X-Men 3 (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men 3 (OT)

Saw this movie on Friday after being a huge fan of the first two.

Basically - as a non comic book junkie - thought the movie was terrific. The movie run time (1:44) was very short for this kind of movie and left many of the more complicated issues unexplained but the characters and resolution to parts I & II were all put in place.

Some really cool effects and new characters. I will warn you that I went to see it with a friend of mine who loved the comics growing up and he said that X-MEN purists will be upset with some of the new characters and how they are portrayed vs. the comic standpoint.

All in all a great movie. Again a tad short - but if you loved 1 & 2 you'll love #3.

[Despite the new producer/director issues it seemed the same - which was a plus]

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

REally? I was so psyched for it but then everyone said it sucked. It's also directed by Brett Ratner who is a hack.

Of course I'll still see it but I wasn't in a rush for it anymore. Hmmmm....

Comment

I wanted to go out and see it this weekend, but the crowds are nuts on opening week. Gonna wait a bit. Man, I hope I'm not going to be disappointed in it, I've even got my wife psyched for this flick.

The one I'm really waiting for is Pirates of the Carribbean....
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        REally? I was so psyched for it but then everyone said it sucked. It's also directed by Brett Ratner who is a hack.

Of course I'll still see it but I wasn't in a rush for it anymore. Hmmmm....
        Well - I'm not an expert on this stuff to even know who Brett Ratner is but I can say if you go expecting an oscar worthy flick you'll be dispointed - if you go expecting a comic book - special effects wrap up to the X-MEN series - you should be happy...I liked it...

Grade: 89%
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

My most anticipated movie of the summer is NACHO LIBRE!

I didn't even see MI3. Tom Cruise needs to go away.

Comment

I thought it had a lot of good moments but overall was a mess. A major letdown after the first two movies. Now I am something of a comic book geek (or at least a former comic book geek, I haven't read an X-men book in five or six years) but my issues with the movie had little to do with how it compared to the comics - it was all about how it compared to X-Men and X-Men 2. With the short runtime, it could easily have added 20 or even 30 more minutes to deal with the characters, some of the major characters did little more than stand around the whole movie. I could get more into detail, but don't want to start a spoilerfest.

Comment

I cam into the movie with low expectation after replacement of Bryan Singer with Brett Rasner (the guy that is responsible for the pop culture reference, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD THAT ARE COMING OUT MY MOUTH"). But it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, still it was very poor when compared to the first two (especially X2, which IMO is the best sci-fi movie since Return of the Jedi).

Overall I give X3 three out of of five stars.

I'm the Juggurnaut Bitch!
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I saw it Sunday night - not bad, but definitely the weakest of the three movies. It seemed like they bit off a little more than they could chew. Too many new characters and plotlines thrown into the mix, many of which they barely even touched on. I'm with IMK. This would have been better with about 15-20 minutes tacked on to flesh out the characters/storylines a bit more.

I give this one a B-

For comparison, I thought the first movie was a B+ and the second was an A...
                The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

NACHO LIBRE BABY!!!! I Saw the previews before X3 and was pumped...looks sick...
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Oh and X2 is much better.

And I can't argue with what other posters have said. Unfortunately if they only added another 40 minutes of quality movie you could have had a really great flick.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                      NACHO LIBRE BABY!!!! I Saw the previews before X3 and was pumped...looks sick...
                      A movie about free cheese????
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Is that GMAN??

Comment

You guys realize I'm definitely gonna be Nacho Libre for Halloween right?

Jack Black cracks me up.

Comment

More important than Jack black though is that Nacho Libre has the writer of School of Rock and Orange County (Mike White) along with the director of Napoleon Dynamite (Jared Hess).
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                              X