Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something we may not want to face but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something we may not want to face but....

Is Westy done?

I know about the nagging injuries, but that is part of who he is. Is our ultimate weapon.....running on empty?
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

maybe... i will tell you if knowshon moreno is available when we pick in the first round i would take him.

Pick 1A) - Brandon Pettigrew

Pick 1B) Knowshon Moreno
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Westbrook ? Not done, but fading

As are Runyon, Tra Thomas, Dawkins, Akers

Comment

slowing down for sure, but i don't think he's completely done. he needs a true compliment. bucky's ok, but not explosive enough.

what we really need is a #1WR. I'm openly and actively campaigning.

Comment

fly, that's becasue you watched Fitz today. THere are only a handful of difference making WRs in the league, and he's 3 of them.

I don't want to hear a big cry for Boldin either. He's not sufficient to make a difference for us.

But we need to look at a replacement for Westy I think. Not just a complimentary back, but a guy that could fil his role in a year or two.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Boldin has been hurt. He's an absolute beast rac.

Comment

Westbrook has been injured IMO.

To answer the question, we'll find out more next season (barring a season-ending, preseason injury).

Comment

I don't know if Westbrook is done or not but he doesn't seem to have the burst he once had. Andy must draft a running back high in this years draft to protect against this happening again. Buchalter is a free agent and probably will leave for a chance to play more somewhere else (maybe St. louis)
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Moreno, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    I don't know if Westbrook is done or not but he doesn't seem to have the burst he once had. Andy must draft a running back high in this years draft to protect against this happening again. Buchalter is a free agent and probably will leave for a chance to play more somewhere else (maybe St. louis)
                    Agree with this.
                    We definitely need to get a quality RB in the draft, preferably two.
                    Westy is not done but is looking slower. Adding a couple of stud young RBs is something the Eagles need to do this offseason.

Comment

As for a #1 WR being some huge area of need, Kevin Curtis went 4 for 122 today. And Desaun went 6 for 92 and a TD.

Meanwhile we couldn't run for shit at all, either because Westbrook is too far below 100% or because he's lost his burst. You pick the reason, I don't really care.

The reality is that the proverbial "#1 WR" is not nearly as big of a need as a #1 RB right now. A healthy Westbrook is a #1 RB, but since when have we had that?

Comment

http://footballsfuture.com/2009/fa/rb.html FREE AGENTS

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/rb.html DRAFT PROSPECTS

Comment

Originally posted by EFD View Post
                          As for a #1 WR being some huge area of need, Kevin Curtis went 4 for 122 today. And Desaun went 6 for 92 and a TD.

Meanwhile we couldn't run for shit at all, either because Westbrook is too far below 100% or because he's lost his burst. You pick the reason, I don't really care.

The reality is that the proverbial "#1 WR" is not nearly as big of a need as a #1 RB right now. A healthy Westbrook is a #1 RB, but since when have we had that?
                          ....and a healthy Andrews might have helped, IMO.

Comment

Very good point TP.

Comment

Westy's replacement definitely needs to be drafted. But he should have 1-2 pretty good years left.

But Either his vision is just not that good or he's too hobbled to get there, cause he's just not seeing the holes or hitting them quick enough.
                              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X