Maybe my #1 gripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe my #1 gripe

I believe coaches can put players in a position to succeed. Sirianni on the other hand says he has to put players in a position to succeed but takes a young QB with young WRs and goes out to throw the ball every damn play. I don't believe the Hurts can read a D very well yet as I don't recall seeing him under center once. That combo of a QB who doesn't yet read a D well yet is asked to throw the ball every play is one reason I am not ready to say Hurts can't improve. I guess I see the result on Sundays (or bad Mondays and Thursdays) but we don't have access to the training he is getting. It looks to me like we have a coach who just throws his offense out there and says okay guys go play; just hike the ball and get open. The game hasn't slowed down for Hurts, he is running scared and his coach isn't putting him in a position to succeed
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I kinda agree, but we need to understand the entire coaching staff other than the line coaches are greenhorns. We need to allow them a learning curve. They have gone against some good , veteran coaches and hopefully they are learning on the fly. If you take away the couple handfuls of veteran players, the entire team is in their first 3 years in the league. We have a lot to look forward to in the future including a schedule that turns in their favor . The growth potential is there and we have seen small glimpses of success. We also have the return to health of the line to look forward to.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

While I believe that Sirianni and Gannon are over their heads right now, I could see them getting things figured out eventually. They are both young, bright and competitive. But, it sure does make it hard to watch the games sometimes, when you see no running plays and a defensive scheme almost playing prevent against maybe the GOAT QB and Mahomes the week before.

The team looks soft without a running game.

And, I have always hated the soft "death by a thousand cuts" defensive schemes, waiting for the offense to make a mistake. I realize that you can't blitz all the time. But, you can't roll out the same scheme every play when you are getting sliced up underneath. I stopped watching both of the last 2 games at halftime, because I just couldn't take it anymore.

Comment

I fully agree the staff is young. But running the ball is a philosophy. Sirianni shows a complete disregard for it while at the same time saying he is putting the QB in the best position
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          I believe coaches can put players in a position to succeed. Sirianni on the other hand says he has to put players in a position to succeed but takes a young QB with young WRs and goes out to throw the ball every damn play. I don't believe the Hurts can read a D very well yet as I don't recall seeing him under center once. That combo of a QB who doesn't yet read a D well yet is asked to throw the ball every play is one reason I am not ready to say Hurts can't improve. I guess I see the result on Sundays (or bad Mondays and Thursdays) but we don't have access to the training he is getting. It looks to me like we have a coach who just throws his offense out there and says okay guys go play; just hike the ball and get open. The game hasn't slowed down for Hurts, he is running scared and his coach isn't putting him in a position to succeed
          I guess you’re not happy because Sirianni throws to a standstill pass to a wide receiver every third play.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

My #1 gripe is this, and it drives me nuts: The Eagles have given up the most opening drive points in the league. Yet they continue to defer if they win the opening toss. They won the toss, deferred to Tampa Bay, and put the ball in Brady's hands to start the game. Sure enough, the Bucs come out, march right down the field and score a TD. Hey, I get the idea of deferring so you get the ball to start the second half. But, part of that involves getting a stop on defense so you don't immediately fall behind, something the Eagles defense is the worst in the entire league at doing. I find myself rooting for the other team to win the freaking coin toss. Just take the damned ball already.

Comment

This group of coaches it’s a glorified high school staff. It’s disgusting what Whoie has done here. What an asshole.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X