Eagles bring back Jordan Howard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles bring back Jordan Howard

In the 2nd move of the day the Eagles have resigned Jordan Howard. I like bringing him back. Not sure what he has left in the tank but he is a good vet presence. Plus he still is only 26
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I like it. This fills a big need as a role player.

Comment

I like it too, but with a caveat: so...does this reduce the need for a bruiser-type RB to be drafted? IMO if there's a good one available they should still select him and let the draft pick & Howard battle it out

Comment

This may give them the option of not having to draft someone if they can't find the guy they want. As for the move.......As noted Howard is only 26 so he may have something in the tank but he is also a guy who bounces around so he will be a limited play guy not a guy who you can count on to make regular contributions. If he does that will be a plus in my mind. Hopefully the coaches and Howie are reading his potential properly
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

This signing makes absolutely no friggin sense to me at all. None... zero... zilch. If you want this guy draft the Rhamondre Stevenson kid from Oklahoma in the fourth or fifth round. Why sign this guy. He is shot and basically a stiff at this point.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            This signing makes absolutely no friggin sense to me at all. None... zero... zilch. If you want this guy draft the Rhamondre Stevenson kid from Oklahoma in the fourth or fifth round. Why sign this guy. He is shot and basically a stiff at this point.
            maybe you don't get what you want in the draft or UFA market, you have a low risk, high reward guy in place. If you draft someone better, Howard heads down the pike.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

What kind of contract did he sign?
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                What kind of contract did he sign?
                I believe a one-year deal. Minimum? Not sure

Comment

I hear ya MM but I just don’t want any retreads. I want new blood.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    I hear ya MM but I just don’t want any retreads. I want new blood.
                    It doesn't cost them much and he could make the team. What's the problem AW, they can always cut him?
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                    X