Ewok down to Eagles, Jets and Bengals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
    I think he is a complete jerk and I don't think he has a lot left in the tank. Could be wrong. But, he is supposed to be a great blocking RB and ,if the thought is he could help and he would play better against Dallas, I'd kick the tires. I'd hate it, but if he helps....
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The skillset makes a tiny bit of sense, but the QB sneak stuff isn't going to be outlawed this season, so would prefer to keep doing that.

I can't get beyond the bad karma of signing former Cowboys for the small improvement he would represent (at the cost of a roster spot who might go to someone better). Zeke had a 3.8 average last year, and that is with a good OL, and a running back mate who averaged over 5. He is probably done -- sounds like none of the three teams he named want him right now. He'll sign a minimum contract as an injury replacement maybe, with someone. Doubt he signs before the draft, though some team may give him a chance. Just hope it's not us, and would be really surprised if it was.

Comment

is he going to be Kelce's replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          is he going to be Kelce's replacement?
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
            The skillset makes a tiny bit of sense, but the QB sneak stuff isn't going to be outlawed this season, so would prefer to keep doing that.

I can't get beyond the bad karma of signing former Cowboys for the small improvement he would represent (at the cost of a roster spot who might go to someone better). Zeke had a 3.8 average last year, and that is with a good OL, and a running back mate who averaged over 5. He is probably done -- sounds like none of the three teams he named want him right now. He'll sign a minimum contract as an injury replacement maybe, with someone. Doubt he signs before the draft, though some team may give him a chance. Just hope it's not us, and would be really surprised if it was.
            I think people are making too much of "eagle sneak". I think it's BS. The reason those quarterback sneaks worked so good last year it's because Kelce blew away every noseguard he faced last season along with the rest of the line. They get off the ball really low and get great leverage. how many 3 yard quarter quarter quarter back snakes that we have last year? I think the running backs there for song the ride for the most part. They didn't have anything to do with the line surge. As for Ewok, screw him!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

I think people are making too much of "eagle sneak". I think it's BS. The reason those quarterback sneaks worked so good last year it's because Kelce blew away every noseguard he faced last season along with the rest of the line. They get off the ball really low and get great leverage. how many 3 yard quarter quarter quarter back snakes that we have last year? I think the running backs there for song the ride for the most part. They didn't have anything to do with the line surge. As for Ewok, screw him!
              Yeah, the play shouldn't be banned just because it's hard to stop (or the Eagles are particularly good at it). There were several teams who argued that it should be allowed, too, which is why it's not up for a vote -- there weren't going to be enough votes to ban it. Other teams will be using it this year, for sure, or trying to. Admittedly allowing an offense to push their own guys forward is something not seen too much before, but if you are going to ban that, are you going to ban defenses from piling on players making a tackle?

That all said, the problem would be that if defenses are forced to go to more extreme measures to stop it, maybe there is something about it which will lead to more injuries than usual. If that starts happening, I think it will be banned eventually.

Comment

It's not just quarterback sneaks either . You see it on almost every running play now too. These two yard runs become 8 yards runs when all their teammates push the RB another 6 yards. Then the broadcaster yells what a run!

Comment

Not just no. But HELL no.

Comment

Working...
                  X