Giants Win or Cowboys win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Win or Cowboys win?

Am I getting crazy in my old age? I feel like beating the Giants was more fun....

I dunno, when we beat the Giants, I was on the giants message boards reading about their misery. (I never post.) But I don't even have the energy to read the Cowboys fans pissing and moaning today...

Now it could just be my cold/flu but this win was less satisfying than the Giants win. Maybe it's cause the Cowboys suck so badly. Even though I'm conditioned to hate the Cowboys since childhood, lately, I've found that I hate the Giants more.

I mean, you see Tom Coughlin and you want to hit him. Wade Phillips, you just feel like he's the retarded kid that eats paste.

Tough one.......can I cop out and call it a tie????

I think this one was a bigger win to me because of what had happened all day, and that fact that it was a definitive Win And In situation.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

yeah, the enormity of the situation means it was more important. But as far as satisfaction.... I dunno. I really like beating the Giants.

I would say:

Giants
      Cowboys
      Steelers
      Patriots

If we could beat those 4 teams every year, I'd be happy.

Comment

Cowboys was WAY more fun to me, and it's not even remotely close.

Comment

5 things jump out for me,,,,,,

1. Anytime you beat the Cowpukes and you do it severely and obnoxiously is extremely satisfying to me.

2. Anytime you beat the Cowpukes to clinch a playoff spot is very satisfying.

3. Anytime you can beat the Cowpukes and knock them out of the playoffs is extremely satisfying.

4. Anytime you beat the Cowpukes, and at the same time leap over them in the standings is very satisfying.

5. Anytime you can just stomp the shit out of the Cowpukes is tremendously satisfying.

1 and 5 are worth the repetition!

Comment

C'mon, SF. Honestly. Beating the Giants was a huge win, and they proved that they could beat a good team, on the road, and it was a must win. But, how often do the stars align like they did yesterday. Tampa loses at home to Oakland?? Wha??...Chicago loses to Houston??

And, then the Eagles come out and beat the snot out of Dallas in what was, for all intent and purposes, a playoff game. 44 to freakin 6???? Romo passing out in the shower, Wade looking like he was going to cry at his presser. It was such a thorough beat down that TO couldn't single out anyone to throw under the bus. Now, their fans are all throwing rocks. Calling them a bunch of heartless, gutless, losers. All those bandwagon Cowboys jerseys are going back in the closet for a long time.

That was way better than beating the Giants.

Now, if they can beat the Giants in a couple of weeks, however...

Comment

That is true EB...

But I get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing Tom Coughlin looking like he might blow a fuse. If only Wade Phillips didn't look so pitiable...

must be the meds!

Comment

i hate the redskins, giants and cowboys equally. hate, hate, hate.

however, i do respect the giant organization. they are very well run and i like how they have had a consistent football philosophy over a period of time and through a succession of coaches.

dallas and washington are just mickey mouse all the way.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

You know what, much as I always want to see the Eagles beat NFC East teams, and it pisses me off that we're the only NFC East team that doesn't have a Lombardi trophy, I've never had the hate for Washington or New York that I've always had for Dallas. Maybe it's because they've got the stars on their helmets, the whole "America's Team" crap (they're either the team you love, or the team you love to hate -- either way, it makes money), or the long list of arrogant asshats who've played for them.

Anyway, it felt like a bigger surprise for us to beat New York. But I enjoyed the hell out of the win over the Cowgirls a lot more.
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                    You know what, much as I always want to see the Eagles beat NFC East teams, and it pisses me off that we're the only NFC East team that doesn't have a Lombardi trophy, I've never had the hate for Washington or New York that I've always had for Dallas. Maybe it's because they've got the stars on their helmets, the whole "America's Team" crap (they're either the team you love, or the team you love to hate -- either way, it makes money), or the long list of arrogant asshats who've played for them.

Anyway, it felt like a bigger surprise for us to beat New York. But I enjoyed the hell out of the win over the Cowgirls a lot more.
                    Well, balto, I think the hate for certain teams comes from your dealings with their fans. (I'm sure people HATE the Eagles because of us..) When I was younger, it was always the Cowboys fans who were chirping so loudly cause they were really good (Aikman era) and it made no sense whatsoever that they were Cowboys fans because they were born and raised here. They were just frontrunning bandwagoners, which is the lowest form of scum.

However, when I moved to SF, there were no Dallas fans -- mainly cause most SF dwellers are transplants and nobody moves from Dallas to SF and also because homegrown fans were Niners fans. Dallas fans FROM dallas are actually pretty decent folk. They love their team as much as we love ours and I respect the hell out of that. Now, if you live near Dallas, I'm sure your large sample size would lead to hate Dallas more.

Anyway, the Giants fans I've found are worse because a) they're obnoxious new yorkers and b) they seem to be HUGE frontrunners. You never hear a peep out of them until they're good.

That, coupled with my intense dislike of Coughlin's mug leads me to put the Giants at #1.

LT - I respect the Giants organization as well.

Comment

This sums it up nicely, from Peter King:

Sunday was one of the five worst days in the 49-year history of the Dallas Cowboys.

Comment

I can understand your perspective about it being a bigger win vs the Giants simply because they are world champs, and the Cowpies are nobodys.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Definitely more satisfaction in beating the Cowboys. It hate the Cowboys players - both past and present - far more than I hate the Giants players - both past and present. Plus, BY FAR just about all of the Cowboys fans that I know are obnoxious arrogant pricks about their team. I know some Giants fans and by-and-large they aren't in-your-face and irritating like the Cowboys fans.

Comment

This is a tough one...lol

I can understand liking the win vs the Giants because they have been our main rival during the Reid era....they were the division heavies when he arrived, beat us in 2000 on the way to the SB, had the consecutive winning streak vs us which McNabb/Reid finally broke in 2001, always played us tough and have been the thorn since 2005 as well...we knocked them out in 2006, but they have taken back the division since etc. They are the other NFC East team left in our way and the path to the SB runs through NY. Plus we had to demonstrate our improvement from the dominant loss to them earlier this season...

The Cowboys, OTOH, have been largely owned by Reid/McNabb during their careers and thus have taken a good bunch of the rivalry away...it still is the BIG game for most fans/media (especially in this last game scenario for a playoff berth), but we have posted 35+ on the Cowboys 6-7 times during this decade (twice this season alone) and Dallas has not been as competitive in the division as NY over the years...

I agree with whoever said Washington & Dallas are largely mickey mouse organizations and thus can be ignored easier than NY who has proven they are back and have presented us a much larger challenge. NY is a very good organization and thus must be taken more seriously.

I hate them all pretty equally; the team I hope we get to take to the "woodshed" this year is Carolina---NFCCG at Carolina and we shut them down to advance to the SB. Sweet revenge.
                            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Normally I could agree with you SF but not this year. This game, under these circumstances was a win for the ages. For ages before there was a Dallas we had tremendous rivalries with the Vagiants such as the old Bednarik versus Huff days and Kyle Rote versus Pete Pihos Tittle/Van Brocklin etc etc. If you check the last couple of decades these two teams have really rotated dominating each other for a couple years at a time. If this win means we are on the upswing again then that adds even more credence but still not as much, THIS YEAR, as this Cecile B Demilles humongous production of Iggles Conquer Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X