Eagles sign Eric Wilson LB from the Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles sign Eric Wilson LB from the Vikings

1yr deal for up to 3.5 million. 122 Tackles and 3 INTS for Minnesota last year. I like this signing.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Yea he is better than what they have I believe although it tells me they continue to not value the position as much as I would like even with the coaching staff change. It lessens the chances of them targeting someone like Dylan Moses IMM.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

They need 3 linebackers. Wilson is still young only 26. I think they will sign him to a longer term contract once they can. Right now they just don't have the cap money

Comment

They are filling holes so they can stick to BPA in draft .
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

There's a degree of familiarity between Gannon and Vikes guys like Wilson and Harris. They will help expedite the implementation of Gannon's scheme

Comment

I don't think this means no Parsons. If Gannon values LBs he will push hard for Parsons. I'm all in on Surtain at 12 now though. He is a lockdown corner for 7-10 years.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              They are filling holes so they can stick to BPA in draft .
              They still have quite a few holes. But I would always go BPA. Now the definition of BPA is up for interruption. Like last year they said Reagor was the BPA, which is bullshit we all knew Jefferson was the BPA.

I see 4 QB's gone before 12, 3 wr's gone before 12, 1 offensive lineman, 1 defensive lineman (Paye) That leaves 3 other players. I think at least of those is a cb. the other could be Parsons, could be a surprise like Barmore, At 12 we should still get a very good player. Parsons, Horn, Surtain, Waddle, Sewell one of those should be there. Any of those is a pick that is BPA and fills a need

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

They still have quite a few holes. But I would always go BPA. Now the definition of BPA is up for interruption. Like last year they said Reagor was the BPA, which is bullshit we all knew Jefferson was the BPA.

I see 4 QB's gone before 12, 3 wr's gone before 12, 1 offensive lineman, 1 defensive lineman (Paye) That leaves 3 other players. I think at least of those is a cb. the other could be Parsons, could be a surprise like Barmore, At 12 we should still get a very good player. Parsons, Horn, Surtain, Waddle, Sewell one of those should be there. Any of those is a pick that is BPA and fills a need
                Don't forget who's pulling the trigger. He'll find the dud in that group.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Don't forget who's pulling the trigger. He'll find the dud in that group.
                  No doubt.

Comment

a guy I work with said his kid went to a few football camps with Parsons. Despite the talent, they said he acted like a total douche and only did what he wanted during drills. I know it was when he was in HS, but hearing about potential troubles at PSU , maybe there are some red flags. I love the ability though
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      a guy I work with said his kid went to a few football camps with Parsons. Despite the talent, they said he acted like a total douche and only did what he wanted during drills. I know it was when he was in HS, but hearing about potential troubles at PSU , maybe there are some red flags. I love the ability though
                      That sounds a lot like Lawrence Taylor. I rember going to see the Giants at traing camp and he was a pain in the ass. It takes special coaches to handle those types. You have to decide if you want the headaches that comes along with the talent or a guy like Cox who can kick his ass if need be. I'm sure at PSU nobody on the team would mess with him.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                      X