X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man it pains me to say this but

Dak is one of the best passers in the NFL
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

And a 4th round pick. Just like Brady was. The Cowboys really wanted Paxton Lynch, but the Broncos picked him up. So, they kind of got lucky. Had they been able to get Lynch in 2016, they would not have Dak.

I honestly don't think there is going to be a QB coming out of this years draft that is going to be worth a top 10 pick. My fear is that the Eagles are going to reach for a QB with having 3 first round picks next year. There may be a good QB come out of this class. But, I don't see any worth a top 10 pick at this point.

Look at guys like Spencer Rattler. Before the season, he was expected to be a top 10 NFL QB in the next draft. Now, he has been demoted and is backing up a freshman. Malik Wallis is good, but not worth a top pick. And, LIberty plays a super weak schedule. Some think Matt Corral could be top 10. But, he is too inconsistent.

Comment

thought Brady was a 6th rd pick
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
        And a 4th round pick. Just like Brady was. The Cowboys really wanted Paxton Lynch, but the Broncos picked him up. So, they kind of got lucky. Had they been able to get Lynch in 2016, they would not have Dak.

I honestly don't think there is going to be a QB coming out of this years draft that is going to be worth a top 10 pick. My fear is that the Eagles are going to reach for a QB with having 3 first round picks next year. There may be a good QB come out of this class. But, I don't see any worth a top 10 pick at this point.

Look at guys like Spencer Rattler. Before the season, he was expected to be a top 10 NFL QB in the next draft. Now, he has been demoted and is backing up a freshman. Malik Wallis is good, but not worth a top pick. And, LIberty plays a super weak schedule. Some think Matt Corral could be top 10. But, he is too inconsistent.
        I’m thinking maybe they trade one of their number two pics and a three to get a one in 23. Is that feasible? That way we could Still build the team and have two number ones the following year to try to get a quarterback.

Comment

More likely they drop back 5 or 6 picks in the first this year to get their extra first in 23; especially if they have three picks in the top 10 or 12
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            thought Brady was a 6th rd pick
            That's right. My mistake.

Comment

They should keep the highest of the three firsts and trade the other two for a second this year and a first next year. That gives us a top 10 (possibly top 5) 1st round pick and three 2nd rounders this year for a QB flyer and 3 second rounders to help the defense, and preserves the 3 firsts for a top QB next year.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Just gotta do our due diligence, Mac Jones is looking Bradyesque, not a lot of picks required to get him. Run Minishew out there if Hurts isn’t your guy, use each and every pick to draft young, studly players and let them grow together.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm all for running Minshew out there and see if he looks any different. Zac is real deal, but he has some amazing tools around him Two running backs that may be better than any we have, solid and healthy line and 2-3 WR that would be better than any of what we have. Sum of the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                    I'm all for running Minshew out there and see if he looks any different. Zac is real deal, but he has some amazing tools around him Two running backs that may be better than any we have, solid and healthy line and 2-3 WR that would be better than any of what we have. Sum of the parts.
                    I’m just done on the ragging that we do about him Fred. He’s no longer a run-of-the-mill quarterback and now he can carry a team. Throwing passes right on target when you’re rolling out at full speed is something most quarterbacks can’t do. He’s not much of a running quarterback anymore and just stays in the pocket and kills people. That running game might slow down the pass rush but he still is a great passer with people in his face. He’s definitely a top-five quarterback and he’s not the end of that list either.

Comment

If you get to week 10-11 and Hurts is still struggling I’d see if Minshew can play. He had no talent at all around him in Jax. No line. Once you are sure it’s not Hurts and that possibility exists than you move to Minshew. And then if neither shows it you draft the kid from Liberty.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        If you get to week 10-11 and Hurts is still struggling I’d see if Minshew can play. He had no talent at all around him in Jax. No line. Once you are sure it’s not Hurts and that possibility exists than you move to Minshew. And then if neither shows it you draft the kid from Liberty.
                        The kid from liberty is already benched.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

The kid from liberty is already benched.
                          60, FWIW Spencer Rattler from OU is the one that is benched, not Willis. Malik Willis from Liberty is still the starter.

Willis may very well end up being an NFL caliber QB. The problem is, some draft people are already putting him as a top 5 pick just because he is a QB. There is no way I want to even waste a top 10 pick on him. He is super talented physically, but so are a lot of college QB's.

Willis was a raw 3-star HS QB originally committed to Auburn. He actually saw some game time at Auburn, before transferring to Liberty. At Auburn, he was behind Jarret Stidham (5th round pick) and Sean White (undrafted). So, he transferred to Liberty because of lack of playing time and has been terrific. The problem is, Liberty just does not schedule good P5 teams at all. Most G5 schools will schedule 1 or 2 P5 schools a year for a big payday, not Liberty.

I would take a chance with Willis. But, no way in hell in the first top 10 picks. And, probably not first round at all. His college coach saw him as the 3rd best QB at Auburn. So, either he didn't recognize talent. Or, Willis is overrated.

Strangely enough, I will be seeing Willis play this coming weekend when he destroys my struggling Alma Mater. That won't mean anything, because my school is awful right now with a lame duck coach.

I would maybe take a shot at Willis, just not at the top of the board. Way too risky IMO.

Comment

Hard to say about QBs. Josh Allen got no looks at all out of HS and went to a JUCO. Wrote every D1 school is what I remember reading and got only one offer and that was from WY. And that was because he reminded them of a guy they recruited in ND named Carson Wentz. Shame Carson didn’t turn out to be Allen but who knows he may still turn around his career. He has been playing fairly well this year.
                            As for QBs I wouldn’t give up everything just so I can say I got a QB with a top five pick. I’d do my due diligence as someone above noted and use Hurts and Minishew until I found one I wanted
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Yes I was just going to mention AlIen. I have no idea who to draft but I’m sure somebody will emerge. They always do. One thing that I do know is that there are probably 35 quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than Hurts. He’s a decent back up.

Comment

Working...
                              X