X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye wade Phillips.

Comment

• I hope not,let the saga continue
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Loved it. Loved it loved it loved it!!!!!!

1 -4 bitches!!!!!!! Thank Favre!!!
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I don't know if you guys understand that at 1-4, the chances of the Cowboys making the playoffs is at abotu 10%. And that's during a year when they were SB at Home or Bust!

HHAHAHAHAHHA. DALLAS SUCKS!

Comment

• I'd really like to see how many preseason pundits had them pegged to win the SB, win the NFC, or just win the NFC East (probably everyone there!)
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              I don't know if you guys understand that at 1-4, the chances of the Cowboys making the playoffs is at abotu 10%. And that's during a year when they were SB at Home or Bust!

HHAHAHAHAHHA. DALLAS SUCKS!

Any chance they go 9-2 and get a wild card berth??

I wish they could figure out a "magic number" for when the Cowgirls get eliminated. But by the time we play them on November 12, the Eagles might be the team that finally knocks them out of playoff contention, in their house!
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

• Enjoy!!!

Cowboys are dead (and dumb) team walking

Posted Sunday, Oct. 17, 2010
                By Randy Galloway
                rgalloway@ star-telegram.com

MINNEAPOLIS -- If nothing else, at least reality finally reached out here late Sunday afternoon and smacked the Dallas Cowboys upside their confused and bruised heads.

Another opponent, in this case the equally struggling Vikings, had been dominated for most of the football action, but doing all the dumb stuff the Cowboys do, they managed to lose again, a procedure that has happened four times in five games, so losing now qualifies as a Cowboys art form.

But the latest shame, a 24-21 stinker of an L, didn't come with the shoulder-shrugging bravado and the "we'll bounce back" lies of previous postgame empty optimism.

Instead, this stunned locker-room scene was more along the lines of, "Guess what, boys, we've got big problems."

Hello, real world. In the real world, the damn season is over. There is no recovery from 1-4.

Since linebacker Bradie James was very, very good on Sunday, probably the best of several who played their butts off on that side of the ball, he deserved the opportunity to offer perspective.

"My only explanation," he said, "is I don't have an explanation, because how could this have happened to this team? I hate it we are 1-4, but that's where we are.

"My next objective, starting [today] is to try and make sure this team doesn't totally crumble."

Well, Bradie, sorry, man, but...

If 1-4 isn't a confirmed crumble, and if this latest loss doesn't qualify as the final, final crumble, then the rest of the season is really going to be a hard-to-stomach doozy.

The appropriate tag for this season's Cowboys might be gutless pigs.

Except that's unfair. To pigs. And also unfair to most of the team. This is the scary part:
                The Cowboys played hard Sunday. There was no quit. Same as last week. But it's a dumb team, the dumbest in the NFL, and it continues to lose on self-inflicted stupidity.

The Vikings were so bad, they had an embarrassing 188 yards of offense. And won with it, a statistical contradiction that last happened in 2005 for Minnesota.

But the winner doesn't fret over 188 yards of total offense. That's for the loser to lament.

Easy explanation, of course. The same explanation as against the Titans last week, and basically the same as in the four losses.

Penalties. Turnovers. And yet another special-teams coverage gaffe that totally turned the game, this being Percy Harvin's 95-yard kickoff return to open the second half.

The Cowboys led 14-7 and had dominated the first half.

The penalties-turnovers-special teams trifecta has surfaced, of course, with maddening frequency this season.

Of course, it's also a trifecta that describes a bad football team, and as much as the blame goes to the head coach and his staff, there is certainly no reason to exclude the players from this messy repeat.

The favorite color of the NFL this month is pink, and that's for a good charity. Except the Cowboys have even disrupted that worthy cause.

This team's favorite color is yellow. As in flags. And the penalties have certainly made it a charitable cause. For the other team.

On Sunday, it was 11 penalties for 91 yards, but that doesn't even describe the cost factor. For instance, receiver Miles Austin busted loose on an inside slant early in the second quarter. He had the coverage beaten inside, and was gone for a 68-yard TD, except...

For no good reason, an excellent receiver like Austin reached out with his right hand before catching the ball and gave the corner a push, which resulted in the corner, who had blown his assignment, doing a falling-down act. Sure, the flag fell. It was a good act.

I repeat: Austin already had the man beaten to the inside. He didn't need that right hand. Maddening.

Austin was also involved in yet another end-zone celebration flag, this time for a leapfrog over Roy Williams after the Cowboys' first touchdown.

Again, these are the Cowboys' best players doing this stupid stuff.

Turnovers?

Tony Romo threw two picks, resulting in a short-field 10 points for the Vikings. The first interception wasn't Romo's fault. Defensive end Jared Allen roared around tackle Doug Free, who is sliding fast in performance after a strong start at the position.

Allen forced Romo into a quick release, his pass hit a helmet, bounced in the air, and the Vikings had it, then had a touchdown.

But the killer pick from Romo came late in the fourth quarter with the score tied 21-21. On a third-and-1, where Marion Barber and the offensive line had been successful all afternoon in short yardage, Romo attempted a pass.

Why? Who knows.

This was simply an awful underthrown attempt to Jason Witten. The Vikings ended up with the ball at the Cowboys' 30 and ended up with the game-winning field goal with 4:03 to play.

A pass-interference call on Mike Jenkins allowed the Vikings to basically run out the clock two possessions later.

But the quarterback cannot make that pick of a throw in that fourth-quarter spot.

Tony is regressing. The whole team is following him down the dumper, a routine flush when a QB goes bad.

Williams, the Cowboys' most consistent offensive player through five games (consider that my apology to Uno Uno for all the bad things I've said about him in the past) summed up Sunday this way after catching two touchdown passes:

"The Cowboys beat the Cowboys for the fourth time this year. We beat ourselves one more time. How many times are we going to do that?"

Then Williams started doing the math on how there could still be 10 wins on the season with 11 games remaining.

OK, consider Roy a tad slow in accepting reality.

But dead is dead. And that's the state of the season.

Randy Galloway can be heard on Galloway & Co. weekdays 3-6 p.m. on ESPN/103.3 FM.
                Randy Galloway, 817-390-7697

Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 10-18-2010, 01:26 AM.
                — Michael Strahan

Comment

• More good news: their QB Goober Pyle is now 4th in the NFL in interceptions. Keep up the good work there!
                  — Michael Strahan

Comment

• Still more good news:
                    Tim Cowlinshaw of the Dallas Morning News declares the Cowgirls' season "over"

......and he also points out that the Cowgirls have never made the playoffs after starting a season 1-4 or worse. They're 0 for 6 so far.

Jean-Jacques Taylor of the same newspaper says the Cowgirls are "an NFL joke" here......
                    Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 10-18-2010, 01:43 AM.
                    — Michael Strahan

Comment

• Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                      Still more good news:
                      Tim Cowlinshaw of the Dallas Morning News declares the Cowgirls' season "over"

......and he also points out that the Cowgirls have never made the playoffs after starting a season 1-4 or worse. They're 0 for 6 so far.

Jean-Jacques Taylor of the same newspaper says the Cowgirls are "an NFL joke" here......

All of this gives me the warm fuzzies. However, I'll feel even better when they have 4 more loses, are mathmatically eliminated, and we get to hear
                      Jerry's latest attempt to shift blame for his continued failings.

Comment

• The appropriate tag for this season's Cowboys might be gutless pigs.
                        But the quarterback cannot make that pick of a throw in that fourth-quarter spot.

Tony is regressing. The whole team is following him down the dumper, a routine flush when a QB goes bad.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                          This thread needs a bump!
                          — Michael Strahan

Comment

• Latest and greatest from Valley Ranch:
                            Cupcake-ing of these Cowboys officially complete

Posted Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2010
                            By Jennifer Floyd Engel
                            [email protected]

Not everybody got to go to New York City to watch the juicy goodness that was A-Fraud reacting to Bengie Molina's bomb and flash claws and antlers and tusks with enthusiasm and watch actual winners, as judged by final score not meaningless stats.

No, a few of us have been left to fight the battle at home.

And what a mess we have with this pack of delusional stat mongers that are the Cowboys.

This is not about their 1-4 problem, or their penalty problem, or their lack of leadership and accountability problem, or their coaching problem, or their turnover problem, or even their GM problem, or their QB problem, or their stupid problem, or their entitled problem, or their O-line problem, or their coverage problem.

It is rather about how they do not have any problems at all.

"A lot of people say the old saying, 'You are what you are,'" Jones said on his weekly appearance on The Fan. "We are not that team. Our team is doing some very good things."

He went on to call them "dominant" and uttered the phrase "playing that well" non-facetiously with regards to this Cowboys bunch and kind of-sort of hint at Super Bowl aspirations for them.

"I believe we can turn things around," Jerry said. "While the odds are against us, we can make all the things happen that we wanted to do this year."

Make room for another banner next to "Bye week = Playoff victory:" We officially are the best bad team in NFL history.
                            Woo-hoo. And with that idiocy, the cupcake-ing of this franchise is officially complete. Everybody in this organization from players to coaches to Jerry now lives in Wade's World where statistical victories merit pizza parties with a bounce house and the final scoreboard is to be ignored and 1-4 is not really indicative of what they are.

"I guess we think we're a better 1-4 team than some teams that are 1-4," Pizza Party Wade said.

I wonder who put that load of garbage in their heads. Here is the truth. There are no good 1-4 teams, just like there are no bad 4-1 teams. You really are what you are, and Wade's "tallest of the seven dwarfs" shtick that he has been dropping since his arrival frankly has grown tiresome.

A franchise and owner that used to be about Super Bowls has stooped to celebrating holding a team to fewer than 200 yards in a loss, or celebrating generating 500-plus yards in a loss, or celebrating minutia victories in loss after loss after loss and pretending the "L" is basically like a "W" as a result.

"We took the tape apart yesterday and looked at the play of every player, looked at his effort, looked at the things that we're doing and those usually win ballgames," Jerry said in that same radio interview, and I have to admit I would have struggled not to interrupt and say, "Have you lost your mind?"

"If you keep putting that foot in front of the other, I believe in these guys," Jerry finished, "I believe in the coaching staff; I believe in Wade Phillips."

I'll have what he is having. Double shot actually.

And The NFL Network may want to rebroadcast whatever film Jerry & Co. watched because their version seems a lot better than what I watched on Sunday in Minny. Was it the Wes Phillips' cut?

You are that team, or did you miss the kickoff return for a touchdown to open the second half? And a big reason why Brett Favre and his Vikings had fewer than 200 yards was because your QB handed them short fields via turnover all game. And your QB has struggled because your O-line has been marginal at best. And your comeback was stymied because your team is penalty riddled. And on and on...

This is who you are. There are reasons you are losing, and dismissing said reasons as media negativity is why this is who you are and why change seems highly unlikely.

The first step in changing is admitting you have a problem, not staking claim to "The Best Bad Team" trophy.

You don't get to pull off the stupidest pre-halftime play ever, fail to sack Jay Cutler, lose at home to the Bears, have an excessive celebration penalty cost you the Titans game, get another celebration penalty the next week, keep calling the same failed screen play, turn the ball over repeatedly, fail to generate any turnovers of significance, have your best players fail to step up, lose four of your first five games in a season you slapped Super Bowl expectations upon and not have people call you on your delusional state of mind when you try to pretend you are a good team.

Yes, it is ugly for those of us left here at home.

There are no claws, antlers or tusks, no scoreboard victories, no actual "Ws" to celebrate, just the somewhat disputable contention of being The Best 1-4 Team in NFL History.

Oh, boy. What fun for us.

So to amuse ourselves, play along with me on Twitter (@engeljen) in the #jerryjonesisoncrackmeme to finish this sentence:
                            "The Cowboys being the best 1-4 team in NFL history is like being..."

There are no bad answers, this being Cowboy related.

Because at Valley Ranch, everybody is a winner even when they clearly are not. Jennifer Floyd Engel, 817-390-7697
                            I'm not on twitter, but if that last part is legit, Eagles fans could have some serious fun with that!
                            — Michael Strahan

Comment

• From the Dallas Morning News: Jerrah won't fire Wade and then hire Cowher, because it would mean that Cowher would be in charge.

The newspaper also mentioned a poll in Sports Illustrated - they asked 239 NFL players who the most overrated player in the NFL is. The results?
                              15% Terrell Owens
                              7% Tony Romo
                              Albert Haynesworth
                              Mark Sanchez
                              Eli Manning
                              The votes were apparently taken in the preseason, and in the first couple of weeks of the season. I wonder how things would go now?
                              — Michael Strahan

Comment

• "Who cares if we win??? Let's have a pizza party!!!"

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                                X