Give me some Nick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me some Nick

He isn't a starter and shouldn't be a threat to start over Hurts and certainly seems willing to sit back and jump in if needed. He is a capable backup who knows his way around Philly. The only thing I would say is Nick had strong religion and that brought him and Carson Wentz close. Not sure if Hurts has that or not.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

The only problem with Nick coming in is that the crowd would would be screaming for him every 3 and out.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Nooo. Thank you but no. First off, I think the Birds would have to restructure Nick’s contract and have a commitment longer than a year. Second, I couldn’t care less about Hurts being comfortable and not being threatened. Mariotta is the best option out there and won’t cost a lot. Get him and have an open competition at the QB position.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I want Nick back. We already have the statue.

what is this bullshit about the eagles pursuing d Watson? Gtfo with that. It’d be just our luck we trade for him and he gets suspended.

also everyone gets all giddy about Watson but he’s not Mahomes or even Russ wilson.

Comment

I agree. I like Watson but I want no part of him with the talent we have on offense right now. We need to draft some skill guys first and see if Hurts can play before going right to a QB.

In order to get Watson, you'd have to give up at least this year and next year's firsts plus the Colts pick and most likely a little more.

The talent level on this team won't allow that sort of investment in one player. Plus you have to pay him $40 million next year. We are kicking these contracts down the road this year and will use next year's much better cap number to get healthy cap-wise. Signing Watson ruins that strategy.

I'd add that the Texans don't really want to trade Watson nor do they plan to. According to my guy with the Denver Post, the owners of the Texans... the McNair family... are stubborn as hell and they have money to burn. They don't care about the product on the field as much as they care about standing up to Watson. He thinks the Texans are highly likely to either force a team to offer a King's Ransom for Watson or just let him sit out. If he sits out he gets nothing and would probably even have to pay back the signing bonus money plus he'd get fined.

My guess is Watson will play for the Texans again unless a team like the Jets gives the Texans 4 first round picks for him... and they just might.

Lastly, I do think the sexual assault stuff is likely made up. I think either the Texans are planting that story to make Watson uncomfortable in all this or another team is planting the story to drive his trade value down. You might say that sounds crazy but we see this in the draft all the time... Randy Moss and Warren Sapp were potheads a day before draft day. Or fake injuries were floated out there. The NFL is a dirty business and my guess is this is all fake news designed to manipulate Watson and a potential trade.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'd happily bring in Foles. He is a great locker room guy and has demonstrated to be a competent back up. My only concern is the mobility. I think the backup should have similar skills to the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
              I'd happily bring in Foles. He is a great locker room guy and has demonstrated to be a competent back up. My only concern is the mobility. I think the backup should have similar skills to the starter.

That's why I agree with fly and we should try to get Mariota. I would think that he and Hurts could run similar offenses. Plus I think that he's a pretty darn good QB.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X