No announcement yet.

3rd and 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been the biggest supporter, but just maybe not making him "the guy" by putting a top 5 defense on the field has helped him a bit.Less pressure ,knowing the other team isn't going to change the field position drasticly or score may be helping. I know he didn't have a great game Sunday, but in those conditions against that defense few would have success. My hat's off to him for getting the job done and putting us in a position to play yet another week.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Props also to the coaches for continuing to try to keep balance in the offense. That has to be helping the offense as a whole even when the running game's not actually doing that great (like the last two weeks). I like how DMac's been doing with this group of receivers too. They seem to be a solid bunch, with a couple of guys who can burn you. Not obvious world beaters, but we have them (I'm thinking of DJax, Curtis and Westy in the passing game).
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
        Props also to the coaches for continuing to try to keep balance in the offense. That has to be helping the offense as a whole even when the running game's not actually doing that great (like the last two weeks). I like how DMac's been doing with this group of receivers too. They seem to be a solid bunch, with a couple of guys who can burn you. Not obvious world beaters, but we have them (I'm thinking of DJax, Curtis and Westy in the passing game).
        I was unhappy during the first half, up until the late drive (can't be, everybody knows the WIP mantra that Donnie can't lead last minute drives). For a while there Celek 2X, Avant and Curtis on that bomb (shoulda been a TD) all choked and dropped catchable passes. Donnie didn't flinch, came right back to them and nailed his throws. He picked those WRs up and brought them back into the game showing trust and his super talent. He didn't let the drops, lousy officiating calls (the Curtis PI was terrible), the weather, wind or home vagiantal crowd back him down. He just went out and lead the team. No wonder Dawk and Westy were so strong in their praise. Its a shame the McNabb haters won't wake up until its too late. At least we can kick them off the bus as they try to sneak on.

Comment

Agreed Dutch. Our receivers had the yips early, especialy Celek. He's one of the more inexperienced guys, so I guess that shouldn't be a shock. But the Curtis drop floored me. But Donnie kept giving these guys chances and they came thru. Do you thik Donovan still feels like we need weapons? Maybe he's pretty comfortable with what he's got.

Donny played a good game. The safety is not on him, IMO. He never had a chance to do more than he did. The pick (not so much the tipped one) was on Donovan, and thankfully DJax immediately tackled the guy. But Donovan's poise thru the end of the game was masterful. Kept throwing with confidence, and at times evading pressure. This is the Donovan we need. Manage the game, minimize the mistakes, give your playmakers opportunities, and trust your defense to keep you in it. It's a good formula, and one that I think he is comfortable with.

There may still be some changes we need to make with this team, but QB is not one of them.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Mike & Mike were discussing McNabb's Hall of Fame credentials. I always figured that he'd need a few more good years to get into that conversation, but he compares very favorably against Aikman except for the titles. Hopefully, he takes care of that this month!
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

If McNabb wins a title this year, he is practically a lock for HOF, as will be Dawkins and Reid. I think at least one of Runyan/Thomas gets in and possibly Westbrook as well.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
              X