McNabb = choker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    So does yesterday's game qualify as a big game? You know, the kind in which some Eagles fans claim Donovan McNabb never shows up to play. If your answer is no, then why doesn't it?
    Of course, yesterday's game was big. McNabb played well. Personally, I think McNabb would have won a SB with the Eagles if not for Andy's in-game tactics and strategies...

Comment

But he never wins big games. LOL!

Especially against good teams. LOL Again.

Comment

I think the Eagles would have won yesterday even if Jeff Garcia were the QB.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          I think the Eagles would have won yesterday even if Jeff Garcia were the QB.

Now you are pushing it Fresh!!!!
          I miss Philly!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            We didn't get to see a "crunch - time" game on the line situation yesterday, so who can say if he would have choked again or not?

Maybe we will find out next week?
            It would be fine with me if we have 4 more games like yesterday to finish out. We can find out about the "choker" collar next season.

Comment

If we win four more games, then by definition any question of DMac as a choker is ended forever. Case in point, Peyton Manning, who was both a whiner and choker until the Colts won.
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                John Smallwood: Eagles QB McNabb beats the rap in big win over Dallas

By John Smallwood

SO DOES yesterday's game qualify as a big game? You know, the kind in which some Eagles fans claim Donovan McNabb never shows up to play. If your answer is no, then why doesn't it?

This game against the Dallas Cowboys wasn't just do-or-die for the NFC's final wild-card spot.
                It was possibly do-or-get-out-of-town for a number of Eagles, starting with McNabb.

The funny thing is that the brilliance of McNabb's performance could easily be lost in the magnificence of the Eagles' 44-6 dismantling of the Cowboys.

His final statistics (12-for-21 for 175 yards) weren't eye-catching, but remember that this was a 3-3 game after the first quarter.
                Then McNabb put together a highlight-reel performance that sent the odds-defying Eagles into an improbable playoff game Sunday at Minnesota.

In the second quarter, McNabb completed nine of 13 passes for 139 yards with two touchdowns. He also had a 1-yard touchdown run.
                The Eagles went ahead, 27-3, to all but seal the game.

It was the biggest game in which McNabb has played since the Eagles lost the Super Bowl in February 2005.

He showed up.
                This is Smallwood really missing the point. Most Philadelphia fans have never said Donovan didn't win a big game before. Obviously, he's won a lot of playoff games. But especially since 2004, what we've seen is him coming up short late in games when he appears fatigued and lacks a true sense of urgency. In his last 9 NFC East games with a chance to tie or win late in the last 3 minutes, he's 0-9. That's what fans mean when they say Donovan doesn't come up big. DMAC has always been good at rolling up the score when they build a comfortable lead early. Where's he's struggled is late with a chance to win, like in the Bears game, home Giants game, both Washington games, and the Dallas road game.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinKolb4SB View Post
                  This is Smallwood really missing the point. Most Philadelphia fans have never said Donovan didn't win a big game before. Obviously, he's won a lot of playoff games. But especially since 2004, what we've seen is him coming up short late in games when he appears fatigued and lacks a true sense of urgency. In his last 9 NFC East games with a chance to tie or win late in the last 3 minutes, he's 0-9. That's what fans mean when they say Donovan doesn't come up big. DMAC has always been good at rolling up the score when they build a comfortable lead early. Where's he's struggled is late with a chance to win, like in the Bears game, home Giants game, both Washington games, and the Dallas road game.
                  It's impossible to show urgency when your coach insists on calling every playing during a hurry-up situation.
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

The problem with MD's whole approach is that Mcnabb needs to be consistent from week to week. For all intensive purposes, he did not get it done in Washington last week and that is why we should be home now watching the playoffs. To point to one week and now say Mcnabb showed up...please. He played well yesterday, but the game was non-competitive. I would be far more impressed if we were down 21-17 and he led us on a TD drive in the final moments to win. Not saying I'm not thrilled by the win, but Mcnabb is 0-9 in NFC East games when he's had a chance to tie or go ahead in the last 3 minutes. Win a close game with the money on the line where you are tied or trail and then I will be impressed. Mcnabb has always been good at piling it on during blowouts.
                    What an idiot. 6 dropped first down passes and a TD. No run game that left him with many third and longs. Add the passes and yardage and he had a very good game on a miserable day.

And I guess you didn't watch Sunday's game, since McNabb got all of his stats in the second quarter when we pulled away. The blowout occurred after McNabb got us up 24-3. You are pathetic.
                    Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                      What an idiot. 6 dropped first down passes and a TD. No run game that left him with many third and longs. Add the passes and yardage and he had a very good game on a miserable day.

And I guess you didn't watch Sunday's game, since McNabb got all of his stats in the second quarter when we pulled away. The blowout occurred after McNabb got us up 24-3. You are pathetic.
                      As Greg Cosell accurately pointed out, Mcnabb has been bad in the two minute drill because he can't stick the ball in tight windows downfield and keeps throwing 4 or 5 yard passes in bounds, so the clock runs and runs and runs. While I don't blame Mcnabb for the drops, the lack of urgency in the last drive was appalling and reminded us all of the Super Bowl. Mcnabb's failing to take shots downfield and taking too long to get into the huddle resulted in us directly running out of time, which unfortunately, is all too typical.

I didnt' say Mcnabb can't play in the first 3 quarters. What I said was that in 4th quarters late, where the team needs a score, he has been dreadful.

Comment

As Greg Cosell accurately pointed out, Mcnabb has been bad in the two minute drill because he can't stick the ball in tight windows downfield and keeps throwing 4 or 5 yard passes in bounds, so the clock runs and runs and runs. While I don't blame Mcnabb for the drops, the lack of urgency in the last drive was appalling and reminded us all of the Super Bowl. Mcnabb's failing to take shots downfield and taking too long to get into the huddle resulted in us directly running out of time, which unfortunately, is all too typical.

I didnt' say Mcnabb can't play in the first 3 quarters. What I said was that in 4th quarters late, where the team needs a score, he has been dreadful.
                        Like I said, lack of urgency is 90% on Reid for not giving his QB some more freedom.

Also Maybe he isn't throwing to the outside because The WRs can't get open. Neither Curtis or Jackson are big enough to go up and fight for the ball, and Avant is too slow to run sideline routes. Although that pass to Jackson in the endzone looked pretty sweet until it dropped through Jackson's hands.

McNabb is not an inaccurate passer. Sometimes his technique gets sloppy and his passes end up in the dirt, however when his technique is correct he can really thread a needle.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                          McNabb is not an inaccurate passer. Sometimes his technique gets sloppy and his passes end up in the dirt, however when his technique is correct he can really thread a needle.

Think about this statment for a second. If he was accurate, he wouldn't throw things into the dirt. This is the biggest "excuse" statement i've seen in a while. This is like saying "well, TO isn't a nut case. Just sometimes his mind takes over and he spouts off to the media." McNabb is what he is. We all know and acknowledge that his biggest weakness is accuracy. Even the biggest McNabb supporters will concede this point. The flaw here is that Reid has known this for 10 years and has failed to adjust.

*please note, this is not a dig at McNabb, just pointing out the nonsensical aspect of leif's argument.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

Think about this statment for a second. If he was accurate, he wouldn't throw things into the dirt. This is the biggest "excuse" statement i've seen in a while. This is like saying "well, TO isn't a nut case. Just sometimes his mind takes over and he spouts off to the media." McNabb is what he is. We all know and acknowledge that his biggest weakness is accuracy. Even the biggest McNabb supporters will concede this point. The flaw here is that Reid has known this for 10 years and has failed to adjust.

*please note, this is not a dig at McNabb, just pointing out the nonsensical aspect of leif's argument.
                            Jaws talks about this nearly every time he speaks about McNabb.

I differentiate between being sloppy at times and being naturally inaccurate.

Some people no matter how good their technique just can't throw an accurate pass, and that just isn't the case with McNabb. At least not anymore, the past 3-4 years McNabb's accuracy has really improved when he used proper technique.

Comment

Working...
                            X