Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles trade down????

link

Niners trade up for the #3 sending the #12 to Miami, who then uses the 12 to move up to the Eagles #6. Goodbye Chase, Goodbye Pitts. I am actually quite disappointed. I guess the thought may be that Smith may be available at 12?

The Eagles move back 6 spots, get the Dolphins 4th round pick this year and a 1st round pick next season
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

My biggest problem with this is that 12 isn’t Howie proof whereas 6 is. At 12 you may get Parsons, Russeau, one of top 2 CBs or potentially Smith, who could fall. Having at worst w 1s and 2 2s next year is nice (if we are drafting well). Eagles also moving up from 156 to 123 this year as part of trade. Good value for 6. So ya, I am good with throwing the last game to move up to 6.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        The Eagles move back 6 spots, get the Dolphins 4th round pick this year and a 1st round pick next season
        That seems like a good trade except for the fact that my dreams of a real difference maker on offense have been doused quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
          link

Niners trade up for the #3 sending the #12 to Miami, who then uses the 12 to move up to the Eagles #6. Goodbye Chase, Goodbye Pitts. I am actually quite disappointed. I guess the thought may be that Smith may be available at 12?
          Or the get a defensive player
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

You never know, maybe he uses the picks to move back up ?

Comment

Guess we trade #156 too

Comment

MM... that is what I think. I immediately called my buddy who covers the Broncos and asked him if that 9 spot would be for sale and he said yes. This is what we discussed.

1. - Jax Trevor Lawrence
                2. - Jets Zach Wilson
                3. - 49ers Lance or Fields... he thinks Lance
                4. - Falcons... no clue here but maybe Fields. I'll say Fields at this point.
                5. - Broncos Sewell or Slater... he thinks Slater is going to go ahead of Sewell so I'll say Slater
                6. - Dolphins - JaMarr Chase
                7. - Lions - Jaylen Waddle... he thinks Waddle is definitely going ahead of Smith now and they won't take Pitts because they drafted TE really high a few years ago
                8. Panthers - this pick could be had because they might want to move back and get Mac Jones. The Eagles could move back up into this spot here for their second round pick. But for the sake of argument here lets say the Panthers take Micah Parson
                9. - Denver - Kyle Pitts... but this would be another spot the Birds could move back up into and get another guy they might want here
                10. Dallas - Patrick Surtain although I think the Cowboys could also go OL here
                11. New York Giants - Penei Sewell
                12. Philly - The Eagles are staring at Rousseau, Horn, Fairley, and Devonta Smith here if think if they just stay here. But I really think they should talk to the Panthers about a swap here because this is a good Mac Jones spot for the Panthers and the Eagles could move back up and get Kyle Pitts.

Overall though... I really like the trade because I think they are still going to get an elite player here. Remember, in December people were talking about Devonta Smith like he was a top 5 pick and they might get him at 12. He is a freakish athlete. Like crazy good. Like Tyreek Hill type of speed and his catch radius is insane. And they now have an extra fourth and they get Miami's pick next year.

So think about that... we all know this is probably going to be a tough year for the Birds but you need to accomplish one thing. Figure out what you have in Jalen Hurts.

They are going to do that now and they are almost certainly going to be putting a lot of weapons around him.

And then next year they will almost certainly have 3 picks in the top 30.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Said all along I am okay at pick 12 and I like moving up into the 4th round. But I have no use for a first round pick next year. A year is a lifetime in the nfl and if I am a GM I am working to win today. Having said that I would’ve liked a second round pick this year along with another pick next year like a 3 or 4.
                  maybe they turn around and trade that one next year for something this year or use some of their lower picks to move a 3rd this year up into the second.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

This move is interesting. Wondering if they are gearing up for a run at Watson once his legal issues are cleared up? Long way till the draft so this move is puzzling to say the least. Value wise they got good value. I know all the love for guys like Pitts and Chase, but as I said before they were not taking at WR or TE that high. It was either a QB, DE or OT. Those are the top 3 positions on their chart. So they deal back to 12. Wouldn't be surprised if they did it again. This is a "tank" year. Also one other thing that nobody is talking about. This team is in cap hell. They don't have enough money at this point to even draft. So paying the 12th pick is less than paying the 6th pick.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I like a difference maker, but this team is a long way from 10+ wins and a playoff run. I prefer more bullets in the gun. We turned a top 6 pick into a top 12, top 20 next year, moved up 30 spots this year and added the 4th. The real question is how to Howie proof the picks and let the football guys do their job. I'm all for a LB, DB or DL.

Comment

Taz that is a great point on the cap ramifications and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them move back again. Totally agree with you there. If the Redskins or the Bears want to move into 12 because they try to catch Mac Jones sliding you could potentially land another first round pick in 2022 and still be in line to get a guy like Devonta Smith who could just start sliding and keep sliding because of concerns over his size. If the Bears were desperate maybe you could get their 20 this year, their second this year, and next year's first for the 12th pick.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                          Taz that is a great point on the cap ramifications and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them move back again. Totally agree with you there. If the Redskins or the Bears want to move into 12 because they try to catch Mac Jones sliding you could potentially land another first round pick in 2022 and still be in line to get a guy like Devonta Smith who could just start sliding and keep sliding because of concerns over his size. If the Bears were desperate maybe you could get their 20 this year, their second this year, and next year's first for the 12th pick.
                          Yep this is my thinking. I also think its not going to be an offensive player this year in round 1. There defense has zero young players that they can develop. They have to start getting younger there. I think trade back to 19 or 20 and take Asante Sameul JR. Shore up the other corner spot. Then in round 2 grab a LB, DE or DT.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Eagles are starting to build some nice future draft picks, which they seem to F'up anyway. As others have said, this year is a wash. Why not pickup additional future picks ?.

If the Eagles do decide to go WR, either Smith or Waddle should be available at 12, if not both. I am not sure that is a definite drop off from Chase. Chase sitting out last season makes me nervous anyway.

Nightmare situation is for Pitts to slide to #10 and goes to Dallas. Dallas needs a TE badly. That is pretty much all they need on offense (maybe OL). Cross your fingers that Pitts does not make it to 10. If he does, the Eagles need to trade up a bit to snag him. I don't want to have to face that guy for the next 10 years.

Comment

Pliny I don't think there is any way the Cowboys take Pitts. If Pitts somehow slides past 9 I think there is an excellent chance he makes it to 12. Because the Cowboys and Giants both need OL and defensive help. The Cowboys would run to the front to take Surtain or Sewell in my mind. And the Giants would love to take Sewell or an elite LB.

Comment

Working...
                              X