Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid vaccinations are a still huge deal this season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid vaccinations are a still huge deal this season.

Teams who have reached the 85% threshold will essentially be able to operate in pre-pandemic conditions. Teams that fall below will be hit with restrictions similar to those in place for all teams last year, placing them at a competitive disadvantage.

NFL players who decide not to receive the vaccination must undergo the COVID test every day. They will also be required to wear facial coverings while in the team facilities and during travel. While at club facilities, NFL players who are not vaccinated must maintain a social distance of six feet.

If players who are not vaccinated become exposed to COVID, they're required to quarantine. They will also have the same travel restrictions from the 2020 season. When it comes to working out in the weight room for non-vaccinated players, there's a capacity limit of 15 players.

Players who decide not to receive the vaccination must distance themselves from the meal rooms. They're required to have a grab-and-go meal and cannot eat inside the teams' cafeteria. Players that are not fully vaccinated cannot use the sauna or steam room. The players are also required to stay inside the team hotel and cannot leave to eat in restaurants, and cannot interact with anyone outside of the team traveling party during the team travel.

The NFL may be leaving the decision to get vaccinated up to the players, but the restrictions are almost like pushing players to get themselves inoculated. It will be interesting to see how many players change their minds about the vaccination throughout training camp and the preseason.

More--Tom Pelissero on Twitter: "The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to updated COVID-19 protocols for 2021 training camp and preseason, per source. How different will life by for vaccinated and unvaccinated players? From the memo that just went to clubs: https://t.co/8yMPW0JBWZ" / Twitter
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

There are a couple teams below 50% (WFT is one I think) and there are also 5-6 above the threshold. The Eagles aren't in either bucket, hopefully they'll be able to reach 85% compliance.

Comment

it's mind boggling. Individuals filled will all sorts of BS reasons why not to get vaccinated. Outside of severe sickness, I just don't understand the hesitance

other than the me me me culture we live in currently.

Thank God I live in a state over 80% vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
        There are a couple teams below 50% (WFT is one I think) and there are also 5-6 above the threshold. The Eagles aren't in either bucket, hopefully they'll be able to reach 85% compliance.
        Pretty stupid if they don't. Rooks would be cutting their own throats.

Comment

oh and Cole Beasley. Fuck you, retire and hang out by yourself. It's one thing to take a stand. Another to do it publicly and say you're shocked people don't support you

"I wanna live my life" ya whatever bud, we all do. and unfortunately we count all everyone

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
            it's mind boggling. Individuals filled will all sorts of BS reasons why not to get vaccinated. Outside of severe sickness, I just don't understand the hesitance

Are you guys in NH a state? I thought that you had your own universe.

Comment

smartest motherfuckers in the country Popper. well, anyone south of Concord anyway. we've got some hillbillies up north

Comment

I'd say the absence of long term clinical trials, lack of FDA approval, and sensoring of certain information by tech companies aren't necessarily BS reasons. But, this is not the place for that discussion IMO.

Comment

I'm sure it will get moved eventually EB. I understand your point but those who lost family members to polio were not too concerned about long term trials when the vaccine came out. They wanted to be vaccinated so there would be no more suffering. Same with those that lost close family members to Covid.
                  When I was in the AF and when I worked for the HP people would come up regularly and say freedom isn't free. All those who see themselves as great Americans singing along with Lee Greenwood. Well freedom isn't free and maybe the price of freedom to play football or fly or whatever it is that you want to do is that you wear a mask or you get vaccinated. All those who say they are losing their freedom by wearing a mask or getting vaccinated are perfectly free to sit in their house and watch TV.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    I'm sure it will get moved eventually EB. I understand your point but those who lost family members to polio were not too concerned about long term trials when the vaccine came out. They wanted to be vaccinated so there would be no more suffering. Same with those that lost close family members to Covid.
                    When I was in the AF and when I worked for the HP people would come up regularly and say freedom isn't free. All those who see themselves as great Americans singing along with Lee Greenwood. Well freedom isn't free and maybe the price of freedom to play football or fly or whatever it is that you want to do is that you wear a mask or you get vaccinated. All those who say they are losing their freedom by wearing a mask or getting vaccinated are perfectly free to sit in their house and watch TV.
                    I'm not anti-vax. I just don't think people are being hesitant for bullshit reasons. I see both sides, and I don't think it's anti-American to refuse it. Especially if you're in the low risk category.

Comment

It is going to be an interesting season. I think we will have more empty stadiums than people are thinking; especially where we ae seeing the huge spikes in numbers. There will be cancelled games and games decided like the Broncos game last year. I can also see games where vaccination cards are required. I hate for it to compromise the seasons, but I do believe there will be a few games that are hurt.

Comment

I agree with that EB. One of my sons thinks there isn’t enough known and isn’t getting the vaccine. I don’t think that is bull. But out here you hear a lot of people talking about taking away their freedom at the same time spouting freedom isn’t free. Can’t have it both ways IMM
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

It is the law to get vaccinated for smallpox and that seems to have worked out pretty well.

Comment

NFL made their stance clear today. So have many Colleges and Universities

good for both

now retire Mr Beasley. Don’t let that door hit and hurt you. Though there may not be enough studies on what those doors can do

Comment

NFL made their stance clear today. So have many Colleges and Universities

good for both

now retire Mr Beasley. Don’t let that door hit and hurt you. Though there may not be enough studies on what those doors can do
                              Fort the record I think the rule is BS in the league or anywhere else for that matter?. If somebody is dumb enough not to get a shot he's on his own. Why turn the league and country upside down for these people?
                              Last edited by Eagle60; 07-23-2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X