Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT:All Right I'm Calling you all out, one by one 1st MD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT:All Right I'm Calling you all out, one by one 1st MD!

Ok BRB is on the clock......................

Comment

BTW TAZ, I used to love the trains at Christmas, still have a full New York Central and Illinois Central -- Vintage mid 50's -- in storage, along with the plasticville accessories.... and I may have that guy in the house that comes out, had two one was a small station and the other was a lager green and white 2 story station where the guy would come down the stairs with a lantern as the train approached, have the automatic milk cars, radar station, and many many more, all kinds of semaphore and signal stations.

Alas, I stopped doing them as I started to decorate the outside of my house, now I devote about 2 full weeks to the outside at Christmas time and my wife spends another 2 weeksa on the outside and the bottom line was that I haven't touched the trains in probably 20+ years now.

But they will still be a great hand me down someday.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
        BTW TAZ, I used to love the trains at Christmas, still have a full New York Central and Illinois Central -- Vintage mid 50's -- in storage, along with the plasticville accessories.... and I may have that guy in the house that comes out, had two one was a small station and the other was a lager green and white 2 story station where the guy would come down the stairs with a lantern as the train approached, have the automatic milk cars, radar station, and many many more, all kinds of semaphore and signal stations.

Alas, I stopped doing them as I started to decorate the outside of my house, now I devote about 2 full weeks to the outside at Christmas time and my wife spends another 2 weeksa on the outside and the bottom line was that I haven't touched the trains in probably 20+ years now.

But they will still be a great hand me down someday.
        Sounds like a GREAT collection, if you are ever looking to sell any of your stuff let me know. Especially the guy who comes out of the house. That is the one piece that we never found of my grandfathers collection and I would love to add.

Both my kids are really into the village, I hope to be doing this for a long time, then someday the kids could take over.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I was born in 1965 in Nassau County, NY.

My parents divorced when I was very young so my time was split between the two. My mom in NY and my dad in South Jersey, Medford Lakes. I was a Philadelphia fan early on as my father was my sports influence. I have always rooted for the Phillies, Flyers, Sixers and Eagles. I used to be a HUGE Phillies fan but has sort of lost interest in baseball as I have gotten older. Truthfully the only team I would consider myself as "passionate" about is the Eagles. I watch every game mostly by myself (no one else can stand watching it with me). I trade game time phone calls with my father, still in Medford Lakes, and my brother in law, also in S. Jersey. My father in law was a huge Eagles fan and I probably talked Eagles football more with him than anyone else. We lost him to cancer a few years ago.

I have lived in South Florida now almost 15 years with my wife of 13 years and our son, 10, and daughter, 7. Now that I think about it my son really took to watching the games with me last season. I like that a lot, it keeps me calmer and he has become quite knowledgeable about the game. Probably our trip to training camp last summer got him stoked. He even has a supersitious side. He wears these dark sunglasses whenever we have the ball and take them off for D. I noticed that one time and he said that if he doesn’t do it the Eagles will really suck. LOL!!

I work as a Physical Therapist (went to Temple), my wife is a High School math teacher (Trenton State). Before I became a Physical Therapist I worked as an Athletic Trainer. Sometimes I have some insight about specific injuries and try to share that here. I am not a big poster but I read the forum about every day.

We belong to a sailing club in Central Florida, Eustis. Home to the Oyster Troff, the best Oyster bar in the world, bar none. Eustis is not far from our fellow poster FlyingDutchman. We go up there about every other weekend Fall to Spring. The club closes for the Summer. We stay in our Travel Trailer, drive our golf cart everywhere and race sailboats. The kids love it!! The wife has made quite a few friends up there too so it truly is a family activity. We will be there this Memorial day weekend.

For those who may be interested in the origin of my screen name it's kind of a funny story. While going to Temple U. I lived in Manayunk. Some friends and I were driving downtown on the SureKill and there was a Ford Bronco in front of us. I jokingly said "That's Buddy Ryan's Bronco". (Remember he used to do ford commercials) Well we drove up along side of the truck and sure enough it was Buddy himself. I about drove off the road. We gave him a wave and he responded with a thumbs up. We laughed about that all night.

Not much else to say. Thanks for the invite. Not sure who has not gone yet so I will leave the next nomination up to you MD.

BRB

Comment

Originally posted by taz
            Sounds like a GREAT collection, if you are ever looking to sell any of your stuff let me know. Especially the guy who comes out of the house. That is the one piece that we never found of my grandfathers collection and I would love to add.

Both my kids are really into the village, I hope to be doing this for a long time, then someday the kids could take over.
            I have a huge collection of unused Lionel stuff all in the original boxes that I need to get rid of. If you pm you're email address I can send you a list.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

BRB glad to learn a bit more about you! I grew up about 3 blocks away from where Buddy lived when he was here so I used to see him all over the place. Once in 1990 (or '91 I forget exactly what year it was) after blowing out the Giants I was at a Wawa when who walked in but Jeff Feagles. I complimented him on the game and a few minutes later in walks Buddy (he wasn't the coach at that point but still spent a fair amount of time in Cherry Hill during the season). It was funny to watch Feagles attitude shift from celebrity football player to lowly punter. Both or them were really nice and talked to everyone who came up to them.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

My bad boys and girls --- I was away taking back some of the money I had previously left at the The Borgata ----- and this slipped by me..............

So ----- WCPHAN --- you're up Bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyRyansBronco

For those who may be interested in the origin of my screen name it's kind of a funny story. While going to Temple U. I lived in Manayunk. Some friends and I were driving downtown on the SureKill and there was a Ford Bronco in front of us. I jokingly said "That's Buddy Ryan's Bronco". (Remember he used to do ford commercials) Well we drove up along side of the truck and sure enough it was Buddy himself. I about drove off the road. We gave him a wave and he responded with a thumbs up. We laughed about that all night.
                  BRB,

What really impresses me is that, despite your surprise, you had the presence of mind to grab your camera and get that great pic of Buddy you use in your avatar!

Comment

Thanks for the invite to talk.

My family moved to Swarthmore, Pa. in 1974 when I was six after my dad graduated business school. Being the son of an Air Force pilot, my dad picked up his sports allegiances when he spent his Jr High and High School years in Concord, Ma. outside of Boston. But, he never cared about what teams I rooted for. So, when I arrived in the Philly area, it was a clean slate. I lgrew up with Dr. J, Schmidty, Carrolton, Bowa, Cheeks, Toney, both Jones’(Bobby and Caldwell), McBride, Boone, Maddux, Malone, and on and on. Then, the Eagles brought in Vermeil and Jaws and things started to turn around for the hapless Eagles. ’75-’83 were the greatest years to be a Philly sports fan and I loved every game and duking it out with buddies for who got to be Schmidt in whiffle ball games. In 1979, we moved to New Providence, NJ which is 45mins. from Manhattan and every kid in the new neighborhood was a NY sports fan- the only thing that would have been worse was if there was a Dallas fan on the block, thankfully, there wasn’t. Unfortunately, that means that some of my closest friends are NY Sports team fans who have been torturing me (and then some) for our 25 year (and counting) drought.

After high school, I attended Lafayette College where I mastered beer pong in between some classes and playing D I lacrosse. Lafayette was where the Giants/Eagles rivalry took on a new level. It was the hey day of Ryan and the NFC east battles were fantastic. In my fraternity it was decided Giants and Eagles fans weren’t allowed to watch the games in the same room- too many windows and furniture were getting destroyed. Of course, we wouldn’t throw beer- that would be wasteful even if it was the bottom of the barrel swill known as Piels.

After barely graduating, my parents relocated to Los Angeles and since I had no job prospects, I followed them to the West Coast. Thankfully, I found a bar called the Sports Harbor on Washington Blvd. in Marina Del Rey where 50 or so Eagles fans would gather every Sunday for satellite feeds of the Eagles games. However, 2 or 3 times a year, the owner wouldn’t be able to find the game and it would be the first time I ever saw a bar owner get pelted with beer- it was like being at the Vet all over again. I ended up rooming with six of these guys, all from Upper Moreland, Pa. and the fraternity days continued. (Note: Unfortunately, we lost one of those Eagles fans to an overdose last year after a Monday night game he attended.)

Now, I live in Saugus Ca. where my four year old son has a McNabb jersey that he where’s on occasion and I force my wife to watch Eagles games (she’s not much of sports fan) while my son gets to hear me scream at the TV.
                    “Daddy, why are you yelling at the TV?”
                    “Because only the Eagles could blow a game they could have easily won to Brian Griese at home!!!!”
                    I have been unemployed since my employer’s stock went in the toilet, they were bought out and they decided to axe my division. So, I collect unemployment, coach High School lacrosse and argue with the other asst. (a Nascar-loving Redskins fan who still lives and dies with Gibbs- fag).

I love this board because people make me think about what I wrote and I have to go back and change my mind.

By the way, I love the Bronco story- that’s awesome. The only meeting with an Eagle I ever had was Herschal Walker at my buddies wedding in Conshocken- one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met.

Comment

Good stuff WC. Don't forget to pick the next victim --- uhm, poster!
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Alrighty,

did sfphilly go yet?

Comment

Thanks WC, good stuff... good luck on the job front BTW.... SF has gone, pick another.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to say, that my personnel number, which is my old unit number with a zero added to it, is 1150. And at the current time that I am typing this useless post, that number is going to be my current post count. Of course it wont be the same number after my next post, but I think ya'll already know that.

Hey WCPhan, I know how you felt....living in Gnat territory. I moved into Skins territory just in time to watch them become a dominant program. At work everyone was either a Skins or Girls fan. And my big mouth gave them all the reason to visit me Monday morning after everyone of our losses....which became plentiful under Rich Kotite. I think it just made me a bitter Iggle Phan. Oh, I meant to say Better.
                            Pedro

Comment

How about BowieBirdFan?

Comment

BBF it is..........................

Comment

Working...
                                X