Mummers' Day Parade (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummers' Day Parade (OT)

I haven't been to the Mummers' Day Parade since I was a little kid. I am thinking about driving up from Virginia on New Years Day to see it. I understand that it has now been somewhat curtailed. Does anyone here still attend the parade? Is it worthwhile for me to travel two and a half hours to see? What is the parade route?
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

By all means, attend.

I usually go to the parade whenever I am visiting family over the Holidays.

While Mayor Nutter created a stir by applying some of his budget cuts to the Mummers, I believe some private interests stepped in to make up the deficit.

Parade route is South Philly, up Broad to City Hall for judging, then vector east down Market St. to 2nd St.

Fancy Brigades go inside the Convention Center for their final judging and show...

Comment

Thanks, Azures!

Good to see you posting again!

How's Atlanta?
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
        Thanks, Azures!

Good to see you posting again!

How's Atlanta?
        As you can imagine, they're all Falconed up right now.

Otherwise, it's been bliss since the Phillies WS Championship. That's why I was so tardy and neglectful about posting here on the Eagles. I was completely consumed with the Phils from early September through the November afterglow. By the time I looked up, the Birds were clinging to their playoff lives...
        Last edited by Azures; 12-30-2008, 03:38 PM.

Comment

D, good to see you around. Thanks for coming back!

Comment

Working...
          X