No announcement yet.

Some people get way serious...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people get way serious...........

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dispute over Eagles-Cowboys leads to shooting

Here at Eagletarian, we devote our time to discussing the finer points of the Eagles and football, with a mix of references to music and pop culture, of course.
    Unfortunately, every now and again, serious issues from the real world intervene.

A report out of Cordova, Md., indicates that some football fans took the game too far. Two men are being held without bond for a shooting steeming from an argument about the Eagles-Dallas game.
    According to the Star Democrat, of Easton, Md., Damian Joseph Alexander, 28, and Shane Austin Ratliff, 19, face two counts each of attempted first- and second-degree murder, four counts each of reckless endangerment and first- and second-degree assault and one count each of malicious destruction of property more than $500. Ratliff also faces five counts of accessory after the fact.

Witnesses told police Alexander shot at least five rounds from a shotgun at four people in a sport utility vehicle, the newspaper says.

Twenty-six shotgun pellets hit two of the occupants, including 22 hitting the neck, head and back of one. Both suffered minor injuries. The other two passengers were uninjured.

Prior to the shooting, a woman had text-messaged Alexander about the game. He called back and got into an argument with her and another man. The man then drove to Alexander's house and the guns became involved.

The specifics of the argument were unclear.

I saw this. An unfortunate occurrence, indeed. As we all know, it's all a matter of keeping things in perspective which means removing some emotion from the equation and adding objective, dispassionate logic. While it states that the specifics were not clear, one would be led to assume that the incident stemmed from the game.

Comment

Some people are nuts. It is unfortunate but true.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

There has got to be more to this story. Smoldering behind the scenes, something else was going on. Gotta be.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I don't know. That could be the story. Some people get so emotional over the smallest things. Plus they are totally messed up mentally from the start.

Comment

Wow, just tragic...I agree with AW there has got to be a subplot to this
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
            X