Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then There’s This

If the season ended today we would have 3 top 10 picks, 4,8 and 9
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

And if that were the case I would trade back with pick 9 to pick 15-18 or so and get more picks.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      And if that were the case I would trade back with pick 9 to pick 15-18 or so and get more picks.
      I'd grab top talent ND. Who knows, maybe Whoie would even hit on one of the three.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

If you can’t hit on top talent at pick 18 you shouldn’t be drafting. There are just as many misses at 9 as there are at 18. I’ll take the extra first round pick in 2023 and other picks they would get
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

If you can’t hit on top talent at pick 18 you shouldn’t be drafting.
          There are just as many misses at 9 as there are at 18. I’ll take the extra first round pick in 2023 and other picks they would get
          Bingo! He can't

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            If the season ended today we would have 3 top 10 picks, 4,8 and 9
            How would S Kyle Hamilton, CB Kaiir Elam and DE Karlaftis sound...? All defense...? I'd like that, but could understand grabbing another OL. Trading back with the last of those picks might be the move to make.

Comment

If there is a shut down corner, a legit 10-15 sack DE ( not a hard working, gets close to the QB guy) and a 10 year T available, I shoot the wad and draft with each pick.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't want to sound harsh ND but I'd kill for a top 10 pick never mind 3 of them! Even Whoie couldn't screw that up. If you aren't a moron you'll get at least 1 Pro bowler. There's so much ammo there you can do whatever you want to. Unfortunately I think that we'll be drafting a QB with them but man I hope I'm wrong!

Comment

I’d use all 3 of them on defense and try and create the best front 7 in the league.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    I’d use all 3 of them on defense and try and create the best front 7 in the league.
                    You could build a team back pretty quickly using your first 3 plus your own 2 & 3 because those would be very early picks. You should be able to get 5 starters with 1 or 2 eventual Pro Bowlers. WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

You could build a team back pretty quickly using your first 3 plus your own 2 & 3 because those would be very early picks. You should be able to get 5 starters with 1 or 2 eventual Pro Bowlers. WOW!
                      but, we are fans of the Eagles

Comment

I hear you 60 but fans would be spewing down their leg if we had pick 15 19 and 26 also. You can have two top ten picks and one in the teens plus an extra first in 2023 and extra second this year if you trade back a few picks. All moot until the season ends but you can get the same three pro bowlers and extra picks if you are any good at the draft
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

I think the likelihood Howie doesn’t use the picks is slim. Jeffrey loves him but Jeff is also able to read the room. If Howie doesn’t hit on next years draft with players and the Birds suck again next year Howie may finally be gone. I give Howie a pass on the Wentz stuff. Who could have predicted Wentz would tank like he did? I’m actually anxious to watch Monday night and see if Wentz is still struggling. I hope he plays well. I want the Colts first rounder.

my point is Howie needs to MAKE THOSE PICKS. Not trade them. Jeffrey, Howie, and Nick need players next year that impact the team immediately and that’s what high picks do.

unless someone blows them away with an offer that the fans can see was a cant refuse deal the Birds need to make those picks.
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                            I think the likelihood Howie doesn’t use the picks is slim. Jeffrey loves him but Jeff is also able to read the room. If Howie doesn’t hit on next years draft with players and the Birds suck again next year Howie may finally be gone. I give Howie a pass on the Wentz stuff. Who could have predicted Wentz would tank like he did? I’m actually anxious to watch Monday night and see if Wentz is still struggling. I hope he plays well. I want the Colts first rounder.

my point is Howie needs to MAKE THOSE PICKS. Not trade them. Jeffrey, Howie, and Nick need players next year that impact the team immediately and that’s what high picks do.

unless someone blows them away with an offer that the fans can see was a cant refuse deal the Birds need to make those picks.
                            Totally agree AW. The sad thing though is that Luri, not Whoie was the guy who insisted on drafting Wentz (for which I will be eternally grateful!). Owners should not be the one making those types of decisions. Whoie did do some fantastic engineering to get him though and that's why Luri keeps him around. Kraft's insisting on the Patriots draft a wr named Terry Glenn (who basically bombed out of the NFL) years ago caused Parcels to resign years ago with his famous quote "if you hire someone to cook the soup you should let him pick the ingredients). Same thing when Tennessee's owner made Fisher pick Vince Young over Fisher's protests years ago. Good owners stay out of things while Luri continues to get more involved with decisions.

The thing is that Whoie couldn't stand to keep those picks as he is addicted to wheeling and dealing. Again, such a sad conversation to have so early in the season.

Comment

Working...
                            X