Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn Samuels out with a leg injury already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Damn Samuels out with a leg injury already.

"I think we're going to have to wait and see how Samuel does when the games count before passing judgement on this. "

Exactly, and that is the point of this exchange, from my end anyhow!

Comment

I'm glad the defense increased the odds of having 2 very good CBs on game day by getting a 3rd top CB.

With Lito, long term trend analysis indicates that he will be healthy enough to he a top CB for about 8-10 games a year. So if you only want to win 8-10 games a year, he would be a very good long term investment.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
        Tallest midget.

There's only one reason why Samuel is a more highly regarded FA than Lito (besides the fact, of course, that Lito was not a FA), and that's Lito's missed games.

Let me ask a sincere question here. Take into consideration everything you know about these two, excluding only the injury issues, and which one would you have starting for the Eagles this season? I know my answer, but I am curious to others opinions here.
        Your question is loaded because it asks to "take into consideration everything you know, EXCLUDING ONLY THE INJURY ISSUES". You then proceed to question the answer you recieved because you tried to pose your question in a way that you would recieve the answer you were looking for. Why exclude any portion of the equation?

As I said, I like Lito, but I also know that the last couple of seasons his break on the ball has been just an instant later than before, leading to less interceptions and more big plays against us when his gambling didn't pay off. I don't know if it was the injury (ankle I believe), but I do know that we got a guy with maybe the best break on a ball in the air in the NFL and who has a history of being healthy and causing turnovers. Not a lot to complain about if you ask me.
        I gaze into the doorway of temptation's angry flame
        And every time I pass that way I always hear my name.
        Then onward in my journey I come to understand
        That every hair is numbered like every grain of sand.

Comment

I know exactly what question I was posing, and it was posed that way for a rason. I wanted to see if the only reason some people think Asante is superior to Lito is because of the perceived "injury prone" label. ANd it appears that is in fact the case. I'm satisfied with the responses, even those with injury qualifiers.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"I wanted to see if the only reason some people think Asante is superior to Lito is because of the perceived "injury prone" label. ANd it appears that is in fact the case."

Wow, all I can say is ............ wow.

You can't see the forest for the trees or the apples for the oranges.

Comment

forestreesapplesnchnapples......... I wanted to understand the mindset of the board, and now I do. What's your problem???
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yum...I like apples...

I think the more relevant question is going to be what is Brown's reaction when Lito & Samuels are the starting CB...I would assume he would be ticked and has a case IMO.
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I read something, somewhere, where JJ indicated that the three of them are going to be on the field for more than 50% of the snaps. At this point, I don't care who starts. All three are going to play a lot. Brown is physical enough to play safety anyways, and a secondary with Samuel, Lito, Brown, and Dawkins seems to me to be a flat out nightmare for offenses to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                    Yum...I like apples...

I think the more relevant question is going to be what is Brown's reaction when Lito & Samuels are the starting CB...I would assume he would be ticked and has a case IMO.
                    Sheldon has said that he doesn't mind playing the Nickel role for the short term (I assume this means for this season only).
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                    X