Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Todays practice...

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
    Alright then, we agree to disagree. Your point about not knowing the inner workings of families is true. The same is also true of management of sports teams. On Reid and his family I have nothing but sympathy and understanding for what he/they have gone through. I have never said anything different. I also have sympathy and understanding for the Hollis Thomases, Welborns and Stallworths who I saw as competent players we needed. Unfortunately they were lost one way or another and I, IMO, see these management decisions as colored by a loss of tolerance or at least a concern for the drug use/history of the three individuals. To me there is the strong hint of the "character" concerns for which Reid is well known and well regarded by most. Can I be wrong in my supposition, certainly. But that remains the base of my concern.
    Glad we can still agree to disagree my friend.

The only other point here I will make is that I can separate business decisions/behaviors from personal and family decisions/behaviors.......... We can and should and most certainly do------ run business's and make decisions much much differently then you do family decisions-------- the value system is totally different.

Hell, if we imposed our "family values" unto all our business's ------ well let's just say we would live in a much different world. If Reid is a hypocrite, then we all are, because we DO accept (everyday) different behaviors from families then we do our business.

Think of all the teachers, thousands if not millions of whom have real bad personal problems, does that make them unqualified to teach our young or does that make them hypocritical when they do?

Of course not.

Now apply that to military leaders, upper management levels in all companies, Any peoples that are charged with either leading, directing or teaching others-----------------not just head football coaches.

Comment

I was roundly denounced, in some cases offensively so, for maintaining that Reid was hypocritical in what he demanded from his players versus what he accepted from his kids. I see this situation the same way. Reid demands that his players change their thinking, training, physical attributes, sometimes even their positions in order to improve the team's performance. He does not make the same demands of himself.
      Here's the difference. It's pretty clear to Reid that his kids need to change. In Reid's mind, throwing 65% of the time with McNabb IS the recipe for success - there's nothing to change as far as he's concerned.

I think you have the roles wrong...

At home, Reid is the father and his kids are, well, the kids. The kids are on drugs, Reid knows they need to change. That's clear.

At work, Reid is the kid on crack when it comes to McNabb...the problem is, there's no "father" to tell kid Reid that he's high as a kite sometimes when he's taking his McNabb-drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
        I was roundly denounced, in some cases offensively so, for maintaining that Reid was hypocritical in what he demanded from his players versus what he accepted from his kids. I see this situation the same way. Reid demands that his players change their thinking, training, physical attributes, sometimes even their positions in order to improve the team's performance. He does not make the same demands of himself.
        Here's the difference. It's pretty clear to Reid that his kids need to change. In Reid's mind, throwing 65% of the time with McNabb IS the recipe for success - there's nothing to change as far as he's concerned.

I think you have the roles wrong...

At home, Reid is the father and his kids are, well, the kids. The kids are on drugs, Reid knows they need to change. That's clear.

At work, Reid is the kid on crack when it comes to McNabb...the problem is, there's no "father" to tell kid Reid that he's high as a kite sometimes when he's taking his McNabb-drugs.
        Good one YPCM. Go for it Dad

Comment

Working...
        X