Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT:All Right I'm Calling you all out, one by one 1st MD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT:All Right I'm Calling you all out, one by one 1st MD!

mdfan - We signed the contract Wed. We will own a house in Abingdon on 4/30/08!!!
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
      mdfan - We signed the contract Wed. We will own a house in Abingdon on 4/30/08!!!
      Hey congrats man, the first house is always a good feeling........ we will have to do a beer.

Vin is still on the clock...............

Comment

Hmmm.. I'll give you guys the elevator version:

- west philadelphia born and raised
        - the playground was where i spent most of my days
        - i left for college and really never looked back
        - moved to sf for 9 years
        - moved back oct 06 to save money while working on a new site (http://www.favorite10.com if you don't read the music thread)
        - new site took f'ing forever so i had to give handjobs under the freeway for cash -- aka work for microsoft as a contractor
        - however it's been launched and it rocks!
        - busy trying to make sure this site works and I don't ever have to get an office job again
        - happy to give you guys more details over drinks sometime. i do believe i've been promised a beer or two over the years

back to work.

oh.. been an eagles fan for as long as i could possibly remember. unfortunately some of my most vivid memories of childhood are the games from the marion campbell era. swamp fox my ass. more like swamp shit.

Comment

Ummm, well ok then......

Since we are still waiting on SoCal and Poco the next nominated member is ---- kcas31....................you're up bud!

Comment

Okay here it goes:

Born in 1965 in Harrisburg, PA. I am the last of five kids for my mom and her only child from her second marriage. My Dad was a gospel singer and travelled the country. He left us when I was three. I was and still am the oddball of the family. My family(outside my mother but she has some issues with whites too) are " black revolutionaries" as they see it. I call them racists but to each his own. Being the youngest by far I spent most of my time alone. Got into sports very early. Living in Central PA as Chip can tell you meant a lot of Steeler and PSU fans. The hell with that. I liked the Philly teams. My favorite players were Schmitty, Dr. J and Roynell Young. But I always wanted to become the next Garry Maddux. Baseball was my first love. Anyway played sports as a child but was a bigger bookworm. Didnt play organized sports until a man who would become my father figure ask me to play basketball in the 7th grade. Realized I was pretty good but still loved baseball more. Coach Al was the person who took me to my 1st baseball game (Phillies vs Dodgers), 1st football game (Colts vs. Browns) in Baltimore and 1st Sixer game (Sixers vs Lakers).
            Got to high school where I decided I was going to do whatever I could to get the hell out of Harrisburg and away from my family. Played football, basketball and was going to play baseball but Coach Al told me to come run track until baseball tryouts began. I never went to baseball. Track became my love! Ran the 800 meters and fell in love with beating everybody. Went to the Penn Relays in 1980as a freshman for the 1st time and knew track was what I wanted to do. I gave up the other sports and concentrated on track. My senior year I got offers to go to Michigan State, Stanford, Virginia and Clemson but I wanted to go to Villanova. The Univ of Penn said they would like me to come but no scholarship and I said yes because of the Penn Relays. Of course I had to pay my own way but going to an Ivy League school and being the 1st from my high school ever to go the Ivy League was pretty cool! In college I got to race against the best in the world. I won a few and lost a lot. But hey how many can say I beat Carl Lewis in a race and Edwin Moses in a race on the same day!

Anyway to condense the story met my wife at Penn who is a Philly native and big time Eagles fan. She helped me develop my intense hatred of the the Giants. She graduated 2 years before me and moved to................
            Virginia. I finished up at school and moved to Richmond and here we are. Just celebrated our 20th anniversary on New Years Day. We have 4 great kids(3 boys and 1 girl) with 3 Eagles fans and one Jet fan ( he is strange. loves all thing NY except the Giants) I work for the Attorney General of Virginia as the Deputy Finance Director. Wife and I go Redskin/Eagle game at FedEx field every year but havent been to the Linc yet. I get back to Harrisburg to see friends but still working on issues with family. Was at the philly com boards as rc12 moved over to Jeff's board as kcas31 because it was the acronym for my kids (Kendall, Christian, Aaron and Sydney). I have loved my time here as I love to debate but not argue. Thanks MD for the invite.
            I miss Philly!

Comment

Thanks Kcas31, great stuff........................

We need you to pick someone as our next writer while we still wait on Poco and SoCal and nyc_eagle to join in.............

Comment

What about IMK? Has he gone yet?
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

IMK is fine with me.
                  I miss Philly!

Comment

IMK it is............ IMK you're on the clock....................

Comment

Originally posted by kcas31
                      But hey how many can say I beat Carl Lewis in a race and Edwin Moses in a race on the same day!
                      As a former high school track guy.......WHOA
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                        But hey how many can say I beat Carl Lewis in a race and Edwin Moses in a race on the same day!
                        As a former high school and college track guy.....WHOA!!!! That's some serious experience and accomplishment. There aren't two bigger names in history except maybe Jesse Owens.

Comment

[quote=Flying Dutchman]
                          Originally posted by "balto-eaglefan":5e0c3
                          As a former high school and college track guy.....WHOA!!!! That's some serious experience and accomplishment. There aren't two bigger names in history except maybe Jesse Owens.[/quote:5e0c3]

wait wait wait.... he didn't say he beat them. he just said, "how many people can say...."

Comment

[quote:32c8e]As a former high school and college track guy.....WHOA!!!! That's some serious experience and accomplishment. There aren't two bigger names in history except maybe Jesse Owens.

wait wait wait.... he didn't say he beat them. he just said, "how many people can say...." [/quote:32c8e]

It was a relay race and I got lucky. I was the lead off guy and didnt actually race them head to head. But they were on the other team.

But a win is a win!
                            I miss Philly!

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                              Ditto. I was thrilled to run the mile in under 5 minutes. What a trip that must have been.
                              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

[quote:b3e4a]As a former high school and college track guy.....WHOA!!!! That's some serious experience and accomplishment. There aren't two bigger names in history except maybe Jesse Owens.

wait wait wait.... he didn't say he beat them. he just said, "how many people can say...."

It was a relay race and I got lucky. I was the lead off guy and didnt actually race them head to head. But they were on the other team.

But a win is a win![/quote:b3e4a]

Still, incredible, and you better believe a win is a win...what was it, some sort of US Junior National Team thing? Or...what was that track club that Lewis was on, the Santa Monica Track Club?

I'll never forget, in '96, I was in Atlanta for a business trip, and the US Track and Field trials were going on. A lot of athletes were staying at our hotel. My boss was a dweeb and didn't like it, but I felt like I was surrounded by celebrities, and stopped to talk to them every chance I got. Really great stuff, and one of them did make the team and get a medal in a relay later that year!
                                "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                                — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                                - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                                X