New Orleans trade recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans trade recap

The New Orleans trade is just another in a long line of thefts by Howie Roseman. To recap

Trades 2022 Picks, 16 -19- 6th rounder (194)

for
    2022 18th overall pick (which turned into AJ Brown) 3rd rounder pick 101 and 7th rounder 237

PLUS

2023 1st round pick 10th overall

2024 2nd round pick (position TBD)

So the 10th, 18th, 2nd, 3rd, 7th for 16, 19, 237. Highway robbery. Draft value chart wise 2700 for the Eagles 1893 for the Saints depending on the chart you use. That is an additional mid first round pick in value that we picked up. Absolute Steal.

All Hail Howie .

Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Totally agree Taz we won the day there. And if the person we want is not there at 10 maybe one of these other teams move up and get the quarterback they want because there’s gonna be a lot of moving around in April to get at these quarterbacks. Teams like Miami, the Giants, the Panthers, the Texans, the Cardinals, maybe, even the Seahawks are going to be looking to move up and down.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why the Panthers are ahead of the Saints in the standings but let the Panthers are picking 9 and Saints (our pick) is 10?

Every site I've gone to has the Panthers 2, Saints 3, and Falcons 4. All finished 7-10.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

That trade turned out great. Would have been 8th overall if we had beaten them last week but still a very good result. The Panthers beating them yesterday was huge; would have been 15th overall if the Saints had won.

Draft pick order is determined first by overall record, then second by strength of schedule. Things like head-to-head record only come into play if the SoS is tied too. The regular standings are the other way around -- they do head to head, division/conference record etc. before they get to SoS as a tiebreaker. So the order can be different.

Of course, spots 19+ are for teams who make the playoffs, regardless of record -- the first tiebreak there is the playoff round you lose in, then record I think, then SoS.

Saints have massive cap troubles still (they just gave Michael Thomas the treatment we gave Alshon his last year, setting him up for a post-June-1 designated release). That will save them $14 million or so on the cap, but they have a lot more work to do to get under. Which likely means they have to restructure (and keep) all the players who got them to 7-10 this year -- most of them are cap *hits* if they are cut or traded. They may have some cap tricks up their sleeve, but that 2nd round pick next year could also be relatively high.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
          That trade turned out great. Would have been 8th overall if we had beaten them last week but still a very good result. The Panthers beating them yesterday was huge; would have been 15th overall if the Saints had won.

Draft pick order is determined first by overall record, then second by strength of schedule. Things like head-to-head record only come into play if the SoS is tied too. The regular standings are the other way around -- they do head to head, division/conference record etc. before they get to SoS as a tiebreaker. So the order can be different.

Of course, spots 19+ are for teams who make the playoffs, regardless of record -- the first tiebreak there is the playoff round you lose in, then record I think, then SoS.

Saints have massive cap troubles still (they just gave Michael Thomas the treatment we gave Alshon his last year, setting him up for a post-June-1 designated release). That will save them $14 million or so on the cap, but they have a lot more work to do to get under. Which likely means they have to restructure (and keep) all the players who got them to 7-10 this year -- most of them are cap *hits* if they are cut or traded. They may have some cap tricks up their sleeve, but that 2nd round pick next year could also be relatively high.
          So will we. We shot for the moon this season. LET'S HOPE WE HIT IT
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

OR---- They use both our 1st's to move up if there is somebody they really want. OR they trade the Saints 1st and our next pick to move up. OR they trade the Saints pick for a mid-teen and another 2. Or---- the point being nobody knows what lurks in the mind of "The Howie".

Comment

Working...
            X