moved on.

Go Birds!

Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

A wise man once told me that "there's a blessin' and a lesson in these things that happen to you sometimes". Meditation and self-critique might help to discern which is which. Gotta look at self first before looking outside. It appears that Wentz either has examined his role in this and found it justified, or that he has seen what he needs to work on but hasn't verbalized it to the outside world. Moving forward, we'll just have to see...

Comment

I gave him all the respect in the world, thought he was tough, a leader and someone to hang your hat on. Right now I think nothing of him. Times got tough and he packed it in and reached for his binky. Fuck him
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

OMG fellas, don't you know when somebody is kidding?????
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                X