International games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International games

Birds have away games against KC and NE next year. Both KC and NE have home games in Europe next year. Won’t know until April if it’ll happen but I hate Europe games.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Birds have away games against KC and NE next year. Both KC and NE have home games in Europe next year. Won’t know until April if it’ll happen but I hate Europe games.
    Screw 'em. The players really get the shaft on those trips, it's not like they get a little vacation out of it. If they spent a couple of weeks there and enjoyed the trip it would be a good deal for them but this is just another money grab.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 01-20-2023, 04:34 AM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

And now this!!
      EAGLES

Eagles could end up with a foreign game next season

The Chiefs and Patriots are the two teams headed to Germany and the Eagles have scheduled road games against both squads.
      The Eagles could play in Germany this year. In this Oct. 28, 2018, photo, Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Keelan Cole is tackled by Eagles safety Avonte Maddox at Wembley Stadium in London, the last time the Eagles played in the international series.Matt Dunham / AP
      by Jeff McLane
      Updated Jan 19, 2023
      The NFL announced designated “home” teams for its international series of games for 2023 and it’s possible the Eagles play in Germany next season.

The Chiefs and Patriots are the two teams headed to Deutschland and the Eagles have scheduled road games against both squads.

In London, the Bills and Titans will play at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and the Jaguars will play their annual game at Wembley Stadium.

The NFL played its first game in Germany in November when the Buccaneers hosted the Seahawks in Munich. The league hasn’t confirmed which teams will play in which cities in 2023, but it was announced previously that Munich and Frankfurt would stage games over the next four years. The Eagles last played in the international series in 2018 when they traveled to London to face the Jaguars. They won that game.

While Eagles-Chiefs or Eagles-Patriots would represent higher-profile matchups than the NFL typically allows overseas, the Bucs-Seahawks game was an overwhelming success and the league may be looking to further capitalize on that popularity.

Published Jan. 19, 2023

Comment

While I hate to see teams have to play in Europe I especially hate to see the Eagles have to go there. The absolutely only bright side I see is that there are lots of troops in Europe. I hope there is an effort to make sure lots of troops get to see these games.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          While I hate to see teams have to play in Europe I especially hate to see the Eagles have to go there. The absolutely only bright side I see is that there are lots of troops in Europe. I hope there is an effort to make sure lots of troops get to see these games.
          I just hope the hell WE can see it!

Comment

I hate these games also. Absolutely hate them. And, I haven't watched a game yet.

Comment

Working...
            X