Just some Mcnabb on Mcnabb stuff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some Mcnabb on Mcnabb stuff....

He throws Sal under the bus in no uncertain terms..........

On whether he thinks winning a Super Bowl would lessen the criticism that he receives: "Winning cures everything. Winning cures everything. I've had fun since I've been here and I look to have more fun here. This is an exciting time. This is the playoffs. I'm looking forward to playing this weekend against the Giants and hopefully advancing. We are going to be ready to go. I don't worry about that outside stuff or worry about anything of that nature, but this is fun. This is a fun time. Football is fun for me and for a lot of guys as well."

On ESPN's report that McNabb's agent said that his future in Philadelphia hinges on a meeting after the season with Reid about his benching during the Baltimore game: "My agent did not say that. Sal reported that. At this point, it's just focusing on football, focusing on winning this game and hopefully moving on. And anything else, that's further, so I don't focus on that."

On whether being benched has had any effect on the way he has been playing or whether it's coincidental: "I think it's completely coincidental. I don't think that that played a factor into the way that I am playing now. So, that's in the past and we've moved on."

On whether he thinks his benching had an effect on any of the other players:
    "It may have, but I mean, can't speak for them, so you would have to ask them."

That first paragraph can't be right, McNabb hates Philly fans.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Pretty ballsy move by McNabb if he stays. I think he could make good coin if he left, and he knows that, even with a SB title, that Philly is sure not an easy place to be the starting QB.

As for the comment about Sal Pal, it reminds me of that Pam Oliver flap a couple of years ago. She said, "I got the feeling that....(insert speculation about McNabb's opinion)...I got the sense that....(ditto)" and then the media ran with assuming that she was quoting him word for word.

As for the Sal Pal thing, a good followup question for McNabb, or his agent, would've been, "Well, to set the record straight, do you know what your agent said?"
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        On whether he thinks his benching had an effect on any of the other players: "It may have, but I mean, can't speak for them, so you would have to ask them."
        I didn't see this game, so I didn't watch McNabb's play or how many of the gaffs were his responsibility or the blocking, but I still believe that Ried's intention was to motivate McNabb's teammate, and not to punish McNabb. And you know what, the rest of the team (Aside from the Redskins game) has raised their level of play so, Good job Coach Reid.

Regarding Sal, its obvious that his source with the Eagles is either gone or not willing to talk to him anymore and he is really reaching for any information he can get out of the Eagles. But on the other side, he seems to still be on good terms with the Giants who seem perfectly willing to give him stuff to report on.

Can we get someone to give him a Tonya Harding to the face?

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
          I didn't see this game, so I didn't watch McNabb's play or how many of the gaffs were his responsibility or the blocking, but I still believe that Ried's intention was to motivate McNabb's teammate, and not to punish McNabb. And you know what, the rest of the team (Aside from the Redskins game) has raised their level of play so, Good job Coach Reid.

Regarding Sal, its obvious that his source with the Eagles is either gone or not willing to talk to him anymore and he is really reaching for any information he can get out of the Eagles. But on the other side, he seems to still be on good terms with the Giants who seem perfectly willing to give him stuff to report on.

Can we get someone to give him a Tonya Harding to the face?
          As a one time Portlander, I'ld gladly take Tonya Harding on my face! For a start!

Comment

Working...
          X