1st official poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st official poll

Ok, mainly as a test for the polling system here,, let's do a poll!
    Yes.... Reid will in fact run the ball more than 39% of the time.
    0.00%
    NO.... Reid is just yakking it up for the press and in fact they will run the ball less than 39% of the offensive plays.
    100.00%

Unless injuries to Westy, Moats and ??? decimate the backfield, I'm hoping for at least a 40-60 split. Assuming reasonable health at RB and OL, anything less than 40% runs would demonstrate to me that AR's stubborn excessive emphasis on the passing game will be a significant obstacle to the Bird's ever reaching the Promised Land...SB Victory.

Comment

OK, now the test part--------- Can you view the results--- before you vote?

Comment

I absolutely expect a solid 45% run ratio this year. Watching Andy's moves of the past three drafts build up to this year's stable of big, young, tough OLinemen it just has to be. In his heart of hearts he is still an OLer himself and he KNOWS what it can do to jack up his team and demoralize the opposition. He has even stacked up a supply of copycat RBs who fit his pattern. They are all now pumped up to about 210 lbs, are short and hard to spot behind such a huge OL, and have some speed and toughness to boot. I can't wait to see this unfold!

Comment

I expect to see the Eagles have a ratio of 55 - 60% in pass plays, which will give them 40 - 45% ratio of run plays, so there will be better balance.

In my view, last year was an aberration, so while the Eagles are a pass first offense, I have to believe that they do recognize the need to maintain a strong running scheme.

So, I am going with the expectation of a more balanced offense this season.

Comment

OMG,

If they don't run at least 39% of the time we're looking at 4-12!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
              OMG,

If they don't run at least 39% of the time we're looking at 4-12!
              Only a sith deals in absolutes

Although you are probably right.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Wow, so far I'm the lone <40% vote. That surprises me. Don't we "expect" them to run the ball more EVERY year? And every year they don't.

Comment

Think about it Chris. 39%? Even Andy has to run 40% of the time. That's hardly a good thing. I'm looking for at least 45%.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
                    Think about it Chris. 39%? Even Andy has to run 40% of the time. That's hardly a good thing. I'm looking for at least 45%.
                    OK, true.

Last year they ran 37% of the time. I admit they almost have to come up from that. And this pole was set at 39% so going up at least 2% has to be a given.

But in 2004 they were only at 40%.

2003, 46%.

2002, 47%.

Notice a trend?

Anyway, after looking at the actual numbers, I suppose I'd change my vote to the over, but there's no way I'm expecting 45%. Not a chance.

Comment

I'm looking for it, but it doesn't mean I'll get it! I just hope Andy does!!

Comment

So-- can you see the results before you vote?

anybody? Bueller?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                          So-- can you see the results before you vote?

anybody? Bueller?
                          Yes you can.

Comment

Damn it!

Comment

I voted no, just because everyone else was voting Yes.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X