First Night of the Combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Night of the Combine

#1 thing is how athletic the DE/DT group is. I think there will be a very good DE/DT available at 30. I'm anxious to see the DBs today. Would love to see Howie come away with a DE,DT and CB with the first 3 picks.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    #1 thing is how athletic the DE/DT group is. I think there will be a very good DE/DT available at 30. I'm anxious to see the DBs today. Would love to see Howie come away with a DE,DT and CB with the first 3 picks.
    Yep. Defense, Defense, Defense with the early picks. So much to replace.

Comment

That Will McDonald kid might end up the best DE of the bunch when we all look back.

love the versatility of different ways he gets to the QB

DE and DB both look real deep this year.

Comment

I would love to grab a corner back at 10 but I still believe in sticking to your board and if it's a defensive tackle or defensive end. I'm fine with it.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Unless Tyree Wilson, Jalen Carter, or Will Anderson are at 10 I am in the move back mindset. If we can drop 8-10 picks and get another 2 and maybe a 3/4 I’d do it. The. Grab the DT from Pittsburgh at 17-20 and I would take Kelee Ringo at 30. He is CB1 in my mind. He is big, fast and can defend the route tree. He is also physical. 30 might be high for him just based on what might go ahead of him but I am all in on Ringo.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

They might be able to grab a DE/DT like Adebawore or Ojomo outside of Rd1 if they trade back for more picks this draft.

Per Lawlor:

Adetomiwa Adebawore measured in at 6-2, 282. He has big hands (10.5 inches) and long arms (33 7/8 inches). Northwestern had him play different roles. Some NFL teams might see him as an edge. I think he could also play DT. Adebawore had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl and then looked great at the Combine.

40 – 4.49
            10 – 1.61
            Bench – 27 reps
            Vertical – 37.5 inches
            Broad – 10 feet, 5 inches

You see speed, strength and explosion. That’s on his game tape as well as workouts. Because of his size and tweener build, some people had Adebawore in the 3rd to 4th round range. I think he could go in the 2nd round.
            I was thinking 3rd rd for this guy...

Comment

[QUOTE=ThoughtProcess;n548574]They might be able to grab a DE/DT like Adebawore or Ojomo outside of Rd1 if they trade back for more picks this draft.

Per Lawlor:

I was thinking 3rd rd for this guy...[/QUOTE]

We are basically picking third with our number 2 pick at 61,
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle60;n548577]
                Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                They might be able to grab a DE/DT like Adebawore or Ojomo outside of Rd1 if they trade back for more picks this draft.

Per Lawlor:

I was thinking 3rd rd for this guy...[/QUOTE]

We are basically picking third with our number 2 pick at 61,
                Ha...I didnt consider that at all...

Comment

At this point I am not sure where is is gonna go, but Achane was hurt most of 2022 season, but is a speed RB we could use and is a PR/KR that we need. Maybe 3/4 round?

Comment

Working...
                  X