Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Otah or Felix Jones would be very useful on this team

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
    I *rarely* side with VFK on anything but it's hard to question specific people in a draft. You can look at a whole body of work for a GM and make conclusions (say Matt Millen's 18 WRs in the first round in a row) but it's hard to say "we should have taken this person instead of that person" in a specific draft.

That being said, the Eagles drafts have been less than stellar under Reid.

I can think of one year where they did well: Lito and Doo Doo.

Let me rephrase my argument a bit, see if it makes more sense.

The Eagles made a big deal after this year's draft about how they were going to get more from this draft class right away, singling out Jackson, Laws and Booker in particular.

They said that because they knew they needed some instant impact from this draft if they wanted better results this year. And because of the sense of urgency stemming from the advancing ages of key players like McNabb, Dawkins, etc.

But it hasn't really panned out. Jackson has been as good as advertised, but Laws and Booker have done nothing.

I think it's clear they would have helped this year's team more by taking their guy at 19 -- whether it was Otah, Jones, or whoever -- than trading down for more guys who have not helped (Laws, McGlynn) and hoping for a big haul next year.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

WAAAAY to early for that kind of talk, LT. This could turn out to be a pretty stellar draft.Guys lie Mays, Laws, Dunlap, etc might have a pretty bright future here.

Anybody else notice that Jed Collins was released from the practice squad?? Are we just throwing darts at a board when it comes to the FB position? What are we doing? I'm just curious......
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I agree with Fresh, you are being premature.

Laws has been fine, the DT have done well overall and we did need help there. The Eagles felt that was a strength which allowed them to shift Klecko to FB. Laws has not done nothing.

Jackson has been fantastic, way better than I thought he would be.

Booker has not found a role here yet and has definitely been a dissapointment so far, but the season is not over and he has talent.
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

You guys want to say this is premature, that's fine. I accept that. It's a fair response.

From my vantage point, the Eagles are 3-3 and going nowhere this year, so I'm ready to start these discussions now!
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Man!!! You really are premature! I feel sorry for your wife.

Season's not over, LT. Not by a long shot. Once we've lost 6 games, then the season will be over.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

yep. Which is why it's so annoying that they keep thinking Westy is a cog and was such bs when they tried to screw him (yeah yeah, save the millionaire contract stuff if you are inclined to spout about that) on his deal.
              How did they try to screw Westy?

Comment

Agreed. They treated Westy fairly.

In fact, after we did what we could to pay him like a top RB, how great of a season is he having??? Needs to get on the field, and that has always been a concern with him.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH

In fact, after we did what we could to pay him like a top RB, how great of a season is he having??? Needs to get on the field, and that has always been a concern with him.
                  I'm surprised that you missed this one my friend. You don't remember his last contract, when they wouldn't give him anything close to the kind of money a ballplayer that he is deserved? He did the good soldier crap and went to camp.He was their only playmaker at the time and he signed a week into the season for 5 yeats for 25 million when LT had just signed for twice that amount. And then they make an accounting error and want the money back after he's paid taxes on it. I hate this FO.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

activity here during G1 of the WS?

Come on Phils!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fly

Come on Phils!!!

This game is fucking killing me.

Ryan Howard steps up big time.

Comment

Originally posted by fly

Come on Phils!!!

this entire series is going to be painful regardless of outcome. how will i sleep over the next 5-10 nights?

Comment

Originally posted by fly
                          Originally posted by fly

Come on Phils!!!

this entire series is going to be painful regardless of outcome. how will i sleep over the next 5-10 nights?

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
                            Originally posted by FRESH

I'm surprised that you missed this one my friend. You don't remember his last contract, when they wouldn't give him anything close to the kind of money a ballplayer that he is deserved? He did the good soldier crap and went to camp.He was their only playmaker at the time and he signed a week into the season for 5 yeats for 25 million when LT had just signed for twice that amount. And then they make an accounting error and want the money back after he's paid taxes on it. I hate this FO.
                            They didn't want the money back the NFL MADE them get it back. The Eagles had no choice.

Good soldier crap because he went to camp? He's supposed to go to camp. The reason he only got $25 million is because of his injury history. LT was never injured and IMO a better RB than Westbrook is. At least as a runner. But Westbrook didn't have to sign the $25 million deal.
                            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                            X