Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never say never -- and other stuff........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Who said he did? Anybody?

This place still cracks me up -- the bottom line all season was the bucks stops with Reid, it's all his fault, his players ,his motivation his play calls ETC ETC ETC....he IS the captain of the ship----- but when things go right -- for whatever reason... seems the buck doesn't stop there!

Just cracks me up!
    Okay, Reid did a great job yesterday.

But why was the team so flat last week, and so emotional this week?
    Why was the running game completely abandoned last week, and suddenly rediscovered this week?
    Where was Buckhalter last week?
    When did Reid suddenly discover that the offense worked better without L.J. Smith?
    Should we also give credit to Reid for Oakland's victory over Tampa Bay and the Texans victory over the Bears?

It seems to me that the reason that the Eagles have been inconsistent is because the coaching has been inconsistent. Yes, the buck does stop at the coach's desk. And Reid's job has probably been saved because of yesterday's victory. So, in a very real sense, he will receive adequate credit for the win -- just as he should have received scorn if the team lost.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Agree. We are 9-6-1 and needed some near-miraculous help to get a sixth seed. That's all that we've accomplished. It's actually a bigger miracle that we made the playoffs this year, than it was in 2006 IMO. Reid's biggest credit this year is that he kept the team from falling apart, but he does also deserve blame for where the team's fallen short, and could still fall short, against some tougher upcoming teams. Our defense really looks great, but we're still waiting to see if we'll get play balance and consistency in that offense.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
        Okay, Reid did a great job yesterday.

But why was the team so flat last week, and so emotional this week?
        Why was the running game completely abandoned last week, and suddenly rediscovered this week?
        Where was Buckhalter last week?
        When did Reid suddenly discover that the offense worked better without L.J. Smith?
        Should we also give credit to Reid for Oakland's victory over Tampa Bay and the Texans victory over the Bears?

It seems to me that the reason that the Eagles have been inconsistent is because the coaching has been inconsistent. Yes, the buck does stop at the coach's desk. And Reid's job has probably been saved because of yesterday's victory. So, in a very real sense, he will receive adequate credit for the win -- just as he should have received scorn if the team lost.
        It's ironic that in a thread discussing Reid's shortcomings that you're mockingly suggesting he get credit for Tampa's loss yesterday. Tampa, coached by Jon Gruden, who many Philadelphians pined for during the red-hot "Reid must go!!1!" moments of 2008.

Should Reid get credit for Tampa losing yesterday? Of course not. But the differences between the Reid coached Eagles and the Gruden coached Bucs SHOULD be highlighted, IMO.

Comment

I sense something in Reid. During his press conference, there is a bit of levity in his voice. He seemed rather sincere and almost playful.

For better and worse, he does keep his team together and the players have never quit on him. If Reid maintains some semblance of balance on offense AND the defense continues to pour it on opponents, this may be a startling playoff run...

Comment

Not if we can just tank one like we did last week.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"Should we also give credit to Reid for Oakland's victory over Tampa Bay and the Texans victory over the Bears?"

Yeah, according to some on this board EVERYTHING, (EVERYTHING) that happens ends up on Reids doorstep, so why not-- probably has something to do with Gruden and Reid.

Comment

I always believe the team is going to win the WS or the SB before the season starts and continue to believe it until they are totally eliminated. It is just the way I am. Never give up or lose your belief until there are no other options.
                As for Andy, I have beat him up for things he does but, as others have said, you have to give it up for him this week. He had the boys ready to play. He used Buck. He didn't shave. He made it happen. That doesn't take away from other games but you can't take this game away.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X