Great BB material!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great BB material!

Daboll named Coach of the Year and Mahomes MVP, Jefferson O player of the Year, Bosa DPY…….. THAT should act as a little extra incentive!

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Daboll named Coach of the Year and Mahomes MVP, Jefferson O player of the Year, Bosa DPY…….. THAT should act as a little extra incentive!
    I know we all wanted Sirianni to win it but to tell you the truth I would have given it to Doug Pederson. Jaylen got robbed though.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I agree. They are too classy to say anything publicly about it. Though hopefully they do if they win the SB

Comment

Sirianni and Reddick not even being nominated just slays me. It won’t take the chip completely off the shoulder but I’ll bet all of them will be happy with that SB ring come Sunday
        Fly Eagles Fly
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Seriously flawed system. How can Hurts go from front runner to loser by missing 2 games THAT HIS TEAM LOST!!! I could understand if he was out for a significant amount of time, but missing two games and having your team struggle without you should bolster his chances of winning not decimate them.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

What body/group nominates and votes on these 4 awards? (Serious question.)
            I agree with Nodak. For neither Sirianni and Redick to be as much as nominated is baffling. It raises the question of anti Eagle bias in my mind.
            And for the Fat Fuck from NY to win Coach of TY, I've got to believe successful participation in a variety of eating contests had to weigh heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              What body/group nominates and votes on these 4 awards? (Serious question.)
              I agree with Nodak. For neither Sirianni and Redick to be as much as nominated is baffling. It raises the question of anti Eagle bias in my mind.
              And for the Fat Fuck from NY to win Coach of TY, I've got to believe successful participation in a variety of eating contests had to weigh heavily.

Let's face it New York teams always get the benefit of the doubt

Comment

Even if I think they are wrong I can usually live with one of the top three winning because it is tough to differentiate between three top guys. But there is no way Nick and Reddick shouldn’t have been at least in the top three. Hell I would have O’Connell of the Vikings ahead of Daboll and Shanahan
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Daboll was a quality candidate as much as it pains me to say. The majority of the NY Giant roster is a dog's breakfast. Jones had a career year and they made the playoffs. We knew this team had talent it was all dependent on Hurts making the next step (which he did). I am not slighting Sirianni at all.

Comment

Not saying he didn’t do a good job but they were 9-7-1 I believe. Doesn’t compare to MN or Philly.
                    Another slight IMO was Graham wasn’t nominate at comeback player of the year. Smith was a good choice and McCaffrey was probably a good nominee but I would put Graham over Barkley.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Oddity…. Every MVP winner, since 2000, has lost the super bowl……0/9.

Comment

may we never have an MVP
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Sirianni IMO is a good choice but taking a playoff team deeper into the playoffs shouldn’t be the sole reason for consideration as MVP. Nick absolutely should be in the conversation and definitely should have been a top 3 pick (Shanahan is joke!) but picking Daboll is an even bigger load of shit IMO. I think Doug Pederson started with a weaker team and built a better foundation for long term success. Trevor Lawrence was considered a borderline bust and now he is again regarded as a franchise caliber QB. Obviously, I would love to have seen Nick win it, but I honestly believe Doug was more deserving than anyone else this year.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Super Bowl MVP > Regular season MVP.

I think Hurts will take the former.

Comment

Coach of the year might be a curse. Most of them are fired two years after they win the award.

Comment

Working...
                              X