Eagles Vs Carolina instant reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Vs Carolina instant reaction

Wlow can't believe they won that game. In the grand scheme of things it was a game that two poor teams played. Both teams really are not very good. Don't care about Carolina record they just are not very good.

1. Hurts - Up until the last two drives just a terrible game. Missed throws, poor reads, missed guys that were open. then all of a sudden they hit that throw to Watkins and he woke up. Hopefully this is just part of his growing pains. Overall he had a decent game at the end. I would give him a C if I graded things.

2. Miles Sanders should not be the starting RB on this team anymore. He just doesn't fit in this offense. I think that is why they took Gainwell, he is a quick cut and go guy that can really catch the ball. Sanders maybe the surprise guy who gets dealt at the deadline.

3. The offensive line was up and down today. I thought Dillard played well. Kelce made the block that one them the game but also had a bad snap. The guards gave up to much pressure Mailata got schooled on two consecutive plays but then played ok. Tough spot for him

4. Big play Slay. Helluva game out of a guy who has played really well this year. Finally has some INT's to go with it. In fact all of the corners played well. I Darnold only threw for 160yrd with 3 ints and a TD.

5. This team is really struggling to stop the run. It has to be the technique/scheme because basically the same guys were not this bad last year.

6. Why are we not using Dallas Goedert more? They seem to have him blocking all the time

7. Specials teams had a pretty darn good day. Nice blocked punt (after having one of there blocked). finally a good return from Reagor on a punt. Plus a Big Leg 58yrd field goal.

8. Gannon was a little more aggressive today. Not enough in my book but was more aggressive. I give him credit for trying to switch things up.

9. Way too many penalties once again. Another Td taken off the board on what was a legit penalty. Its not always called but it was legit. The Eagles will not be able to get away with anything going forward. They are labeled as a penalty commiting team and the refs just look even closer at it.

10. Nick has to stop so many passes behind the line. I mean teams have figured it out. Its the same motion play every time.

Overall its a win and its better than a loss. I personally think this could be something to springboard this team to starting to play better and be more competitive going forward. Not sure they are going to win more than 6 games but I think we are going to start to see progress. First 3 quarters didn't show us that today but quarter 4 did.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Dillard should play LG now. Can he do that? If not, kick JM to LG and let Dillard play LT. At least this year. He played well and he is raising his trade value.

devonta smith is legit. Bad fumble but that was a great strip.

agree on Sanders. I’ve seen enough. Something just is not right. He doesn’t fit.

Hurts needs to keep it more. And the Eagles HAVE TO run it more.

Jake had a great game.

lastly guys MIAMI lost again. We might have the top pick. They look terrible.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I am in the process of watching the game for the first time, but….
      we need to throw downfield a bit , those short swing passes are being covered.
      Dickerson is getting better each week, remember he hasn’t had much practice.
      The D had some good moments today.
      The entire team including the staff is a work in progress. I am not giving up on them yet
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Thought Avery and Taylor had nice games
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

5. This team is really struggling to stop the run. It has to be the technique/scheme because basically the same guys were not this bad last year.

9. Way too many penalties once again. Another Td taken off the board on what was a legit penalty. Its not always called but it was legit. The Eagles will not be able to get away with anything going forward. They are labeled as a penalty commiting team and the refs just look even closer at it.

10. Nick has to stop so many passes behind the line. I mean teams have figured it out. Its the same motion play every time.
          #5 I believe that Schwartz used to sell out to stop the run often, which is why our secondary was always getting drilled. Gannon seems to be more concerned with the passing plays (deep) and the run now is more of a problem. At least he changed things up a bit today with the safety's. The D has looked good overall in 3 games and awful in 2 of them.

#9 Yep. This is a huge problem and indeed they are now going to be watched closely, especially on those possible pick plays with a rookie coach.

#10 Heck. Nick needs to just stop passing as much period. But yeah, I really don't like the behind the LOS passes either. When they fail, it is like a small sack.

Reagor still bothers me, even with the good return today. Sometimes I wonder about his decision making.

Comment

Would like to add that Hurts scored the winning TD because the defense had seen us actually hand the football to a RB. It’s kinda funny that the RPO works when it isn’t just a PO.

Comment

Mail sty’s was absolutely horrible at right tackle. I haven’t been able to keep up with the team because my computer is in the shop and I’m on my cell phone now but I can’t believe that they didn’t put in Driscoll at right tackle if he was healthy.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X