the remaining playoff scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the remaining playoff scenarios

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Chicago got the last wild card spot.

Philadelphia Eagles - Can clinch a wild-card spot with a win against Dallas, a loss by Tampa Bay at home against Oakland, and either of these two: a loss by Chicago in either of their remaining games, or a loss by Minnesota.

Dallas Cowboys - Can clinch a wild-card spot with a win over Philadelphia.

Minnesota Vikings - Can clinch the NFC North title if they win or Chicago loses. Couldn't find what their wild card scenarios are, if any.

Chicago Bears - Can clinch the NFC North if they win their final two games and the Vikings lose Sunday to the Giants. Can clinch a wild-card spot if they win their final two games, and both Tampa Bay and Dallas lose their finales.

Tampa Bay - Can clinch a wild card spot with a win over Oakland at home, plus a Dallas loss to Philadelphia.
    Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-22-2008, 09:35 AM.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Just great. I have to choose between beating Dallas and regime change. This stinks Andy!
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Can you imagine if Chicago actually gets in?? They're now 9-6 (?!?) and.........

They play a Houston Texans team next week that's already been eliminated.

Brad Childress is starting Tarvaris Jackson over now-healthy Gus Frerotte for the Vikes against NY's subs. I could still see the Vikes losing that game.

Tampa Bay's defense, long a strength for that team, has not been playing well over the last 3 games, and the Bucs under Gruden are 9-16 in their last 25 November-December games. Maybe they'll wish Tony Dungy was back?

Dallas has been just as Jekyll-and-Hyde as we've been.

It could happen!
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
        Just great. I have to choose between beating Dallas and regime change. This stinks Andy!
        And there's the rub. If we don't make the playoffs, those three wins might hurt us in the long run.

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
        Maybe they'll wish Tony Dungy was back?
        Not when Gruden shows them the Super Bowl ring he brought them (at our expense.)

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
          Toga, you really think that this game is the difference, this game is gonna make up Luries mind?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            Not when Gruden shows them the Super Bowl ring he brought them (at our expense.)
            Somebody in a Tampa newspaper was giving Dungy the credit, suggesting that Gruden was more lucky than good, and has reverted to form since then.
            — Michael Strahan

Comment

Somebody in a Tampa newspaper was giving Dungy the credit, suggesting that Gruden was more lucky than good, and has reverted to form since then.
              Yeah but that's like saying Phil Jackson didn't get the Lakers their championships.

I hate Phil as much as anyone but he took them over the top when other coaches couldn't with the same talent.

Comment

Hey, just tellin' you what he wrote! Barry Switzer could've lost with Jimmy Johnson's players too!
                — Michael Strahan

Comment

Hey, just tellin' you what he wrote! Barry Switzer could've lost with Jimmy Johnson's players too!
                  Rich Kotite couldve WON with Jimmy JOhnson's players.

Rich: "uhh, troy, emmit, cokehead... come here.. huddle up.... we're down. let's uh win this game. on three..."

Comment

I guess we now need Tampa to lose and Chicago to lose their final games. both are playing inferior teams, Tampa at home and Chicago on the road. Seems very unlikely to happen but stranger things have happened.

Comment

That could be said, except that Grudens old team also made it to the SB. And who knows if he were caoaching they may have won. Also if not for the tuck rule play against NE, It would have been Gruden and the raiders playing the rams not NE. I can't see where his old form would be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55 View Post
                        I guess we now need Tampa to lose and Chicago to lose their final games. both are playing inferior teams, Tampa at home and Chicago on the road. Seems very unlikely to happen but stranger things have happened.
                        The Eagles need EITHER a Chicago loss OR a Minnesota loss, in addition to a win over Dallas and a Tampa Bay loss.

Comment

Gotta admit, one of the PDN guys raised this point....because we're the late game, if TB wins, then there's a pretty fair chance that the Eagles will come out flat. I mean, most of the week, you're practicing with the hope that you'll have something to play for at 4 pm on Sunday. At noon Sunday, you're still hoping. By 4 pm, if your hopes are dashed, you probably take the field thinking, "Yeah, well, whatever." If Tampa wins, I hope the Eagles play to vent and take out frustrations on the Pukes, no matter what the score is.
                          — Michael Strahan

Comment

If Tampa wins, I hope the Eagles play to vent and take out frustrations on the Pukes, no matter what the score is.
                            Nah. Not this team. Maybe Dawk.

Comment

Working...
                            X