X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cobbservations....

Written by Garry Cobb
    Tuesday, 29 July 2008
    Eagles defensive end Chris Clemons looked bad today when he left the field because of dehydration.
    He was carted off and the training staff had to help him walk into the training room. He looked bad. It was as if he couldn't walk at all. I've just learned that he has been hospitalized.

Sheldon Brown picked off an out route thrown by Kevin Kolb and took it back the distance for a touchdown. Kolb has to get rid of the outroutes quicker. If you don't throw it right away you can't throw it.

Joe Mays is a sure tackler. He's a good football player.

Quintin Demps is tentative as a blitzer. He's much more comfortable breaking on a throw rather than blitzling.

Rookie Andy Studebacker is overmatched both as a defensive end and as a linebacker.

A.J. Feeley hooked up on a nice pass to wide receiver Jamal Jones. Jones beat J.R. Reed to the corner of the end zone.

Cobb says the Eagles will use Westy and Booker on the field at the same time, and he is uncoverable by a LB (Booker)

Refers to D Jackson as a "gamebreaker" that the Eagles MUST get on the field.

The Eagles offense looks good. Donovan McNabb looks healthy and he seems to be at mid-season form.
    He hit Kevin Curtis on a nice touchdown throw down the left sideline. He got behind safety Sean Considine and cornerback Nick Graham.

The Eagles got some red zone work as McNabb hit Brent Celek on the two yard line but he couldn't get into the endzone.

They scored on a dive play with Brian Westbrook running it in behind left guard Todd Herremans and center Jamaal Jackson.

McNabb was scattering the ball around to all of his recievers. He hit Westbrook on a wide route, then Lorenzo Booker, then Curtis, then Reggie Brown on a comeback.

More than any other time since they've been here, the Eagles offense is going to be getting closer to what Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg have dreamed of doing.

They're going to be getting the ball into the hands of all of their receivers. They're going to mix up the formations and confuse defenses with Westbrook, Booker and DeSean Jackson lined up all over the place.

Defenses are going to have five receivers to worry about on each play. There's no telling where McNabb will go with the football.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Re: More Cobbservations....

Eagles Staff Excited About Booker
    Written by Garry Cobb
    Tuesday, 29 July 2008
    Andy Reid won't just come out and say it but the Eagles are thrilled with what they see out of Lorenzo Booker.
    Reid said he liked the patience Booker has shown. He was referring to his patience in the running game. I like his patience in the passing game as well.

At the early practice this morning, safety Quintin Mikell tried to cover him in a one on one drill and it was like a joke. He turned Mikell around and left him there with his jock laying on the ground.

I don't want to overdo it but teams are going to have headaches trying to keep track of Booker and Brian Westbrook.

I was standing on the sideline chatting with Mike Quick and he was saying the same thing.

Booker has picked up the assignments of this offense in less than a year.

Those of you who wonder why he was let go by the Dolphins need to look at the type of offense a Bill Parcells team runs. They don't throw the ball to their running backs. Parcells like size in linemen and his backs.

Booker fits here in this system but didn't fit in what Parcells wants to do.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      Eagles Staff Excited About Booker
      Written by Garry Cobb
      Tuesday, 29 July 2008
      Andy Reid won't just come out and say it but the Eagles are thrilled with what they see out of Lorenzo Booker.
      Reid said he liked the patience Booker has shown. He was referring to his patience in the running game. I like his patience in the passing game as well.

At the early practice this morning, safety Quintin Mikell tried to cover him in a one on one drill and it was like a joke. He turned Mikell around and left him there with his jock laying on the ground.

I don't want to overdo it but teams are going to have headaches trying to keep track of Booker and Brian Westbrook.

I was standing on the sideline chatting with Mike Quick and he was saying the same thing.

Booker has picked up the assignments of this offense in less than a year.

Those of you who wonder why he was let go by the Dolphins need to look at the type of offense a Bill Parcells team runs. They don't throw the ball to their running backs. Parcells like size in linemen and his backs.

Booker fits here in this system but didn't fit in what Parcells wants to do.
      Westbrook should have took the money while it was there. I could see Booker's development as reason for the FO to lessen the offer or even take the offer off the table.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Thanks for posting, Fresh

Cobb is a little off here....it was actually Cameron who did not use Booker and it was mostly due to Booker's struggles with blocking. I wonder if Reid/Marty want to use both Westy & Booker so Brian can stay into block while his clone (Booker) goes out in routes...that way they get the benefit of Westbrook without putting McNabb in jeopardy or send both out keeping a TE into protect.

Sure, Parcells traded Booker, but I think that was secondary to Cameron's feedback.
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
          Thanks for posting, Fresh

Cobb is a little off here....it was actually Cameron who did not use Booker and it was mostly due to Booker's struggles with blocking. I wonder if Reid/Marty want to use both Westy & Booker so Brian can stay into block while his clone (Booker) goes out in routes...that way they get the benefit of Westbrook without putting McNabb in jeopardy or send both out keeping a TE into protect.

Sure, Parcells traded Booker, but I think that was secondary to Cameron's feedback.
          That's interesting. Somewhere, I just read the report that Booker is "blowing up LBs" in Lehigh. I'll try to remember where.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
            it was actually Cameron who did not use Booker and it was mostly due to Booker's struggles with blocking.
            Source?
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
            X