Tommy Togiai DT Ohio State

RD 4 #123
    Quinn Meinerz G Wisconsin-Whitewater

RD 5 #150
    Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M

RD 6 #189
    Tommy Trimble TE Notre Dame

Shaka Toney Edge Penn State

Brennan Eagles WR Texas (just because of name )

RD 7 #234
    Earnest Brown IV DE Northwestern

Jordan Scott DT Oregon
    Last edited by musicman; 04-01-2021, 03:30 PM.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Would not be a bit surprised to see them go heavy heavy defense at all MM. And then use next year's bevy of first round picks to go another direction. I think they are OLD and lack talent on defense and know it. I think they aren't quite sure what they have at WR and feel like they have some young OL that can play and would like to see if Hurts at QB changes that dynamic.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

You've gotta love Parsons.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I want to post highlights on each pick later
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think that would be a great draft. I like LB/CB early adn have been a proponent of Mond. Kid played at a high level for several years.

Comment

I heard the guy from the Draft Bible on with Jody Mac, and he was cryptic as hell on Parsons. Said something to the effect of “nobody knows but nfl teams know ..., someone sitting on a story ... if it gets out Parsons will fall out of first round entirely”. Soooo .... I have no idea what he is talking about and think you either say it or you don’t. He didn’t say it but threw up a red flag anyway. I hesitate even to post this here but I am certainly not divulging new information the teams don’t have. All I know is there seems to be something around Parsons. One way or another I hope he gets a chance to address it and clear the air .... if there is even air to be cleared. Certainly would be nice to have a stud LB for a change.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Parsons has certainly slipped in the consensus mock draft database over time. Back in December, most mock drafts had him going 4th. Perhaps, just perhaps, there is nothing to the bad news about Parsons and that might allow him to slip to the Eagles at 12. Howie and Co are due when it comes to getting a special player through the draft. Hell, even a blind squirrel......

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com.../micah-parsons

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                Parsons has certainly slipped in the consensus mock draft database over time. Back in December, most mock drafts had him going 4th. Perhaps, just perhaps, there is nothing to the bad news about Parsons and that might allow him to slip to the Eagles at 12. Howie and Co are due when it comes to getting a special player through the draft. Hell, even a blind squirrel......

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com.../micah-parsons
                I've read something about him, but I'm not sure if this is what this guy's intimating...

According to an ESPN report, James Franklin told a former player not to report a fight with a star linebacker to police. According to documents filed by Isaiah Humphries, he and Micah Parsons fought involving punching, choking and a knife in March 2018.

ESPN reporter John Barr states in the report: “The accusation by now-former Nittany Lions defensive back Isaiah Humphries is contained in a draft report that was part of a 2019 Title IX inquiry into sexual assault allegations in the Penn State locker room. The document sheds new light on the allegations that became public when Humphries sued the school early this year. The report, which does not include conclusions by investigators, contains interviews with dozens of football players, coaches and staff.”

Comment

Same stuff...

Finally, there are some character concerns with Parsons. His name was mentioned amongst four in a lawsuit against the university by a former player who alleges serious hazing accusations, including sexual assault. The same player alleged that he and Parsons got in a fight that involved punching, choking and a knife being pulled back in 2018. While these remain just accusations at this point, it’s serious enough to require some thorough investigation by any team thinking about drafting him.

Because of the unclear nature of Parsons’ personal conduct at Penn State, I can’t say for sure if I’d be comfortable drafting him with the seventh overall pick. Talent-wise, I think he’s got it. I’m also not that concerned about positional value, since Parsons is so clearly a three-down linebacker that can rush the passer or drop into coverage. But it’s clear this regime values character extremely highly, so Parsons will need to be vetted thoroughly before taking a big swing at him.
                  Parsons may be the best defensive player in this year’s class, but he comes with plenty of questions.

Comment

Parsons was never formally charged with any crime relating to the alleged incident, and Penn State was also cleared of any criminal wrongdoing. Nevertheless, certain draft experts have pointed to the allegations made by former PSU defensive back Isaiah Humphries as the sole reason for dropping Parson’s stock from a top-10 pick to later in the first round.

Following his Pro Day performance, Parsons was asked about NFL teams possibly having concerns about his character. The 21-year-old father of a young son admitted to making mistakes — though not specifically with regard to the hazing allegation — but said he’s learned from them.
                    The former Nittany Lion All-American linebacker said he has learned and grown from mistakes he has made

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I hope he's better than his Dad. Alan Parsons was quite a project!!!
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        ... Alan Parsons was quite a project!!!
                        Well played. Music to my ears.
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Been playing with the ProFootballNetwork mock draft simulator and came away with this. I rejected all trades and did not propose any of my own:

12. Kyle Pitts TE Florida
                          37. Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky
                          70. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
                          84. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
                          123. James Hudson OT Cincinnati
                          150. Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
                          189. Derrick Barnes LB Purdue
                          224. Israel Mukuamu S South Carolina
                          225. Chris Evans RB Michigan
                          234. Ian Book QB Notre Dame
                          240. Evan McPherson K Florida
                          37. Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
                          70. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
                          84. Trey Sermon RB Ohio State
                          123. James Hudson OT Cincinnati
                          150. Divine Deablo S Virginia Tech
                          189. Feleipe Franks QB Arkansas
                          224. Brennan Eagles WR Texas
                          225. Dan Moore OT Texas A&M
                          234. Malik Herring EDGE Georgia
                          240. Evan McPherson K Florida

Comment

Another one with no trades...and Pitts keeps falling to 12...

37.Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU
                            70.Tyson Campbell CB Georgia
                            84.Trey Sermon RB Ohio State
                            123.Derrick Barnes LB Purdue
                            150.Damar Hamlin S Pittsburgh
                            189.Feleipe Franks QB Arkansas
                            224.Israel Mukuamu S South Carolina
                            225.Jonathan Marshall DT Arkansas
                            234.Malik Herring EDGE Georgia
                            240.Josh Ball OT Marshall

Comment

Thanks thoughtprocess. Just looking about I would say you would score if you can get Hudson at 123. I think he may go in top 100. C is an interesting case. There are a few like Meinerz or Jackson or Myers in that 123 to 150 pick area. But they have Seamalu so maybe they wait and can get Trey Hill GA or Michal Menet Penn St with pick 224 or 225. If the first four are Pitts, Farley, Moses, and Sermon I think they are hitting on all cylinders. Don't know much about the QB Franks from Ark and Book from ND wouldn't be a good pick IMM but Mond TX A&M or Mills from Stan should be there around pick 123 unless teams get QB scared and draft them above their grade. I can't see them taking two LBs but if they don't get Parsons or Moses there should be some talent around pick 123 or 150 with Cox (might be too late though) or Browning, or Werner or McGrone. Or maybe even Davis out of Kent will be there since he doesn't have much of a resume from what I've read
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X