Out of here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of here

Out of here for a bit. A week in SJ doing the cheesesteak, hoagies, pork roll, scrapple thing. Maybe a few of Bobby's crab cakes and butterflied shrimp and a rolling rock at Pat's for old times sake. Then a week in the Crest doing the cheesesteak, hoagies, .....
    I'm crabbing on Thurs but if there is any way to get away on Fri I may take the grandkids (10, 7) up to Lehigh. We'll see.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Re: Out of here

NoDak, have a great time, the weather looks pretty good for the next week.

Comment

Have fun, NoDak....

yummy...scrapple...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
        Have fun, NoDak....

yummy...scrapple...
        Of all the great foods I miss from the Philadelphia area, scrapple is NOT on the list! Used to try to disguise the taste with
        about a pound of grape jelly when my mother served it.

Nodak,

Enjoy the Crest, that great wide beach, and all that wonderful board walk food. Nothin' like it!

BTW, read an article recently about Wildwood's economic and social come back. It's now considered funky chic! Really
        made me a little home sick, as my brothers and I used to vacation with my parents each summer in the Crest when I was a kid.

An early morning game of Home Run Derby at the little league field, followed by a day of body surfing on the beach, and then a night on the board walk
        of rides, too much food, and checking out all the sexy/nasty South Philly girls in their short shorts and halter tops.

To quote Donald Sutherland from MASH, "Finest kind!"

Have fun!

Comment

Hey NoDak let me know if you're in the area and I'll try to meet up with you for a beer at Pat's (now called Brewsters).
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
            Of all the great foods I miss from the Philadelphia area, scrapple is NOT on the list! Used to try to disguise the taste with
            Hater!
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
              Hater!
              That's one of the main reasons I moved away from Philly...so I'd never have to see, smell, or taste scrapple again.

Comment

I love it here in The Villages where we can get out Habersett's! It ranks right up there with the Yeungling Beer.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                  Hater!
                  That's one of the main reasons I moved away from Philly...so I'd never have to see, smell, or taste scrapple again.

I'm with you tino. If I get a craving for cow face and tongue I'll go make out with a fat chick. Scrapple is just plain nasty!!!!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                  X