Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• musicman
    replied
    They had plenty of opportunity to run the ball and they were gashing them when they ran it

Leave a comment:

• rspurr
    replied
    The Saints D is really good especially with Latimore back. I’ve seen them shut Brady out and completely frustrate him the past 3 years so I’m not surprised they held us to 10 points.
    We did well against them the last two years because of our run game and Hurts’ running ability. We should have come out running. I’m surprised we haven’t used Jergens as a 6th olinemen and try to pound teams a bit more with Minshew in there.
    Coming out passing without Lane was a recipe for disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle60
    replied
    Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Eh. They were down 13-0 early and had plenty of time
    to run the ball. Wasn’t like they were down 13-0 with six minutes left in the game. And they had banged up guys last year when they ran the ball effectively (although Hurts wasn’t banged up last year when they were running).
    like I said I just do t think they game planned this one well. What was it Jim Johnson said - something about keeping teams to 17 points and you should win in the NFL
    If you hold a team to 17 they should throw you a parade these days.

Leave a comment:

• NoDakIggle
    replied
    Eh. They were down 13-0 early and had plenty of time
    to run the ball. Wasn’t like they were down 13-0 with six minutes left in the game. And they had banged up guys last year when they ran the ball effectively (although Hurts wasn’t banged up last year when they were running).
    like I said I just do t think they game planned this one well. What was it Jim Johnson said - something about keeping teams to 17 points and you should win in the NFL

Leave a comment:

• MDFAN
    replied
    “We're going to try to get better from this one right here. I don't get too high when we play a really good game; I don't get too low when we play a really bad game. “We played a really bad game offensively ” . We'll just have to look and get better from it. Again, I'm not ever going to be somebody that is going to hit a panic button. We're going to double down on the things we think are true and that we know are true, and we're going to get better from this. I mean, we have to own what we just put out there and get better from it by owning it and correcting the mistakes with great detail.”

-Nick Sirianni on Eagles scoring just 10 points, fewest this season and second fewest in his 2 years as Eagles coach 

Nick doesn’t even mention the D. Seems the coach doesn’t think the loss was the major fault of the D. And yes the Saints 1st drive was bad, but we have overcome this scenario several times. I think your agenda for Gannon may be clouding your opinion, but hey you are entitled to them.

Leave a comment:

• Eaglebreath
    replied
    What I saw again, AGAIN, was the Eagles win the coin toss, defer, and give up a sustained opening drive for a TD. I've gotten to the point where I am rooting for the other team to win the toss. I told j-bird that if they win the toss, they should just spot the other team a TD, and take the kickoff. It is that bad. I'd like to see the statistics on this because at some point those analytics everyone loves so much probably indicate that for the Eagles to defer is a bad move.

I agree that they should win if they only give up 13 points. The thing that drives me absolutely nuts is it's like a tale of two defenses. When they play man coverage, and play down hill, they play really well. When they play soft zone, single high, or cover two type shit, teams methodically drive the ball on them. Yesterday was a perfect example of that. I don't understand why Gannon continues to play these soft zone schemes, give up a bunch of yards and points, and then adjust to what works.

I also think that they should move Mailata to RT, and get Dillard on the field, or at least give it some serious consideration.

They're dinged up, and they are not playing good, complimentary football. They are definitely missing Hurts, but they better get shit fixed quick.

Leave a comment:

• MDFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by taz View Post

The back breaker was the 15 play 9 minute drive. It set the tone for the game and the offense behind its backup QB had to play catch up all day. The defense stunk yesterday (and so did the offense). The Saints QB"s completed 84% of their passes against the vaunted Jonathan Gannon zone. This was Andy fucking Dalton . This after Dak completed 100% of his passes the week before against the vaunted zone. This is the problem with the team. The interception yesterday was basically a kickoff. They get a sack then give play passive the next down and give most of the yardage back. They are not putting the offense in short field positions.

The loss is 75% on Gannon in my opinion. He has pro bowler after pro bowler on that defense and he chooses to play like a pussy. The offense was trying to play with a backup QB and backup RT who both are serious downgrades on what we had there. Against an excellent Saints defense. I said it before the game this may be the best defense we played against all year. Remember they didn't have Lattimore since week 4. They played differently yesterday. They stacked the box and dared our backup QB to beat them. The Eagles couldn't do. Sure they should have ran a little more but that is tough to do when you are down 13-0.

The offense behind Hurts has been winning games all year for this team. It was time the defense showed up and won a few games while Hurts was out. They couldn't do it. They let up 40 fucking points to the shitty cowboys because of his stubbornness and they let the Saints dictate the entire first half to them. .

​​​​​​ The Saints were able to execute their plan of making Minshew beat them (novel idea you know instead of sitting back in a zone actually speed up the QB"s decision making) Steichen the offensive coordinator is having problems making adjustments without his star QB. Maybe the talks of him being a wonderkid are a little exaggerated. . I know they were loading the box but damn it run the fucking ball. Also Stoutland shouldn't be let off the hook here. This is the third game this year at home these guys were false starting all over the place. Again on offense they were playing behind a backup QB these types of issues are to be expected. The thing that is not expected is they can't overcome them.

I disagree! Give up 13 points should = W. Can use all the words you want but that is this loss.

Leave a comment:

• taz
    replied
    Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    As for the game I had a flashback to Sirianni’s win a shootout comment. I know they didn’t have a Hurts but the game plan just didn’t seem to fit the game. Run the ball against teams like the Saints. The Eagles can run the ball and I think they outsmarted themselves by not committing to it in this game.
    The Saints are a different team with Lattimore. They have played very good defense all year now you get back one of the best corners in football and it allows you to put him on an island against either Brown or Smith and commit one more guy to the run. The Eagles offense didn't have the talent on offense with no Hurts, no Johnson and a banged up Sanders to beat that team by themselves yesterday. They needed the defense to show up and dictate to the Saints offense. That is how the Saints were losing games all year. The dunce we have for a defensive coordinator is not capable of doing that. The Eagles have not played complementary football since the first half of the season. For every sack there is a 3rd and long that is either converted or close enough to not flip field position. They are not getting turnovers. Sure they got one yesterday but it did nothing to help field position for the offense.

They were winning games because of Hurts. Even when Hurts comes back and I don't think we will see him until he plays on the road in Tampa two weeks from now, he is not going to be a 100%. I am afraid it may be over for this team. I know that Gannon will never come out aggressive in a game. So we basically will be behind the scoreboard every game going forward.

Leave a comment:

• taz
    replied
    Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    IMO , this loss is 80% on the O. Any D that only gives up 13 points (with this level of O at HOME) should expect to win! The pick 6 was a back breaker.
    The back breaker was the 15 play 9 minute drive. It set the tone for the game and the offense behind its backup QB had to play catch up all day. The defense stunk yesterday (and so did the offense). The Saints QB"s completed 84% of their passes against the vaunted Jonathan Gannon zone. This was Andy fucking Dalton . This after Dak completed 100% of his passes the week before against the vaunted zone. This is the problem with the team. The interception yesterday was basically a kickoff. They get a sack then give play passive the next down and give most of the yardage back. They are not putting the offense in short field positions.

The loss is 75% on Gannon in my opinion. He has pro bowler after pro bowler on that defense and he chooses to play like a pussy. The offense was trying to play with a backup QB and backup RT who both are serious downgrades on what we had there. Against an excellent Saints defense. I said it before the game this may be the best defense we played against all year. Remember they didn't have Lattimore since week 4. They played differently yesterday. They stacked the box and dared our backup QB to beat them. The Eagles couldn't do. Sure they should have ran a little more but that is tough to do when you are down 13-0.

The offense behind Hurts has been winning games all year for this team. It was time the defense showed up and won a few games while Hurts was out. They couldn't do it. They let up 40 fucking points to the shitty cowboys because of his stubbornness and they let the Saints dictate the entire first half to them. .

​​​​​​ The Saints were able to execute their plan of making Minshew beat them (novel idea you know instead of sitting back in a zone actually speed up the QB"s decision making) Steichen the offensive coordinator is having problems making adjustments without his star QB. Maybe the talks of him being a wonderkid are a little exaggerated. . I know they were loading the box but damn it run the fucking ball. Also Stoutland shouldn't be let off the hook here. This is the third game this year at home these guys were false starting all over the place. Again on offense they were playing behind a backup QB these types of issues are to be expected. The thing that is not expected is they can't overcome them.

Leave a comment:

• NoDakIggle
    replied
    As for the game I had a flashback to Sirianni’s win a shootout comment. I know they didn’t have a Hurts but the game plan just didn’t seem to fit the game. Run the ball against teams like the Saints. The Eagles can run the ball and I think they outsmarted themselves by not committing to it in this game.

Leave a comment:

• NoDakIggle
    replied
    Originally posted by FairOaks View Post

That was two years ago now.
    Absolutely FO. Wrote too fast without thinking about it. I would still say there is no love lost between the Giants and Eagles. They won’t do something that would obviously hurt them going into the playoffs but I have little doubt they want to beat the Eagles. Each and every time they play them. So I expect a hard game next week.

Leave a comment:

• MDFAN
    replied
    IMO , this loss is 80% on the O. Any D that only gives up 13 points (with this level of O at HOME) should expect to win! The pick 6 was a back breaker.

Leave a comment:

• flyered
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Yeah that was a killer. Our O line basically sucked today. Why is Dillard even on the team if they refuse to play him?
    That is very much my question. 3 sacks for Jordan!

Leave a comment:

• Eagle60
    replied
    Originally posted by taz View Post

I have the same feeling on Hurts. Just don't think he is playing this week. Light tossing the football and letting it rip are two different things. As far as the running game goes, they simply didn't use it enough. They were running at a 4.5 ypc clip today. I know the Saints played different looks etc but that was the missed opportunity. Total called run plays 15. The Gainwell TD being called back still pisses me off.
    Yeah that was a killer. Our O line basically sucked today. Why is Dillard even on the team if they refuse to play him?

Leave a comment:

• taz
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    As far as our run game goes it doesn't exist w/o Hurts. BTW I saw some clips of Hurts tossing the ball around last Friday and I really doubt he'll be able to play Sunday. That "limited practice" listing of him was extremely generous. His arm looked like a wet noodle
    I have the same feeling on Hurts. Just don't think he is playing this week. Light tossing the football and letting it rip are two different things. As far as the running game goes, they simply didn't use it enough. They were running at a 4.5 ypc clip today. I know the Saints played different looks etc but that was the missed opportunity. Total called run plays 15. The Gainwell TD being called back still pisses me off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X