Link to someone with inside info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to someone with inside info

Hi.. on a fantasy football forum I frequent (which is perhaps among the best for fantasy football), they have a thread on the Eagles. there is a poster there named "DerangedHermit" who has a friend who works for the Eagles. He has good inside info is is right most of the time. He is also reasonable and writes well... His posts are gems worth reading... I sent him a message asking him to post here. If he doesnt, here is the forum
    http://forums.footballguys.com/forum...=350&start=350

For fantasy football, it is perhaps the best. The forums are loaded with info and on Sundays have threads on who will start/sit.

just wanted to pass this along and hope DH joins us here

I'll say this much ... I really like that site. I actually know (kind of) one of the guys on the staff and his insight is always pretty darn good. As for the forums, I don't go there often unless I have a specific question or want to find updates for guys from other teams.

As Vin stated in the other thread...i think it would be nice to have a few more posters over here...

Comment

This.

Eagles fans are calmly dealing with Brian Dawkins' departure
      By Chris Chase

Move over Ben Franklin, Philadelphia has a new favorite son. Brian Dawkins, the 13-year Eagles veteran, signed with the Denver Broncos yesterday and the decision of the Philly front office to let Dawkins go over a reported $2.2 million difference has Philadelphians reacting like Joe Banner went out and took a sledgehammer to the Liberty Bell.

Talk radio lines are jammed with callers badmouthing the organization, blog commenters are being their usual rational selves and even the mainstream press is jumping in on the hysterics.

Witness the Philadelphia Inquirer's above-the-fold story about the Dawkins departure. (Would Donovan McNabb leaving the city garner moon landing-type headlines from the Inquirer?)

If that wasn't enough, the newspaper's story about Dawkins begins with a comparison to the founder of Pennsylvania:
      The city's skyline wouldn't look the same if the statue of William Penn toppled.
      Eagles fans who attend their first game next season will likely have a similar feeling about their team when they look into the secondary and see Brian Dawkins is no longer there.
      Brian Dawkins was a great player for Philadelphia. As a Redskins fan, I'm glad to see him out of the division. But, come on people, he's going to be 36 years old next season. Plus, as Bob Ford wrote in one of the few calm and rational takes on the matter, it's a business decision by both the team and Dawkins himself. But rational isn't fun. I much prefer this.

Related: Donovan McNabb
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

the footballguys boards are absolutely invaluable for fantasy players. I don't know how many times I've been able to jump on a breakout player a week early because of a tip I found on those boards. The podcast is also great.

Comment

And FWIW, I'm not Jeff P\asquino.

Comment

I believe the inside information, of course we are going to BURN our two 1st rounders on two positions that won't bring back ANY value to us in 2009, offensive line and CB. I ask you think, WHY DO WE NEED A CORNERBACK???? We just resigned Hanson, we have one of the best starting tandems in football and its not like they are 40 years old.

This would be a major F up by Andy Reid if they went in that direction. For once they need to address the skill positions, TE and RB must be address in round1, not round 2 by that point any RB or TE of any type of value will be gone we will be stuck with the Tony Hunts and Ryan Moats of the world all over again. This is not a deep draft in Tight Ends who can block and running backs and that is my own personal opinion but I have not seen anything past the top 5 backs in this draft that will help this team in 09, 10, 11 or beyong
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Take Jared Cook at TE and were fine there.

Comment

DerangedHermit just signed up yesterday but has yet to post anything.

you might want to PM him orangeeater.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  I believe the inside information, of course we are going to BURN our two 1st rounders on two positions that won't bring back ANY value to us in 2009, offensive line and CB. I ask you think, WHY DO WE NEED A CORNERBACK???? We just resigned Hanson, we have one of the best starting tandems in football and its not like they are 40 years old.

This would be a major F up by Andy Reid if they went in that direction. For once they need to address the skill positions, TE and RB must be address in round1, not round 2 by that point any RB or TE of any type of value will be gone we will be stuck with the Tony Hunts and Ryan Moats of the world all over again. This is not a deep draft in Tight Ends who can block and running backs and that is my own personal opinion but I have not seen anything past the top 5 backs in this draft that will help this team in 09, 10, 11 or beyong
                  They're now paying Hanson starter money, so if they do indeed draft a CB it is because Sheldon is moving to FS.

And as for offensive line that is a big need right now, we need a starter at LT, and depth on the right side in case Stacey isn't ready for opening day.

This is a very deep draft for RB and TE. You say there is only 5 good RBs, but I think there are more. Also I doubt 5 RBs go in the first round. And with TE if you don't get Pettigrew there is a host of players that grade out pretty similar that can be hand in rounds 2-4.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                    They're now paying Hanson starter money, so if they do indeed draft a CB it is because Sheldon is moving to FS.
                    Borrowed this link from the other board (Thanks to the Poster). This MIGHT be what is going on with the Hanson signing and Sheldon Brown. Adam Kaplan on NBC10

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...2-80956cb30ff0

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                      Borrowed this link from the other board (Thanks to the Poster). This MIGHT be what is going on with the Hanson signing and Sheldon Brown. Adam Kaplan on NBC10

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...2-80956cb30ff0
                      LOL, you beat me to it, I just posted this in it's on thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X