Trade down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade down

The more I look at this draft, the more I start thinking that the top 10 players are not that separated from the rest of the pack.

who would we even trade up for?

I know it takes two to tango and all. I’m starting to love the idea of trading down multiple times in round 1. Making 1 pick in round 1 and picking up more picks on rounds 2-5

its not just the lack of separation in talent. It’s also all the needs we have and 4 picks on rounds 1-6 not being enough.

am I crazy?

I want them to trade down as well. I want them to bank another 1st for next year and add another second this year.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I don't agree. The only way you can fill a hole for this year is a top ten pick. You are not going to plug a hole picking In the second round. How much did Dean play last year? the only rookie that played was Davis and he was just a Rotational player that played less than half the snaps a game. odds are that you're not going to get a starter with the 30th pick either. I don't know how deep the difference makers are in this draft but I would combine that 30th pick with a draft pick next year to grab one If you want to go someplace this year anb just not make the playoffs. Howie did as much as he could in the offseason To plug holes but there are still holes and almost all rookies don't play until their second year unless they are real special.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

60 I would say it depends on your current talent level
        and the position you are drafting. No matter where they are drafted 1st and 2nd round picks should be competing to start IMO. If I pick a RB at 25 I would damn sure expect him to start. If I am picking a future T maybe he sits a year or maybe he starts as a guard but if I want a sure starter at tackle I pick him
        top ten. Hell they could move to pick six and take Carter. He may not play anymore than Davis did last year.
        Howie leans toward the trenches and toward the future with his picks. I don’t think anyone they draft would start on the OL and would just be a rotational piece on the DL. The team’s big need is LB and S. Certainly wouldn’t be looking top ten for those.
        I wouldn’t want to drop too far but dropping 5-8 places from pick 10 and/or for pick 30 wouldn’t be bad in my mind.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I would love to see what happens in the first 5 or six picks to see what approach I'd take.

Comment

I am of the opinion that a trade-down would be beneficial. Especially if one of the QBs slip a bit and someone gets desperate enough to trade up to 10. I don't think that a trade-down into the 12-15 range would be too bad, and that they'd be able to fill in some of the missing selection holes in Rds 4-6. Of course, that would be dependent on what happens prior to their pick.

I can definitely envision a trade-back at 30, with the 2024 draft in mind. That might be where they fill in those holes.

Comment

I am starting to think Jalen Carter is gonna drop like a stone.

I think the only guy I want at 10 now is Tyree Wilson.

past that, I’m in trade down mode. My hope is the Texans don’t go QB at 2 and then teams are trying to get ahead of then at 12 to get Will Levis.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree with Tyree as the only top 10 I can see worthy of standing pat for.

“Maybe” Myles Murphy. Nobody else other that QB seems worthy to me.

Comment

Carter doesn’t ring my bell at all. I know he has the stud label but I think drafting him would say something about Davis.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    Carter doesn’t ring my bell at all. I know he has the stud label but I think drafting him would say something about Davis.
                    Giant men wear down seasonally and career wise, limiting their snaps is almost a necessity
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

It is certainly time for smoke. If I am Howie I am calling LV and Atl to see what it would take to move up. Not that I am moving up but I want some teams to think I am moving up. And I am throwing smoke that I am looking at an OT or maybe someone like Carter or Robinson even though I am not looking for them. Getting teams chasing people you know you don’t want helps you get who you want.
                      Don’t think it likely but if I can get Will Anderson to drop where he is close enough for me to get him I might stay in top ten.
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X